PDA

View Full Version : I knew it!

Team Sergeant
06-08-2004, 09:36
I've always figured as much....

Raw Sewage Backup Forces Evacuation at New Orleans District Attorney's Office

The Associated Press

Published: Jun 8, 2004

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Sewage from backed-up bathroom pipes burst through the ceiling of the New Orleans district attorney's office and ran down the walls, forcing the evacuation of the office.
"I've been complaining about the condition of this building for some time," District Attorney Eddie Jordan said Monday. "Perhaps some people think I've been crying wolf."
The city's health department ordered the building closed and evacuated because it was "unsafe for human habitation," Mayor Ray Nagin's office said. The building has had the sewage problem for two months, the statement said.
When the leak began Monday, workers in the building took important documents for upcoming trials and went to a nearby middle school, where they will work until the problem can be fixed. No health problems or injuries were reported.
Jordan asked criminal court judges to postpone any "nonessential" cases, but said hearings or trials involving violent crimes would continue. He did not have an estimate of how long it would take to fix the problem.
Both Jordan and his predecessor, Harry Connick Sr., have long complained that the cash-strapped city has poorly maintained the building.
AP-ES-06-08-04 0940EDT

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBKUW828VD.html

Kyobanim
06-08-2004, 09:41
And who says attorneys aren't full of shit?

Bill Harsey
06-11-2004, 07:44
they should run DNA tests to see who's at fault.