PDA

View Full Version : Help with NSN's

BryanK
12-08-2008, 11:33
I have a predicament that I hope someone could help me with soon. There is a unit deploying from my state soon (due to danger of violating OPSEC I will not disclose which one), and their weapons are being brought up to 10/20 standards.

We are trying to install the new generation of buttstock on M4A1's, but we only have the NSN for the buttstock. We need the NSN's for the extension tube, plate, and nut if possible. If anyone has the NSN for the QD flash supressor that would be beneficial too. I have contacted a place called Lewis Machine and Tool Co. with this same question, but no response yet.

The reason for the need of a quick response is because it takes a bit to get parts in, and the sooner we order the better. Please feel free to PM. I thank you in advance for any help/guidance, and if this violates OPSEC in any way please remove. Have a great day, and God bless.

The Reaper
12-08-2008, 11:36
I have a predicament that I hope someone could help me with soon. There is a unit deploying from my state soon (due to danger of violating OPSEC I will not disclose which one), and their weapons are being brought up to 10/20 standards.

We are trying to install the new generation of buttstock on M4A1's, but we only have the NSN for the buttstock. We need the NSN's for the extention tube, plate, and nut if possible. If anyone has the NSN for the QD flash supressor that would be beneficial too. I have contacted a place called Lewis Machine and Tool Co. with this same question, but no response yet.

The reason for the need of a quick response is because it takes a bit to get parts in, and the sooner we order the better. Please feel free to PM. I thank you in advance for any help/guidance, and if this violates OPSEC in any way please remove. Have a great day, and God bless.

The SOPMOD buttstocks that I have used all fit on the standard Colt M-4 extension tubes.

Have you tried to swap one yet?

TR

BryanK
12-08-2008, 11:47
Yes Sir, but if I am correct the new ones are 6-position? The tubes on these are only four position.

The Reaper
12-08-2008, 11:51
Yes Sir, but if I am correct the new ones are 6-position? The tubes on these are only four position.

That will not keep you from mounting the SOPMOD buttstocks, unless you really need the two extra positions. Seems like a waste of time and money to me. Do the 10/20 standards require a six-position adjustable stock?

Frankly, I adjust mine to fit with the kit on and rarely collapse or extend them unless putting them into a short case.

I do prefer the SOPMOD for the much improved stock-cheek weld, and expect that you will prefer them as well.

TR

BryanK
12-08-2008, 11:54
Thank you for the replies TR, and that is a good point about the waste of time/money. I was just trying to get the guys the most/best we could.

BryanK
12-08-2008, 12:22
I overlooked a question by accident. The 10/20 standards do not require the 6 position, but I am unaware of the individual preference of each soldier. I figure why not let the operator decide by just installing the new components across the board.

Razor
12-08-2008, 13:47
I figure why not let the operator decide by just installing the new components across the board.

Your unit must have an impressive Class IX budget.

BryanK
12-08-2008, 13:54
Your unit must have an impressive Class IX budget.

There is not that many weapons to bring up.

JJ_BPK
12-08-2008, 19:08
Stocks with four(4) or six(6) stops,, this popped up a couple months ago on the AR-15 fora..

The mil-spec version has 4 and commercial has 6,,

They also have different diameter tubs (c att pic)

Just an additional bit of info, you may already have..

koz
12-08-2008, 22:34
DLIS Homepage (http://www.dlis.dla.mil/webflis/pub/pub_search.aspx) you'll just have to know the right keywords

BryanK
12-09-2008, 07:03
Thank you for the help. No luck yet, but the new resources provide some more search options.