PDA

View Full Version : Fire Support Attachments

eric ford
11-30-2008, 11:25
A quick question for the QPs.

A fellow Fister in my squadron said that he has a friend who is a 13F that is attached to an ODA. Is this even possible? I personnally have never heard of it but who knows.

Don't want to violate OPSEC, but if this is possible I would like to PM someone that has knowledge in this area.

Again thanks for clearing this up.

Eric

abc_123
11-30-2008, 16:00

A fellow Fister in my squadron said that he has a friend who is a 13F that is attached to an ODA. Is this even possible? I personnally have never heard of it but who knows.

Don't want to violate OPSEC, but if this is possible I would like to PM someone that has knowledge in this area.

Eric

Cooks, bakers, and candlestick-makers can be attached if there is a operational need for those skills and the particular individual knows his job and can hold his own so as to be a net gain for the ODA.

Divemaster
12-03-2008, 01:14

Eric

If there is a need, almost anyone/thing can/should be attached. In my short (19 year) SF tenure, I've seen Navy EOD, USAF PJ, TACP and CCT, a 9th ID SPC who spoke Thai, Lao and Mandarin, and a real chef attached to an ODA or ODB. If you can justify it, it can happen.

My request for Angelina Jolie as a tactical interrogator for my Jr Bravo's birthday in Iraq was denied by some B TM fag who obviously didn't understant the operational imperitive. Hard to believe that shit still happens in the 21st century while we're in a war for national survival. Guess my justification needed work.

Kyobanim
12-03-2008, 06:05
and a real chef attached to an ODA or ODB

I smell a good story behind that one . . .

Richard
12-03-2008, 06:18
Never took any 13s along, we always did our own spotting and a few guys were NGF trained which came in handy in the RPI. I have, however, drug a CCT guy along a couple of times...which made me a strong proponent of getting the training ourselves and leaving their 'it's too hot, it's too cold, it's too wet, I'm too tired, my boots are too tight, my batteries are dead' asses back home. :rolleyes:

But maybe they're different now.

Richard's $.02 :munchin

blue02hd
12-03-2008, 06:25
If there is a need, almost anyone/thing can/should be attached.

My request for Angelina Jolie as a tactical interrogator for my Jr Bravo's birthday in Iraq was denied by some B TM fag who obviously didn't understant the operational imperitive. Hard to believe that shit still happens in the 21st century while we're in a war for national survival. Guess my justification needed work.

Thats hilarious, but sad. I bet if you would have requested Clay Aikens you would have got him, which would have been sad but hilarious,,,,

SF_BHT
12-03-2008, 06:30
He has received his answer via various PM's. I think he is GTG now.

The Reaper
12-03-2008, 08:03

Now THAT is some funny stuff right there! LMMFAO!

I smell a good story behind that one . . .

I am sure that Penn will be along to ask for the rest of the story shortly.:D

TR

Dozer523
12-03-2008, 08:24
BASTARDS!:mad: REMF's!!:D
You should have mentioned those cool bullets she uses.:)

Richard
12-03-2008, 16:07
You should have mentioned those cool bullets she uses.:)

Yeah...those things will poke your eyes out! :p

Richard's $.02 :munchin

ABN_FO
12-05-2008, 12:27
I just re-classed from being a 13F, I do know that there are slots for FS pax in the groups. I do not know the exact echelon they are at, but I do know they they are not assigned to an ODA. I was looking into it some, and the way it was explained from branch was that it was more of a coordination of FA assets and FSCMs with units in the area than as a walking FO.