PDA

View Full Version : CSM (Ret) Dennison

Pete
11-30-2008, 07:39
A good story on CSM (Ret) Dennison was in the Fayeteville Observer this morning.

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=311803

Blitzzz (RIP)
11-30-2008, 08:08
One of the best SGMs I had ever served with. A real Man, a real Quiet Professional, and a tremendous example to those around him. With great respect Blitz

Richard
11-30-2008, 08:21
Thanks for the article link, Pete.

It sure brought back memories. I served with Joe D twice in the 7th and in Thailand, and we used to get together once in awhile when he was 5th SFG CSM and I was a DET CDR in the 7th SFG to 'discuss' things like COL Guest and such. Joe's 'run in' with Jahnke's blonde Gibbon at Nong Takoo is a classic tale I'll have to tell one day. :D ;)

Louie Wadlaw was a TMSGT for ODA-746 (IIRC) when I was on Mac's team, ODA-742, and Alsee Richardson was a Black Hat at Ground Branch when I went through the BAC who I saw off and on for some 20 years around Bragg at the GB Parachute Club, etc. Alsee was also on the Golden Knights and the JFK Command Demonstration Team back when.

Thanks for the GOOD memories this morning! :)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Team Sergeant
11-30-2008, 09:54
CSM Joe Dennison is an outstanding CSM!

I've known him for over twenty years, he was my first BN CSM (A-1-5 SFG) and he and I went over to Desert Shield/Storm together. Joe D served as the CSM of SOCCENT during that time.

I've got some good CSM Joe D stories...;)

Team Sergeant

SF_BHT
11-30-2008, 10:34
Joe was the best SGM/CSM I have ever had the pleasure to know and work with. He is one of two reasons I went into SF and seceded. He is one of the best examples of a Quiet Professional.
Every time I hear his name it brings up great memories.

Stras
11-30-2008, 16:09
We just had lunch with Joe D. this last week. He's doing well and is still telling lies, especially when ole Alsee Richardson is hanging with him. He has been known to frequent Charlie Mike's Pub every once in a blue moon.

I'll pass on everyones' regards to Joe this week when I talk to him.

Richard
11-30-2008, 21:00
We just had lunch with Joe D. this last week. He's doing well and is still telling lies, especially when ole Alsee Richardson is hanging with him. He has been known to frequent Charlie Mike's Pub every once in a blue moon.

Tell him "Purple says hey...and Ginger wants her beret back!" :D

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Team Sergeant
12-01-2008, 08:06

Tell him "Hi" for me!

Enigma0122
12-01-2008, 08:56
Great CSM, although I did not work directly under him, was on ODA 572 A/3/5

Alsee Richardson, great guy. remember in the Carter years when all we did was post support and clean up. One support cycle myself and a another guy out of 3/5 (Molina) were task for three month to cleaning the GB Club and keeping the beer on ice. Alsee told one to home for 30 days and then the other. He didn't need two of us. Molina went first, back to PR and then I to KY. FREE LEAVE.

Needless to say, I was able to repay his kindness some 19 years later when working as a Patrol Sergeant with the Hoke County Sheriffs Dept. Glad I was there for you Alsee and home safe.

Stras
12-02-2008, 12:42
Joe D. sends his regards to all. I think I heard 3 or 4 TS stories in the span of 15 min. He's in good spirits and doing well. We'll be linking up at the Bragg "safe house" hopefully on Fri for a cold one. I can't wait to hear his response to Purple and Ginger...