PDA

View Full Version : At DFW this morning.

Ambush Master
11-29-2008, 21:38
I met up with Crip this morning at DFW Airport, 0730 prox.

We went to the terminal that he would be departing from, and got in line at a Starbucks. We were chatting typical SF/GI type talk and as we got up to the counter, the LADY in front of us turned and asked if we were in the MILITARY!!! Crip and I kinda looked at each other and I responded that I was past service and that Crip was active, she looked at my hat and asked if we were Green Berets. I said yes and..

She then placed her order.......... and told them to give us whatever we wanted and put it on her tab!!!

I'm still thinking about this and wish that I had had the presence of mind to give her a PS.com card!!

She had a couple of kids with her and when she told them that we were Green Berets, their eyes bugged out and their jaws dropped!!!

I've NEVER expirenced anything like this!!

Later.
Martin

nmap
11-29-2008, 22:01
People need heroes - those who embody the best attributes of a nation or a people. People can aspire to the qualities they exemplify, and perhaps become more than they otherwise would.

And, if I may say so, QPs would make good heroes.

Gypsy
11-30-2008, 08:59
So what kind of fru-fru coffees did you guys get? :p

:D

That's pretty awesome...and well deserved.

zauber1
11-30-2008, 10:24
One shouldn't be quite so surprised at this. This is just the way folks are in Texas and particularly in the DFW area. When I went through the DFW airport last in uniform (right after Desert Storm) my money was no good in the airport restaurant. Several people wanted to pay my tab and ended up splitting it between them.

Ambush Master
11-30-2008, 11:09

I passed, already had one that was half full/empty!! Crip got some cold Latte thing that gave him a Brain Freeze, although I questioned how that could even be possible!!!! :D:munchin

Later.
Martin

Surgicalcric
11-30-2008, 11:10

I had a Caramel Light frappacchino thank you very much... :D

AM was still working on a coffee from McD's...

Eagle5US
11-30-2008, 11:10
That is fantastic.

My Dad (USN RET) tries to do stuff like this for folks he sees in uniform out around Newport News. It is nice that you were both recognized.

God Bless our United States and the citizens who appreciate her.

Eagle

Gypsy
11-30-2008, 14:47
Crip got some cold Latte thing that gave him a Brain Freeze, although I questioned how that could even be possible!!!!

I don't even...nope not gonna... :D

I had a Caramel Light frappacchino thank you very much... :D

Do they serve those with umbrellas? :p

Seriously, I'm glad to hear that someone recognized you both for the sacrifices you have and do make.

Richard
11-30-2008, 14:50
One shouldn't be quite so surprised at this. This is just the way folks are in Texas and particularly in the DFW area. When I went through the DFW airport last in uniform (right after Desert Storm) my money was no good in the airport restaurant. Several people wanted to pay my tab and ended up splitting it between them.

This happens all the time at DFW Airport and at Love Field. Welcome to Texas, y'all! :lifter

Richard's $.02 :munchin

BMT (RIP)
11-30-2008, 15:06
How did they get CRIP out of Ft. Bragg?

BMT

af_rigger
11-30-2008, 16:58
I know most QP's dont seek recognition or gratitude but this is a perfect example that while most Americans go about they day to day life and could care less on what goes on to keep this country safe, there a many of us out there that appreciate all the you do!!! God Bless all of the QP's! Thank You!

Bill Harsey
11-30-2008, 19:15
To all ya'll who don't know Ambush Master personally, I had the privilege to hear him tell the story to me over the phone. It touched him in a way that things usually don't and that's well deserved good stuff.

We can guess for fairly for sure it wasn't Jane Fonda in the line in front of him either.

Crip, Buddy, You need to visit Oregon so I can show you what real logging water is.

NousDefionsDoc
11-30-2008, 19:22

I've NEVER expirenced anything like this!!

Later.
Martin

Welcome home Brother.

Bill Harsey
11-30-2008, 19:27
Welcome home Brother.

That's the post of the year.

edited to add, at least darn close to it.

Ambush Master
11-30-2008, 21:01
Welcome home Brother.

Thank you Brother, and the other Brother Bill!!

All, do take care.
Martin

dr. mabuse
11-30-2008, 21:48

TOMAHAWK9521
11-30-2008, 23:45
I'll be honest that something similar to this has happened to me at least 3-4 times in as many years. As a former AGR guy for the old C/5/19 SFGA in CO, I was honored by other guests at restaurants who saw me at lunch in uniform who paid my way. I did, however, seek them out and pay my respects to those who had seen fit to pay their gratitude to my brethren-in-arms and I who did our duty.

There is still hope for our country men yet.

:)

kgoerz
12-01-2008, 10:22
There are still a Lot of people around who appreciate people who are here to protect them. From DC to NY. If we are in Kit. We constantly have people come up and thank us for what we are doing, offering food and something to drink. People in the NE have not forgotten 911 like most of the Country, especially NY.

greenberetTFS
12-01-2008, 10:44
I work security at a gated community. We are allowed to use radar and on occasion I do run across a DAV or Purple Heart tag when I stop a car for speeding or rolling a stop sign. I know I shouldn't do it,but I just don't give tickets to to these vets......:)

GB TFS

echoes
12-01-2008, 10:56
There are still a Lot of people around who appreciate people who are here to protect them. From DC to NY. If we are in Kit. We constantly have people come up and thank us for what we are doing, offering food and something to drink. People in the NE have not forgotten 911 like most of the Country, especially NY.

My kin-folk and I have not forgotten...nor will we ever!

So next itme ya'll are in or around Oklahoma, just give a holler...

We Salute You, who keep us safe!:lifter

Holly

p.s. AM....If you are ever up here across the red-river, the coffee is on me Sir. :-)

zuluzerosix
12-01-2008, 13:49

This happened to me at DFW after OP. Deset Storm. I was very humbled.

(I just made two posts on this site in one day...I feel out of control, somebodyhelp me.)

Divemaster
12-03-2008, 23:26
My wife and I did something similar last year. We paid the tab for a group of Patriot Riders who had stopped for lunch after protecting a military funeral that morning. Those folks could put away some beer!