PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Civil War Football

Bill Harsey
11-29-2008, 11:06
Today the Oregon State Beavers play the University of Oregon Ducks.
If Oregon State Beavers win, they go to the Rosebowl.

Here is an article in The Thanksgiving day Oregonian newspaper, it's about Beaver Football and a helmet:
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf?/base/sports/1227756305233950.xml&coll=7

Bob Jeremiah was a member of the Oregon State Beavers famous 1967 Giant Killers football team and a good friend of mine.

I went to Duck-U but today I'm rooting for the Beavers.

Edited to add, the story took me by surprise yesterday and is worth reading

Ambush Master
11-29-2008, 11:37
Now.....that is touching!!! Good story.....THANKS BILL!!

Richard
11-29-2008, 12:06
Good story...and I'm sure there are lots of such stories out there among the many great high school and college rivalries which never make the news among the MSMs penchant for highlighting the darker side of sports. FWIW, I enjoy high school and college sports, and don't watch pro sports anymore.

Thanks, bill. :)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Roguish Lawyer
11-29-2008, 23:08
Big win by the Ducks

JMI
11-30-2008, 06:46
Wow, that was a big win for Oregon. They ran all over the Beavers. Good game as always.

Bill Harsey
12-02-2008, 10:20
This isn't going to make much sense unless you've clicked on the first link here and read the story "A Priceless Gift (with a crack)" by John Canzano, Oregonian sports columnist.
This way you know what Bob Jeremiah was doing the day before he joined the Marines.

First PT day, Bob's Drill Instructor told him he was too fat to do pushups but wanted to see him fail in front of the whole group anyway. Bob got down and did 100.

Bob looked a lot more like Jack Moroney (RIP) than the Team Sergeant. ;)