The 2009 Show
January 15-18, 2009 - Orange County Convention Center
Orlando, FL

Show Hours:

Thursday, January 15 --- 8:30am-5:30pm
Friday, January 16 --- 8:30am-5:30pm
Saturday, January 17 --- 8:30am-5:30pm
Sunday, January 18 --- 8:30am-4:00pm

(I just purchased my airplane tickets and got a hotel $300 cheaper by calling the hotel direct instead of using expedia.com hotels.com or priceline.com. I did look up the same hotel using all three at the same time, all were about the same price $710-720 plus tax, I call the hotel, its $460.:rolleyes:)

Kyobanim
11-27-2008, 09:45
I'll be there and will be available to assist with setups for anyone with a booth.

Anyone want to work up a night time itinerary?

Ambush Master
11-27-2008, 10:08
I'll be there!! Haven't yet decided if I'll ride the Bonnie over or fly.

Later
Martin

Bill Harsey
11-27-2008, 10:16
Chris Reeve Knives will be there and I'll be with them.

Tuukka
11-27-2008, 10:22
Not certain at this moment, I will give a heads up when my travel is confirmed or not. We are quite busy at work already, which is not a bad thing.

Abu Jack
11-27-2008, 11:31
I live in Tampa and plan on stopping in. If anyone needs any support let me know.

Mike

Team Sergeant
11-28-2008, 13:02
Anyone want to work up a night time itinerary?

Sure,

Thursday, January 15 --- 8:30am-5:30pm

5:31-midnight, Keg Party in Harsey's room.

Friday, January 16 --- 8:30am-5:30pm

Saturday, January 17 --- 8:30am-5:30pm

Sunday, January 18 --- 8:30am-4:00pm

I'll let you all know when I have Harsey's room #.;)

Surgicalcric
11-28-2008, 14:16
I am gonna attempt to make it... I am working at the 20th SOT-D during that week/weekend but am hoping we have the weekend free. I talked to AM earlier today during my layover in DFW and will be letting him know for sure the first week of January.

Crip

Ambush Master
11-28-2008, 15:14
I am gonna attempt to make it... I am working at the 20th SOT-D during that week/weekend but am hoping we have the weekend free. I talked to AM earlier today during my layover in DFW and will be letting him know for sure the first week of January.

Crip

Actually, I met him at the Gate at DFW 0740 prox!!

Spent a couple of hours and it's good to put a face with the name!!

Only down-side was that I got rear-ended by a teenager in a BRAND NEW Pontiac Grand Prix!! My Rear Bumper is crinkled, but the front end of her's WAS TRASHED!!!

Later
Martin

optactical
11-29-2008, 15:36
I'll be there

Bill Harsey
11-30-2008, 09:30
Team Sergeant, Thanks for the help.

Kyo,
Hard to schedule nights because of business stuff. Some our meetings are dinner things. This of course does not apply to everyone.

Kyobanim
11-30-2008, 10:03

Kyo,
Hard to schedule nights because of business stuff. Some our meetings are dinner things. This of course does not apply to everyone.

Well, TS says we get to party at your room every night. You don't need to be there. Just leave the key under the mat and the keg in a big bucket of ice and we'll take care of everything else.

Ambush Master
11-30-2008, 11:43

Kyo,

Well, TS says we get to party at your room every night. You don't need to be there. Just leave the key under the mat and the keg in a big bucket of ice and we'll take care of everything else.

Not to throw a Wet Blanket on the Party, but I will be in this room also!!! Whether I fly, or ride, I WILL BE ARMED, Florida has reciprocity with Texas in regard to CHL matters.

Even better, if I ride, there may be "Group Therapy Weapons" present!!:D
:munchin

Later,
Martin

PS,
I've never been one to pass up a GOOD PARTY!!!!

x SF med
11-30-2008, 11:52
Not to throw a Wet Blanket on the Party, but I will be in this room also!!! Whether I fly, or ride, I WILL BE ARMED, Florida has reciprocity with Texas in regard to CHL matters.

Even better, if I ride, there may be "Group Therapy Weapons" present!!:D

Later,
Martin

PS,
I've never been one to pass up a GOOD PARTY!!!!

AM-
Remember you need double ear protection to save your eardrums from the Harsey chainsaw snore... I would suggest good trigger locks on your weapons - you might be tempted to silence the Harsey with them very late at night without them.

Undecided whether I will be able to attend - work is evil for me right now...

Kyo-
Are you going to let me try out your Israeli prisoner control device if I show up? :) hehehehe

Ambush Master
11-30-2008, 12:46
AM-
Remember you need double ear protection to save your eardrums from the Harsey chainsaw snore... I would suggest good trigger locks on your weapons - you might be tempted to silence the Harsey with them very late at night without them.

GAS MASK!!!! For Sir William!!!:D

Gypsy
11-30-2008, 14:50

You could always fill those kegs with Coors Light. :D

Bill Harsey
11-30-2008, 15:47
Ya couldn't pay for friends this good!

Gypsy, Only if your there to help us drink 'em.

Ambush Master
11-30-2008, 16:37
AM-
Remember you need double ear protection to save your eardrums from the Harsey chainsaw snore...

You either forget, or are unaware, that I've done these Rodeos numerous times!!! BTDT The real Secret, is having the ablity to block the noise of the Snoring, but still be perceptual to the other lesser noises that one would NEED to be hearing, you can't do that with ear plugs!!!

Kyobanim
11-30-2008, 17:10
Kyo-
Are you going to let me try out your Israeli prisoner control device if I show up? hehehehe

I'll bring it just for you.

AM, if you bring your big friend I'll schedule a day at the range. :D

C0B2A
11-30-2008, 17:30
Going to try and make it for 16th-18th, don't know the scheduled for that weekend yet though.

DeMo180a
11-30-2008, 23:11
I'll be there representing BHI! Swing by and introduce yourselves, eh? I'd love to meet the guys I've been talking to these past months! :)

Well, at least I know I'll meet Harsey - lol! Seriously guys swing by Blackheart's booth, we will be giving away all sorts of cool stuff and we've opened up an entire new division of communications gear - for all you 18E's out there.

Batteries that are half the weight and take up 1/2 as much space of there equivilent in BA-5590's but they last approx longer than 5590's and don't contain any HAZMAT!

DeMo
ken@bhigear.com

Nick710
12-05-2008, 18:57
The little woman and I will be there. It will be our 5th SHOT show. Hope to meet some of you guys.

IRONRKSNS
12-08-2008, 17:56
Since this show is not open to the general public will they be allowing active duty military to attend?

Bill Harsey
12-08-2008, 18:14
Since this show is not open to the general public will they be allowing active duty military to attend?

The show always has lots of active duty guys there but not sure of the registration steps.

cornelyj
12-08-2008, 18:35
SHOT IS FOR THE TRADE ONLY AND IS NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

NOTE: Only individuals doing business in the shooting, hunting or outdoor trade or affiliated with the trade may
attend the SHOT Show. Attendees may be required to provide additional verification of their trade-related business
or affiliation (e.g., FFL or other supporting documentation) prior to or during the show. Individuals should carefully
review the show's exhibitor and attendee rules prior to registering. Registration and subsequent admission constitutes
full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of all show rules.

Wish I could attend; have fun gentlemen. Take some good pictures for us QP site stalkers to look at.

Bill Harsey
12-08-2008, 19:49
cornelyj,
Thank you. I have read all that too. There is another layer to this.

cornelyj
12-08-2008, 21:37
Well if you find the secret entrance let me know... ;)

I would be more than happy to be a Bill Harsey employee for the day and do some trade affiliated research for you if you would like?

jbour13
12-08-2008, 21:41
Well if you find the secret entrance let me know... ;)

I would be more than happy to be a Bill Harsey employee for the day and do some trade affiliated research for you if you would like?

Be careful what you wish for..... Mr. Harsey and Mr. Reeves will likely smoke your ass moving all of their heavy stuff. Mind you if it's hand carried by Bill it's gonna take two normal you's or a hand truck :D

Wish I could attend. We'll see about next year. Seems I have something important to do...... :cool:

IRONRKSNS
12-09-2008, 06:13
cornelyj,
Thank you. I have read all that too. There is another layer to this.

How about a 16 gallon keg of your flavor of choice Mr. Harsey? :D

borebrush
12-09-2008, 22:27

In Vegas they had an admissions tent and IIRC, mil could get badges there. I remember hearing that mil could walk in if they showed up in uniform. Thats pure scuttlebutt.

Fire off an email inquiry@shot.reedexpo.com

Never hurts to ask. Hell, they might even hook you up. Best of luck. SHOTs something to experience.

Ambushmaster, I look forward to more beer and kick ass stories once again. RP at Larue?

Defender968
12-10-2008, 07:17

I already asked the question here was their response,

Dear XXXXXXX,

Members of any law enforcement/military agency can attend the SHOT Show.
You would indicate your industry affiliation in the fields provided when
you are registering. You can register online at www.shotshow.com.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Andrea Gorrie
Client Services Supervisor
Reed Exhibitions
Phone: 203-840-5317
Email: AGorrie@reedexpo.com

I am planning on attending but as this will be my first SHOT Show I have 2 questions, does anyone know if the registration fee if for each day or is it inclusive, (I couldn't find the answer on their website but I haven't registered yet), and how long do people usually stay, what I mean is can you go through in a day or is there too much to see to do it in one day and should I plan for a couple?

IRONRKSNS
12-10-2008, 08:16
Defender,

Thanks for the info brother, I was curious about how many days to attend as well since this will also be my first SHOT show. Other trade show's I have attended have always taken at least two days to really see everything with out doing much jaw-jacking. See ya there!

The Reaper
12-10-2008, 08:36
You need to do your homework.

http://www.shotshow.org/

It takes two days to cover the floor, just walking aisles and not talking to anyone or stopping at any booths to ask questions.

With three days, you can walk the entire show and stop to talk to people. Four days is the only way to have time to play with most of the toys and try to enjoy yourself.

There will be around 2,000 booths spread over more than 17 acres, probably 60,000 people clogging the aisles, many who seem to delight in dragging carts, scooters, and carriages of various and sundry descriptions.

Good luck.

TR

Kyobanim
12-10-2008, 08:48
It takes two days to cover the floor, just walking aisles and not talking to anyone or stopping at any booths to ask questions.

And that is gospel.

I went to the last SHOT in Orlando but only had 2 days that I could attend. 2 days isn't even enough time to find the people you're going there to meet, let alone see the show.

If this is your first time, I would recommend sitting down with the show map and prioritize.

Then there is always my method, show up at Harsey's door step and let fate take it's course. :D

Defender968
12-10-2008, 09:02
You need to do your homework.

http://www.shotshow.org/

With three days, you can walk the entire show and stop to talk to people. Four days is the only way to have time to play with most of the toys and try to enjoy yourself.

There will be around 2,000 booths spread over more than 17 acres, probably 60,000 people clogging the aisles, many who seem to delight in dragging carts, scooters, and carriages of various and sundry descriptions.

Good luck.

TR

Copy that TR, I did look at the SHOT Show 09 site quite a bit but I guess I was having trouble getting my mind wrapped around the scale of the show. I also wasn't sure if allot of the booths were things I wouldn't likely stop at, I'll work out my schedule to have a min of 3 days.

Thanks

IRONRKSNS
12-10-2008, 10:08
For those of you that have attended this show before, is there any must-see booth's that you recommend? Thanks for the help.

The Reaper
12-10-2008, 10:17
For those of you that have attended this show before, is there any must-see booth's that you recommend? Thanks for the help.

Hundreds.

Do as you have been told.

Go to the website, pull up the exhibitor list and highlight the vendors you want to visit. Then go to the floorplan, and mark the physical locations of the booths, and work out a plan.

You know what you want to see better than we do.

BTW, daily access badges are expensive, IIRC. And this ain't a gun show. You will not be leaving with a firearm, and most vendors do not sell directly to the public at the show. Technically, they are not allowed to. You can fill up a ruck pretty quickly with brochures, handouts, and promotional junk. Eat before you get there and do not plan on dining at the show unless you like airport food and prices. Make sure you have your walking shoes/boots, good insoles, and your favorite socks. Photography is not normally permitted except by the press either.

BTW, the Search button is your friend. This is not the first SHOT we have attended. Do your homework.

Good luck.

TR

jdl141
12-26-2008, 16:47
I'll be there. Look forward to meeting and drinking with you guys!

x SF med
12-27-2008, 10:36
It looks as though my plans have been derailed by work, 99.999% chance I will be stuck here instead of having fun at SHOT.:(

TS, Harsey, Gunner, et al - you need to go to the Thai place and have Waterfall Beef at #10 heat for me...

Remind the new guys - DO NOT try to serve cheap beer to TS...:eek:

Send toys from the gimme booths, please.

Snaquebite
12-27-2008, 12:17
Will be manning the MSA Paraclete booth 14-18. Departing the 19th. Stop by.

Team Sergeant
12-27-2008, 14:17
I'll be there. Look forward to meeting and drinking with you guys!

Many of us can be found hanging around the "Chris Reeve Knives" booth.....

Penn
12-27-2008, 17:27
Obtained a pass through my shooting range people, not sure if I'll be able to use it....can't party, I'm on Coumadin, they said if I drink my brain could start bleeding. So, I looked up the drug. Its original use…as a rat poison caused spontaneous bleeding. The rats developed immunity; they adapted. You would think with modern technology, we could develop blood thinner that would allow us to continue enjoy life…I think I’ll placela cal to the NIH in DC this should be a priority.

Gypsy
12-27-2008, 21:29
You would think with modern technology, we could develop blood thinner that would allow us to continue enjoy life…I think I’ll placela cal to the NIH in DC this should be a priority.

Ask your doctor about Plavix. I have had no adverse reactions from it, I'm allowed to have red wine...and can have an occasional beer or whatever. Hey, it's better than nothing. Cumadin is very restrictive, can't even eat certain veggies...broccoli comes to mind IIRC.

/hijack.

Team Sergeant
12-27-2008, 23:04
We need to designate a rendezvous (bar-dinner joint) for the few days we're there.... any ideas? (I'll buy the first, second and third rounds....;)) And if you're on active duty, you drink free while I'm there......;)

Team Sergeant

kgoerz
12-28-2008, 16:03
To close to the inauguration for me to go. Ill be stuck here in DC. Thats two years in a row ill miss it.

gunnerjohn
12-30-2008, 00:43
We need to designate a rendezvous (bar-dinner joint) for the few days we're there.... any ideas? (I'll buy the first, second and third rounds....;)) And if you're on active duty, you drink free while I'm there......;)

Team Sergeant

I'll be there...

Wonder if they will remember us at Howl at the Moon??

That was a good drink meeting place.

mcarey
12-30-2008, 18:59
Myself and MILDOT will be attending. Hope to see you all there! Travel safe.

jdl141
12-30-2008, 20:08
Sounds great T.S. Don't know if you guys like cigars or not but I hear they have a pretty big cigar place with drinks.

Here is a link: http://www.coronacigar.com/events/index.asp

If not, I'll drink anywhere with you guys. Look forward to seeing you guys.

x SF med
12-31-2008, 11:37
I was surprised by HH6 with a plane ticket to Orlando... I just got in touch with a machinist and it looks like a pass is available... will bring poncho liner if I can't find a place to stay...

my .01% chance has been made available, I am taking it.

Bill Harsey
01-01-2009, 11:08
Got confirmation from a "confidential source" in the Colorado Knife Industry yesterday that "Surf Expo" is going to be next door again in Orlando during SHOT Show.

Surf Expo has NO booth babes, NONE!. You guys stay out of there, it's not safe.

Blackheart1137
01-02-2009, 07:54
There will be some SF hoodlums and the calendar girls at booth 9448 so stop by for a calendar, sorry no beer. Some new stuff on the custom guns we are showing other than that just the normal beans and bullets. E>

brianksain
01-02-2009, 23:43
I'll be there again ... bringing the Po Po with me.

OUT

Team Sergeant
01-03-2009, 12:02
I'll be there again ... bringing the Po Po with me.

OUT

Good, tell'em to bring some breaching equipment. Harsey thinks there might be something suspicious going on in the "Surf Expo" and we might have to make a "forced" entry.;)

The Reaper
01-03-2009, 17:32
That brings up a good point.

Who has the stack of get out of jail free cards for Orlando?

TR

29G31
01-03-2009, 17:44

TR

LOL... I know a bunch or Orlando firefighters... although that may make it worse!

See you guys at the show.

Ambush Master
01-03-2009, 18:38
Good, tell'em to bring some breaching equipment. Harsey thinks there might be something suspicious going on in the "Surf Expo" and we might have to make a "forced" entry.;)

Kinetic or..........................?!?!?!:D

x SF med
01-09-2009, 18:19

TR

Damn - is our favorite MoH recipient going to be in attendance? We had full police support and ' these are good guys' spread around last time we were in Orlando...

Amazing what photos with that Blue and Wahite Ribbon will accomplish.

Tuukka
01-12-2009, 03:28
Change of plans gentlemen, I will be attending.

Coming in on Wednesday evening and leaving on Monday afternoon.

Some of you might have my cell phone from last year, but if you want it, PM me.

Ambush Master
01-13-2009, 06:43
I'm OFF!!!

0855 Departure.............I'll have my cell.

See'ya'all LATER!!!

Take care
Martin

Team Sergeant
01-13-2009, 08:13
All you SF types, call me when you get there or stop by the "Chris Reeves Knives" booth to find out what's on the agenda.

Team Sergeant

gunnerjohn
01-17-2009, 00:23
All is well at SHOT... no one has been jailed yet. Proof here in pics

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n162/gunnerjohn/tgi2.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n162/gunnerjohn/tgi1.jpg

Gypsy
01-17-2009, 08:20
A) It's early.

2) That's not proof, there's only 2 of you in the second picture.

:p

Glad to hear all is well!

LibraryLady
01-17-2009, 10:10
How's the weather down there? ;)

LL

Kyobanim
01-17-2009, 10:23
Chilly

Sacamuelas
01-17-2009, 16:26
Why was the Team Sergeant so sad in that picture that he had his head hung down? Did they run out of beer? :D

AngelsSix
01-17-2009, 17:38
You guys do me a favor and drink one for me. And get lots of cool stuff. I am stuck here in the Hurst freezing my azz off, only because I had a test today.

Dammit:(

Roguish Lawyer
01-18-2009, 16:54
Why was the Team Sergeant so sad in that picture that he had his head hung down? Did they run out of beer? :D

I don't think that's TS.

LibraryLady
01-18-2009, 19:34
I don't think that's TS.

Wonder if the mystery man is gonna fess up to his identity? :munchin

LL

Sacamuelas
01-18-2009, 20:31
Nope.... It's him. Reading glasses and all. He even intimidated the poor guy in the background into bowing his head.

I ran the photo through this new program on my DHS-FBI-CIA-ATF-SF facial recognition server which scrutinizes images to discover any disguises .... here is what I got.

It is definitely the Team Sergeant. LOL

Team Sergeant
01-19-2009, 10:03
I don't think that's TS.

One of them was... And yes, one night they ran out of beer.

LibraryLady
01-19-2009, 12:13
Nope.... It's him. Reading glasses and all. He even intimidated the poor guy in the background into bowing his head.

I ran the photo through this new program on my DHS-FBI-CIA-ATF-SF facial recognition server which scrutinizes images to discover any disguises .... here is what I got.

It is definitely the Team Sergeant. LOL

Wow, and here I thought the handsome stud on the right was TS... :confused:

LL

ZonieDiver
01-19-2009, 21:06

Ran out of beer! Is that constitutional???? :)

perdurabo
01-19-2009, 22:37

The guy in the background didn't read the stickies and didn't fill out his profile. This picture was taken just after TS adjusted the gentleman's SA :lifter

That's my theory anyway :D

Peregrino
01-20-2009, 07:59
The "capper" was waking up to 4" of snow and news reports that Bragg was closed. Now I have a little time to recover from the unaccustomed exertion. :D (More like time to sort the loot and send e-mails to thank "the friendly staff" of various manufacturers! :p) A good time was had by all; made/renewed some valuable acquaintances, picked up some small stuff, got the mandatory “thanks for the kitchen pass” stuff for LH, visited with the crew (both CRK’s and PS.com’s) at the CRK booth. Heartfelt thanks to Chris, Anne, and Lisa for their hospitality; couldn’t have asked for more, nor could we have found better people to “hang out with”. Next time you guys are at Bragg I would be honored to return the favor. Saw the usual gadgets, some innovative/evolutionary stuff, very little that was actually new, almost nothing revolutionary. Glad to be home again; hope everybody else had safe, uneventful trips.

Bill Harsey
01-20-2009, 10:40
Got back last night. Nice to see some hills again.

Thanks to all those from PS.com, U.S. Army Special Forces and other members of our military, LEO's from the United States and visiting nations who stopped to see us. Some made very long journeys to be at the show and I hope you all return home safe.

Team Sergeant, Reaper, Ambush Master, Peregrino, Thanks for all your help and counsel on various important matters.
Good to see the Spartan Blade guys there too.

Special thanks to Snaquebite for design assistance above and beyond. It was my pleasure to meet and speak with you.

Didn't see much show because of all the normal stuff to take care of.
Will have to leave it to the QP's here to sort out what was important.

x SF med
01-20-2009, 20:49

In two different places - luckily the second place had a backup Keg.

gunnerjohn
01-20-2009, 23:02
In two different places - luckily the second place had a backup Keg.

Switching from Kirin to Bass was painful though. Those real loud crickets in the exibit hall opening day were hurting my head.

Roguish Lawyer
01-20-2009, 23:11
Switching from Kirin to Bass was painful though. Those real loud crickets in the exibit hall opening day were hurting my head.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger

x SF med
01-21-2009, 09:57

Recorded crickets. And wasn't there an 18Z who kept complaining about the lights being too bright?

Glad HH6 sent cookies for the crew.

Team Sergeant
01-21-2009, 10:05
Recorded crickets. And wasn't there an 18Z who kept complaining about the lights being too bright?

18Z don't complain, we advise.

The lights may have bothered me but I didn't have a problem with reading and imputing my correct "date of departure" when I made my flight plans.......:rolleyes:

"Attention to detail" Got some?;)

Tuukka
01-21-2009, 11:19
Great seeing many of the folks again!

It appears Mr. Reeve is a fan of Finnish motor racing and now drives at perilous speeds in winter to his cabin in the woods :D

Bill Harsey
01-21-2009, 14:25
Great seeing many of the folks again!

It appears Mr. Reeve is a fan of Finnish motor racing and now drives at perilous speeds in winter to his cabin in the woods :D

Tuuka,
Nice seeing you again also.

This "perilous speeds" thing is not new to Mr. Reeve. ;)

PR31C
02-18-2009, 10:52
Video highlights from the good folks at FHN. Multiple videos including past shows.

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/