PDA

View Full Version : Somali Pirates Call on American Benefactor

Sweetbriar
11-27-2008, 03:15
I don't know what to think of this, but it seems interesting. If it doesn't quite work, we'll be seeing the movie during the next election cycle.

Link (http://www.military.com/news/article/somali-pirates-call-on-american-benefactor.html)

"The pirates who captured the Saudi oil tanker Sirius Star have broken off negotiations with the ship's owners, apparently insisting they want to talk with a wealthy Virginia woman with close ties to the US military and intelligence communities.

Michele Lynn Ballarin runs a small Virginia-based company, SelectArmor, that designs and makes body armor and provides executive protection to wealthy individuals. She has a long history of involvement in Somalia, including allegations by a respected publication -- Africa Confidential -- that she was helping plan military operations there in 2006."

JJ_BPK
11-27-2008, 04:09
I'll call this bet,, just to see what happens..

The military.com article has a whiff of something strange about it..

Ms. Michele Lynn Ballarin (aka: Michele Golden-Ballarin) and SelectArmor deserve watching..

The sign seen on some of the pirated ships,, "Amira".

Is Ms Ballarin's knick name?????

She also runs Cambridge Wealth Management Ltd. (aka Cambridge Asset Management), a horse training and breeding business, and offers her services in the Middleburg, VA area as a real estate agent.

www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Michele_Ballarin

Remington Raidr
11-27-2008, 05:40
I blame Bush and the bad economy. She's just doin' what she has to do to get by.:p

JJ_BPK
11-27-2008, 06:07
I blame Bush and the bad economy. She's just doin' what she has to do to get by.:p

The world wants to know??

1) explain how are Somali pirates Bush's fault

2) explain "She's just doin' what she has to do to get by"

Excuse me if my serotonin levels are a little low, but I perceive your statement to be a bit inflammatory.

Surgicalcric
11-27-2008, 06:20
Based on his posting history I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic JJ...

Crip

Pete
11-27-2008, 06:53
... explain how are Somali pirates Bush's fault ....

Hey JJ;

Got to agree with SC. "Bush's fault" has been used by the left to cover anything bad that happens.

"Doing what you have to to get by" is similar. The thug got a gun and robbed a couple, shooting and killing the man. It's not his fault - Bush cut funding for everything - caused the weather to be bad - sold the man's good job he was going to get to china - took what little money he had and gave it to Haliburton and gave him the gun. The man was just doing what he could to get by - Bush's Fault.":D

JJ_BPK
11-27-2008, 07:00
Hey JJ;

Got to agree with SC. "Bush's fault" has been used by the left to cover anything bad that happens.

"Doing what you have to to get by" is similar. The thug got a gun and robbed a couple, shooting and killing the man. It's not his fault - Bush cut funding for everything - caused the weather to be bad - sold the man's good job he was going to get to china - took what little money he had and gave it to Haliburton and gave him the gun. The man was just doing what he could to get by - Bush's Fault.":D

OK,, Guess the coffee kick in early,, I've been reading about Mumbia since 4:30..

Remington Raidr
11-27-2008, 07:55
Based on his posting history I am pretty sure he was being sarcastic JJ...

Crip

Thanks Doc.

Red Flag 1
12-04-2008, 17:42
This gal has quite a lot of international involvement, as JJ pointed out.

Select Armor has US offices in VA, and CA. International offices in: UAE, Salzburg, and Bagdad. She also owns a "botique investment bank" called Cambridge Wealth Mgmt. LTD. This is according to sourcewatch.

www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Select_Armor%2C_Inc.

I wonder if she has any US Military contracts?

My $.02

RF 1

DanUCSB
12-04-2008, 18:11
I have to say, when I read the title of this thread, the very first thing to pop into my head was, 'What, George Soros?'

rubberneck
12-04-2008, 20:05
I have to say, when I read the title of this thread, the very first thing to pop into my head was, 'What, George Soros?'

and mine was Bill Ayers.

Vic
12-05-2008, 13:53
I think TR’s solution would work fine, and very thoroughly, but it has not yet happened and might not ever. Maybe one problem is that no flag nation allows its vessels the opportunity to arm its crew. And the cost of armed contractors is prohibitive to most bottom-line-minded companies. The government of India is very restrictive in allowing guns to its citizens and even police, and maybe the recent tragedy there could have been ended more quickly and with less loss of life if more freedom existed there. The liability issues is a good point too, it seems that everything is way too complicated for the development of a viable solution to form. Perhaps this battle will not be fought on the high seas, but between the binds of thousand page documents.

Red Flag 1
12-05-2008, 14:22
Vic

A bit out of my lane, but I have to wonder if you saw the advice from TR and RL yesterday?

:munchin

Back to my lane.

RF 1