PDA

View Full Version : SFQC Length

Swank
11-17-2008, 12:55
Guys,

I used the search engine and couldn't find the answer to this question.

I've got a couple of contractors out here in the box who are looking at getting back in uniform and heading to selection and the Q. They are qualitiy guys and I can't wait to have them in the regiment.

I've been able to answer all their questions except one: How long can they expect to be at Ft Bragg for the Q (non 18D)? I know there have been some changes of late, and I don't know what they are.

The Reaper
11-17-2008, 13:03
Same place as always.

http://news.soc.mil/factsheets/USAJFKSWCS_SFPipeline.pdf

Alternately, a recruiter could tell them exactly how long, or they could look it up on ATARS.

TR

Swank
11-17-2008, 13:16
Perfect, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

As for the recruiter, these are my boys and I'm going to hold their hand till they get on the bus. :)

May as well close this thread, I don't think there could possibly be a better answer out there.

sjtrack31
02-26-2015, 14:46
I know this is an old thread, but I was having a debate with my Dad. For some reason I am under the assumption that SFQC was a lot shorter in 1989 when he was going through. Can anyone on here who went through back in the 80's tell me how long the course was back then?

Thanks

The Reaper
02-26-2015, 15:03
I know this is an old thread, but I was having a debate with my Dad. For some reason I am under the assumption that SFQC was a lot shorter in 1989 when he was going through. Can anyone on here who went through back in the 80's tell me how long the course was back then?

Thanks

The SFQC itself is the same length, more or less.

IIRC, for 18As, Bs, and Cs, it was around six months long. Ds and Es were longer.

The 18Es no longer get the IMC training, and the Ds are still in the long course.

The language training and SERE was added to the pipeline rather than expecting the guys to learn it after arriving on a Team. Depending on the language, the total pipeline (after arriving for the SFQC) is currently somewhere between eight and sixteen months, depending on the MOS.

IIRC, the current pipeline length is on one of the SWCS or Recruiting websites linked in the stickies.

Hope that helps.

TR