PDA

View Full Version : Col. Peter F. Mohan

American_Pinoy
11-12-2008, 23:19
While I did not know Col. Mohan I did have the Honor to serve with his son Peter Mohan jr. His son, my old roommate, served with B. Co. 2-505 PIR during OEF, OIF and again in OIF with the National Guard. Peter always spoke highly of his father and after doing a little research of my own I found the following:

BRONZE STAR FOR HEROISM
1LT Peter F. Mohan, Co A, 2d Bn, 22d Inf

Col. Mohan was also a lifetime member of the National Infantry Association.

God has requested the presence of Col. Peter F. Mohan, Retired, age 63 of Helena, an old soldier, to return home on November 3, 2008. Peter was born on January 31, 1945 to Peter P. and Cornia R. Canonica Mohan, who both preceded him in death. Also preceding him in death and waiting with open arms are his grandparents, aunts, uncles and a brother in law.
Pete has passed on to another life leaving behind a long list of accomplishments. He loved life, but stated that his two sons, Pete (Philip) and Christopher Mohan were his greatest joy and achievements and was very proud of the men they became. He has always thanked his ex-wife, Elaine for the gift of his sons. He also leaves behind his sister, Margaret (Peg) Abernathy and family of Issaquah, Washington, brother and sister in law, Patrick J. (Judy) Mohan of Butte and relatives and friends too many to mention, but who are not forgotten.
Pete was an incredibly generous person, and he brought enthusiasm and professionalism to all his responsibilities. Pete’s last request would be to give your time and energy to God, Country and charity of choice. Let us not forget to visit our local drinking establishments and raise a toast to Pete and all the joy he brought to our lives. A Memorial Service celebrating Pete’s life will be held at 2:00 p.m. Friday, November 7, 2008 at St. Paul’s Methodist Church. Services are under the direction of Retz Funeral Home. To offer a condolence or to share a memory of Pete, please visit www.MeM.com

God Speed to Peter and his family. I can not imagine how difficult it is for Peter right now.

Manny

JJ_BPK
11-13-2008, 05:25
RIP Col Mohan..

Red Flag 1
11-13-2008, 06:50
Rest in Peace Col.!

Rogue
11-13-2008, 06:58
RIP

greenberetTFS
11-13-2008, 12:06