PDA

View Full Version : PDA Software

Sacamuelas
01-27-2004, 08:26
A link that provides PDA software "sharing" for military personnel.

There is a fresh link to receive a FREE PDA version of the SF Medic Handbook currently on this site. You must join apply for membership before you can get to the forum.

I am a member, and it seems to be a very good site for PDA users. It also has a lot of good links for free pharmacology and general medical info.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Operational_PDAs/

Surgicalcric
01-27-2004, 09:36
What do you guys have? I am in the market for a new one.

I had a Palm OS, but I sat on it recently and it dont go "blink-blink" no more.

Editted to Add: Any specific ones to stay away from would also be apreciated.

JD

NousDefionsDoc
01-27-2004, 09:38
Palm Tungsten T

Sacamuelas
01-27-2004, 10:06
palm zire 71

Just getting into it. It is my wife's hand-me down.

Eagle5US
01-27-2004, 10:48
Clie TG50...love it

The Eagle

Only drawback with the SF medic handbook is you need to buy iSilo for it to work...well worth it though :D

The Eagle

NousDefionsDoc
01-27-2004, 12:04
Anybody using PatientKeeper? I like the program, just can't find any patients to put in it.

Sacamuelas
01-27-2004, 13:57
Eagle(or anyone who knows) :

There are two programs available on the site called:

1. iSilo Palm OS document reader
2. iSiloweb
Available for download free also.

Are these what you are referring to in your post? I ask because I have not gotten into the PDA craze yet. I will download the necessary programs prn.
Thanks

NousDefionsDoc
01-27-2004, 14:41
I think you need the document reader for the book. ISilo Web is to see web pages. It says in there somewhere in the production description.

Eagle5US
01-29-2004, 15:14
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
Eagle(or anyone who knows) :

There are two programs available on the site called:

1. iSilo Palm OS document reader
2. iSiloweb
Available for download free also.

Are these what you are referring to in your post? I ask because I have not gotten into the PDA craze yet. I will download the necessary programs prn.
Thanks
Yep...need the iSilo document reader...and it is free...for 30 days :(
One of the big reasons I stay with the Palm OS is because of all the freeware that is available.
Take a looky at freewarepalm.com for some examples...

The Eagle

longrange1947
01-29-2004, 21:15
Not to butt into you guys realm, been a while since I was a medic, but the medics will be issued a Palm here shortly. they are deciding which they will buy. We are looking at isseing one to our students that they will keep after they leave. USASOC has a list of three approved. Will check on which ones if you guys are interested.

Surgicalcric
01-29-2004, 21:19
Interested here.

Thanks

JD

Eagle5US
01-30-2004, 11:19
Originally posted by longrange1947
Not to butt into you guys realm, been a while since I was a medic, but the medics will be issued a Palm here shortly. they are deciding which they will buy. We are looking at isseing one to our students that they will keep after they leave. USASOC has a list of three approved. Will check on which ones if you guys are interested.
They gonna grandfather us one of thse bad boys...PLEEEEEEASSSSSSEEEE :confused:

PA

longrange1947
01-30-2004, 12:53
Actually thy are still looking in to it and the list is more then three. The three that i know about is the Palm Tungsten/E and /M as well as the Sony.

WE are playing with the Tungsten/E right now but will look at the /m next. Some like the Sony (forgot the model designation).

Will they be grandfathered? Unless theere is a change, nope. Sorry.

NousDefionsDoc
01-30-2004, 20:53
Case of beer says its a Compaq or some other with that OS.

longrange1947
01-31-2004, 08:16
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Case of beer says its a Compaq or some other with that OS.

You lose! Compaq is not even being considered, HOWEVER, there are some being considered that are not compatatble with some of our software.

Does this not sound like the Compaq deal though?

OK, you only half lose! :D

NousDefionsDoc
01-31-2004, 08:36
Originally posted by longrange1947
You lose! Compaq is not even being considered, HOWEVER, there are some being considered that are not compatatble with some of our software.

Does this not sound like the Compaq deal though?

OK, you only half lose! :D

What I mean is it will run the Pocket PC OS. For some reason the military seems to think Pocket OC OS is the only one that can be secured. I would definitely go with Palm - its almost GI proof.

NousDefionsDoc
01-31-2004, 10:02
Mornin' Ma'am

longrange1947
01-31-2004, 12:19
Yes, that is what I was refering to when I stated they were looking at one that did not support our software.

OK, 3/4s correct. :D

Never give in completely!!!