PDA

View Full Version : 2012

AngelsSix
11-07-2008, 20:07
Who has heard of the 2012 thing?? I have been hearing alot about it lately, there was even a whole show dedicated to discussion of the Mayan calendar and the prediction of the end of times.

Any thoughts?

Puertoland
11-07-2008, 20:26
Well I'm not sure about the Mayan calendar, but I do know about the Christian Bible and what is said in revelations.

They say the Anti-Christ will come as a very smooth man, with an answer to all a nation's problems, there will be two good years, followed by two bad. (For the hell of it lets say its Obama, four years from now it would be 2012.)

People would worship him, and little by little would surrender everything to him. Everyone would love the beast, and eventually there would be one huge system that governs everything. Starting with currency. (Lets just say something similar to the European Union, but on a global scale. This could fix a lot of the economy issues and earn the beast a lot of supporters left in awe)

The bad two years would be persecution of any who disagreed with him, tortures and such, imprisonment, followed by beheading. Christians (and all people with religion I presume, along with any who doubt the sovereign nature of the leader) would be attacked.

That time is called the Tribulation, they say the mark of the beast could be UPC. In Revelations it is stated that people cannot even purchase food and supplies without that Mark (most places will not sell an item without a UPC).

End of days is supposed to happen somewhere in that year. Last people to make it to heaven are those that refused the Mark through torture and all that. In the end everyone in hell and Earth is thrown into a big abyss.

Of course, we'd have to count on the Mayans being right on their calendar, and Obama being the anti-christ for this all to happen.

I personally think 2012 will just be another year :lifter.

nmap
11-07-2008, 20:32
I've heard of it. There are various places on the Internet that try to connect that concept with assorted other predictions - ranging from Hopi visions to Nostradamus. I can't say I place any stock in it.

Now if one wants an honest-to-gosh end-times scenario, take a look at the following: LINK (http://www.dieoff.org/page80.htm)

Then, read a copy of: Overshoot: The Ecological Basis of Revolutionary Change (Paperback) by William R. Catton

And then, perhaps the chapter about Easter Island in Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed (Paperback) by Jared Diamond

Oddly enough, some of the trends in the above could develop (emphasis on could - I am not in the prophecy business) into an end of life as we know it scenario. Depending on some variables, such events might occur within a few decades of the 2012 date.

C0B2A
11-07-2008, 20:41
Well I'm not sure about the Mayan calendar, but I do know about the Christian Bible and what is said in revelations.

They say the Anti-Christ will come as a very smooth man, with an answer to all a nation's problems, there will be two good years, followed by two bad. (For the hell of it lets say its Obama, four years from now it would be 2012.)

People would worship him, and little by little would surrender everything to him. Everyone would love the beast, and eventually there would be one huge system that governs everything. Starting with currency. (Lets just say something similar to the European Union, but on a global scale. This could fix a lot of the economy issues and earn the beast a lot of supporters left in awe)

The bad two years would be persecution of any who disagreed with him, tortures and such, imprisonment, followed by beheading. Christians (and all people with religion I presume, along with any who doubt the sovereign nature of the leader) would be attacked.

That time is called the Tribulation, they say the mark of the beast could be UPC. In Revelations it is stated that people cannot even purchase food and supplies without that Mark (most places will not sell an item without a UPC).

End of days is supposed to happen somewhere in that year. Last people to make it to heaven are those that refused the Mark through torture and all that. In the end everyone in hell and Earth is thrown into a big abyss.

Of course, we'd have to count on the Mayans being right on their calendar, and Obama being the anti-christ for this all to happen.

I personally think 2012 will just be another year :lifter.

What verse in revelations is this description in? I remember reading it before but flipping through my Bible I can't seem to find it.

Team Sergeant
11-07-2008, 20:43
Who has heard of the 2012 thing?? I have been hearing alot about it lately, there was even a whole show dedicated to discussion of the Mayan calendar and the prediction of the end of times.

Any thoughts?

AS, you're scaring me.....:rolleyes:

TS

Team Sergeant
11-07-2008, 20:44
What verse in revelations is this description in? I remember reading it before but flipping through my Bible I can't seem to find it.

This thread is closed..... this is not worth discussion or bandwidth.

Team Sergeant