PDA

View Full Version : The Democratic Party's insurgency

Roguish Lawyer
11-05-2008, 13:15
I understand that my use of the term "insurgency" here may be technically incorrect, but I think it would be interesting to discuss how the Left seized power yesterday.

It began in the Sixties with the hippies and anti-war radicals. A large number of these people went into academia, the media, and the law and entertainment fields. Radical doctrines gradually gained acceptance in the schools and the media, to the point where "diversity" and moral relativism have become a moral imperatives which are taught to children and promoted in the media. At the same time, the Left gained the ability to raise large amounts of campaign money from trial lawyers, the entertainment industry and others.

Yesterday, we saw huge numbers of voters choose Obama because they wanted to have a black President. Who opposed the War on Terror because they think war always is bad. And who believe that there is an international community which somehow is more important than our own national interests.

I believe that it will not be possible peaceably to remove the Left from power without addressing its control of the schools, and to a lesser extent the media. "American values" have been largely destroyed, and it is now politically incorrect even to talk about them or challenge the views of people who want radical change. There are only a few organizations like the Federalist Society and Accuracy in Media working against the Left in these critical areas.

Thoughts?

echoes
11-05-2008, 14:02
I believe that it will not be possible peaceably to remove the Left from power without addressing its control of the schools, and to a lesser extent the media. "American values" have been largely destroyed, and it is now politically incorrect even to talk about them or challenge the views of people who want radical change. There are only a few organizations like the Federalist Society and Accuracy in Media working against the Left in these critical areas.Thoughts?

Thank You for posting this RL!
This synopsis is brilliant, IMVHO. It is as if a crystal ball were in your possesion, as these predicitons are upon us all.

Holly:munchin

Red Flag 1
11-05-2008, 14:34
RL,

Nice avitar.

Huge topic to be sure. Academia really decides what we learn. As you pointed out, the faculty reflects the 60's ideas and values in many places. I would like to hear Richard's take on academia today. The media is also a huge player.

Media influence in the 60's was a new, and often bitter pill to swallow. I recall Cronkite saying we lost in SE Asia, LBJ was sure he lost America with Sir Walter's help. It seems the media has just packed on power for it's own agenda; whatever that agenda may be. It does seem that the media agenda since Gore lost, has been to chose and get a democrat elected POTUS. Kerry was a failure of the media to get their boy elected. They got it right this time with BHO. Despite all the failed choices he made, clear lack of experience, dangerous close friends, and well....the list just goes on and on. Still, the media propelled BHO into office. I believe BHO will turn the press into a stronger arm of the democratic party....hell the job is 75% in the bag today.

On another point, The RNC has failed to support. McCain lost the race, I don't think the RNC had a horse in this one. My Dad , a Republican, ran for office in the early 60's he was elected, and held elected office for over twenty years. He was asked to run a state campagin for a senate seat. Great perks, the candidate won, my Dad stepped well away. He learned that there was no party. Compared to democratic party support for it's candidates, the RNC was invisable. It has been that for many years. Dad always supported his candidate, his experience was that supportinmg the RNC was hollow support. How many times did the RNC Chair make his support obvious for Sen. McCain? Who is the RNC Chair.? If the RNC had any clout, Bush's last term could have seen less termoil, IMHO. The Dem controlled Congress had worse numbers that the POTUS, and yet the Dems continue to win.

Media power to be sure. Lack of an effective RNC really made this a one horse race. Would have another Rep. candidate done better, who knows. Another Rep. candidate would have had the same media bias, and the same lack of RNC support.

BTW, the market is less than soaring today.

My $.02

RF 1

Slantwire
11-05-2008, 15:12
Reposting from another thread, since this one is more relevant:

This is the result of the left controlling the schools and media for the last 20 years. It will only get worse if we don't take them back, especially the schools.

It is time for some people with conservative political values to consider entering the educational field upon their retirement from their current occupations. Quite frankly, those of us with that worldview who are trying to get students to actually think, evaluate data, present a cogent argument, and keep an open mind are surrounded, cut-off, and in danger of being overrun.

I fully agree with you both. It's insufficient to raise our own families well. We lose to demographics that way. We need to bring back personal accountability, logical rigor and intellectual honesty in the general populace - sanity on elections and "the issues" will follow.

Most of the population comes up through the public school system. The NEA has a stranglehold there, and indoctrinates youth for a dozen years.

And when the kids leave the school building, media continues the assault.

Time for some UW within our own country. How do we counter an entrenched state-supported, union-run propaganda and indoctrination system? Teaching proper values at home does part of the job, but the school environment remains. Kids end up commuting between two different places with two different worldviews. They may choose one side (and become pariahs at the opposite location), or become herd-followers (conforming to the mass at each location) - which is really choosing one of the sides, in this case.

Edited to add:
“Of course, I’m optimistic. I’m a Ronald Reagan optimist. But there’s a big job to do, and a lot of it is in the public schools, because so many people have been taught the wrong things about America and about politics and about what’s important in life and how things are done in the American constitutional system. I think we’re going to have to rebuild from the grassroots up.”
Phyllis Schlafly

Slantwire
11-05-2008, 15:41
To counter the enemy, study the enemy's tactics.

Look at the Education departments in colleges and universities. Look at the courses, and the books used in those courses.

The leftists indoctrinate the teachers and college students, who in turn indoctrinate the children.

Yes, that is exactly the tactic. But what do we DO to counter?

To change the indoctrination of public school students, we need to change the public school teachers. As you say, they are indoctrinated in education programs in college. So many leftists got into academia for the draft exemption during Vietnam, and they've been training their replacements ever since - creating a self-perpetuating cycle. How can we break it? How do we force genuine openmindedness and rational, critical thought back into the education system?

Also, once the education students leave college and enter the public school system, there is the NEA and entrenched teacher hierarchy. How do we crack that open?

How does one counter it? Knowledge, first. Then let elected officials know what tax money is being spent on.

The currently elected officials are the symptom that have led us to discuss this root cause - they've been elected thanks to this system. I don't think we can rely on elected authority to fix this.

By the way...ACORN and other such organizations make no secret of their methods and tactics. Could one learn those approaches and modify them?

Massive voter fraud? I think that runs counter to the general ethical attitude we want to restore. Unless you mean something else, in which case I'll admit I need you to elaborate.

They can't help it, they are Dims.

2010 will be a bloodbath for them as voters see who they really are.

Unless they can get money in the pockets of 51% of the population. If that happens, we are all done for.

This is exactly the reason this battle must be fought. The far left has built an education system that reinforces itself and creates herd animals. Meanwhile, it has built a political system to take advantage of those herd animals. If final comment I quoted from TR comes to pass, their political system will also be self-reinforcing.

I hate tin-foil hats. Reading my own posts, I fear I may be sizing myself for one. But even so, I can't see a more reasonable interpretation.

Roguish Lawyer
11-10-2008, 20:27
Is posting in this thread considered a violation of the Posse Comitatus statute or something? C'mon, at least those of you who are out can share some wisdom, can't you? :munchin

Conrad Y
11-20-2008, 08:13
Horace Mann and the NEA (National Education Association) have communist roots from the begining. Try this for a start: http://www.scribd.com/doc/4611251/NEA-Trojan-Horse-in-American-EducationSamuel-Blumenfeld1984307pgsEDU-sml

I did a paper in collage about Karl Marx and the foundation of the American Public Education system showing a rabbit-hole connection into the new-age movement, Madam Elena Blavatsky, NAZIism, Progressivism and infiltration in to the DNC.

Conclusion: Leading America into Global Communism is the aim. This has been in the works for a long time.

Just spend some time Googling and a noose to hang yourself after.

Richard
11-20-2008, 08:28
Well...they had a lot of help from the fourth estate.

Watch the videos. Amazing! Check out the results of the Zogby poll he commissioned.

http://www.howobamagotelected.com/ .

You cannot criticize Jesus; he sits at the right-hand of God. Likewise, you cannot criticize BHO; he is making Jesus move over so that he can take Jesus’ place. THAT is the media view. In the past, the media used to investigate then report on where the investigation led, leaving opinions for the editorial pages where they properly belonged. Today, the media is little better than the National Enquirer, reporting as fact matters of opinion. And an ill-educated populace just eats it right up.

I can always tell when I’ve hit a sensitive nerve. If I bring up information counter to someone’s opinion, rather than respond with fact to counter the argument, they resort to name calling: get with the program, join the team, you don’t understand my vision, etc. Statements like these conveniently skirt the objection without addressing it. BHO is a master of this type of talk.

Perhaps Orwell had it right oh so many years ago: “He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future.”

Mention this and most folks give you that “deer in the headlights” response. Truly lamentable. :(

Richard's $.02 :munchin

19D-CavScout
11-20-2008, 13:55
What is needed most at this point is a leader that can actually LEAD, and some beginnings of an organization to lead. I personally would like to see a return to the core values that our country was founded on, but I honestly do not think this will happen in a bloodless manner, and I am worried about who's blood will get shed in this.
Sounds a little revolutionary, to actually say that, but the sad truth is that it will take that kind of direct action to establish change in a fast manner, UNLESS the tables are turned on the Dems by adopting some of their tactics and change things from within, over time, and create a shift in thought.
Something like this will require a large, outside influence, and I was honestly hoping that 9/11 would have been enough to get people to wake up and smell the coffee, but it would appear that it will take something more then what happened after Pearl Harbor. Truly makes you wonder how many lives will be ruined before the rest of the country takes the blinders off?

Sorry, not trying to sound like a whacko, just really bothers me the way the country has been going, and I am not sure what to do to help change things other than vote (which I did, for McCain), but it doesn't appear that is enough anymore, so hoping someone out there has an idea on what to do so I can get onboard and follow suit.

TOMAHAWK9521
11-20-2008, 22:32
I heard Schwartzenegger say on Fox News that the only way for the GOP to get back into the game is to dump most of their core (conservative) tenets and give the people want they want by spending money on social programs. I used to like that guy. Now, he's nuttier than a sh*t-house rat! I guess if a Kennedy gives you enough hummers then your bound to lose your mind do a 180 sooner or later.

Sigaba
11-20-2008, 22:47
I heard Schwartzenegger say on Fox News that the only way for the GOP to get back into the game is to dump most of their core (conservative) tenets and give the people want they want by spending money on social programs. I used to like that guy. Now, he's nuttier than a sh*t-house rat! I guess if a Kennedy gives you enough hummers then your bound to lose your mind do a 180 sooner or later.

Sir--

Gov. Schwarzenegger has a reputation for being a practical joker. Is there any chance he was pulling someone's leg with these comments?