PDA

View Full Version : AFG: The War Briefing

Warrior-Mentor
11-03-2008, 07:45
"The next president of the United States will inherit a foreign policy nightmare: wars on two fronts, an overstretched military, a resurgent Taliban and a reconstituted Al Qaeda based far from America's reach.

"In The War Briefing, award-winning FRONTLINE producer Marcela Gaviria and correspondent Martin Smith offer harrowing on-the-ground reporting from the deadliest battlefield in the mountains of Afghanistan, and follow the trail to the militant safe havens deep inside the Pakistani tribal areas, probing some of the most urgent foreign policy challenges facing the next president. "

Watch it here:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warbriefing/view/

RT AXE 10
11-03-2008, 08:33
[QUOTE=Warrior-Mentor;233190]"The next president of the United States will inherit a foreign policy nightmare: wars on two fronts, an overstretched military, a resurgent Taliban and a reconstituted Al Qaeda based far from America's reach.

True. For America, It's a self inflicted wound... We must climb that ladder, but with both legs tied together and one arm carrying a five gallon water container... Thanks to politics.

Axe,
Make it tough for the enemey to get in and you can't get out.(Murphy's Law)

Richard
11-03-2008, 09:15
... We must climb that ladder, but with both legs tied together and one arm carrying a five gallon water container...

Sounds like one of the stations on a "Leadership Reaction Course" to me. :D:D

Richard's $.02 :munchin

RT AXE 10
11-03-2008, 09:28
Sounds like one of the stations on a "Leadership Reaction Course" to me. :D:D

Richard's $.02 :munchin

LOL... Darn sure does!....OK, lets change it to a rope ladder with missing rungs...:D

Axe,
Here today, gone tomorrow...

SF_BHT
11-03-2008, 09:32
WM

Thanks for the link. Enjoyed the PBS show. Do not get them down here.

bailaviborita
11-28-2008, 11:12
My wife watched the pres-elect on Barbara Walters and she told me that he basically said we needed to pull all our troops out of Iraq and put them into Afghanistan because we didn't have enough to go on the offensive- instead we've been on the defensive. With his support to going into Pakistan I am a little concerned with his seemingly naive idea for success in A-stan related to getting enough troops to "go on the offensive" against the insurgents there and doing more unilateral strikes into a soveriegn nation that has a shaky grip on power in a country with many fundamentalists and nuclear weapons. I thought the idea in COIN was to build local capacity to do the job (by, with, through) as opposed to flooding an area with tons of conventional types and "going on the offensive". I wonder what Gates thought of the interview- if he's staying.