PDA

View Full Version : Filling out duty station request form and want to go SF later

Crispy129
10-29-2008, 14:35
I'm currently an Army ROTC cadet and will be commissioning in the spring. I want to put in my selections packet when I'm a 1LT promotable/CPT or whatever rank I can turn it in. I just found out I got branched infantry, which is a good start, and now I have to fill out my duty station and additional training request form.

I talked with a friend of mine who was SF for a few years but isn't in the Army any more, and he told me some of the things I can do to prepare are getting a duty station with an SF unit stationed there, try to get a LRP unit above company level as soon as possible, and take care of my feet. Right now I'm requesting Ranger School (being an infantry PL, that's a given), Sniper Emplacement Leaders Course, Reconnaissance and Surveillance Leaders Course, Sapper, and combatives.

What are some good duty stations that I should request? What additional training should I request that may be helpful if I would like to eventually go SF?

Thanks for the help,
Crispy

The Reaper
10-29-2008, 14:41
Cadet:

You better reread your registration message and comply before asking any more questions. You are making ROTC cadets look bad.

SF is a long way in your future, if at all, and you seem to be lacking a lot in the attention to detail department.

You might want to read the rules and stickies and learn to use the Search button before starting any more threads.

Believe it or not, you are not the first person to consider a career in SF and to ask questions about it here.

Good luck.

TR

jsragman
10-29-2008, 20:33
TR hit it on the head.

But for all the Cadets out there - Branching is a crapshoot, and it doesn't matter what you list for schools. If you deserve it you'll get it. Just be ready.

-Derek