PDA

View Full Version : Unit Awards

Electron
10-29-2008, 05:09
Did 7th SFG(A) receive any unit award(s) for Operation Just Cause (1989-1990) or Operation Promote Liberty (1990) such as a Superior Unit Award, or JMUA or anything like that? I have tried unsuccessfully to find any reference to it in the HRC website.

Psywar1-0
11-03-2008, 09:03
Dont know about OJC, but there were a number of JUMA's and a ASUA awarded for SOCSOUTH/C Co during the early to mid 90's

SF_BHT
11-03-2008, 09:13
Did 7th SFG(A) receive any unit award(s) for Operation Just Cause (1989-1990) or Operation Promote Liberty (1990) such as a Superior Unit Award, or JMUA or anything like that? I have tried unsuccessfully to find any reference to it in the HRC website.

Check with any HQ 1SG of SGM in 7th. The have a listing of all unit awards authorized.

Richard
11-03-2008, 10:02

You can go here and find the listing for any US Army unit's authorized unit awards.

https://www.hrc.army.mil/SITE/Active/TAGD/awards/Unit_Awards/EXCEL_of_Approved_Unit_Awards.xls

Good hunting!

Richard :munchin

PS - I also sent a message to the CMH staff as their on-line listings only include the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 10th SFGs.

abc_123
11-03-2008, 11:19
Good link. Thanks! :lifter

I remember searching for that info some time ago without success until distracted by some other bright shiney object.

Richard
11-12-2008, 13:16
I sent a request to the USACMH for the 7th SFGs updated Lineage and Honors. Below are the responses to my query; I will forward the info as I receive it. I got a good chuckle out of the responses--it's been a while since I've encountered that level of bureaucratic 'buck passing.' ;)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Dear Mr. Hayse,

We will forward your inquiry to our force management branch. Someone in
that branch should be able to assist you.

Sincerely,

Gary

Dr. Gary A. Trogdon
Chief, Public Inquiries Section
U.S. Army Center of Military History
103 Third Ave, Collins Hall
Fort McNair, D.C. 20319-5058

I'm forwarding a copy of your request to Mr. Frechette who is
responsible for SF and other lineages. Please be advised that he is
working on a number of other projects and may not be able to immediately
respond.

The other SF GP lineages may be posted (and not the 7th's) because I
believe that the last official lineage for the 7th SF GP was prepared in
the 1980s, and another may not have been requested by the unit since
that time. As indicated on the website, our current policy only posts
new lineage information to CMH ONLINE after new Lineage and Honors
Certificates have been provided to the requesting unit commanders.

FYI: Current GWOT campaign credits are being determined by the Army and
it will be a while before those are settled. I'm pretty sure that some
elements the 7th SF GRP have earned GWOT honors, but these may not be
included on the lineage depending on who and how they are cited.

I hope this information will be of assistance.

Stephen E. Everett
FORCE STRUCTURE AND UNIT HISTORY BRANCH
U.S. ARMY CENTER OF MILITARY HISTORY (AAMH-FPO)

RB
11-12-2008, 14:52
I sent a request to the USACMH for the 7th SFGs updated Lineage and Honors. Below are the responses to my query; I will forward the info as I receive it. I got a good chuckle out of the responses--it's been a while since I've encountered that level of bureaucratic 'buck passing.' ;)

Richard's $.02 :munchin

I hope this information will be of assistance.

Stephen E. Everett
FORCE STRUCTURE AND UNIT HISTORY BRANCH
U.S. ARMY CENTER OF MILITARY HISTORY (AAMH-FPO)[/I]

Ummmm....yup... you assisted me in letting me know who not to write to....geeez....

Aren't there some older 7th Grp SGM's on here or at Bragg that can help?? I'd think the JC 7th guys would know what they're authorized for wear and would have copies of orders in their 201's.

Stras
04-17-2009, 13:48
Electron,

Were you successfull in your search?

If not, see me at the puzzle palace. I have a hard copy of the unit awards by unit. Note: this document is about 2 inches thick.

Stras

Max_Tab
04-19-2009, 18:57
Electron,

Were you successfull in your search?

If not, see me at the puzzle palace. I have a hard copy of the unit awards by unit. Note: this document is about 2 inches thick.

Stras

Remember when Pacman, submitted the Company for some type of Unit award, and got the Maj in trouble. Whatever happened with that?

Stras
04-19-2009, 19:01
Remember when Pacman, submitted the Company for some type of Unit award, and got the Maj in trouble. Whatever happened with that?

It was kicked back to be re-written. I'm not sure if it ever was resubmitted or approved. I haven't seen it in the Unit Awards listings that I have. The usual turn around for a Unit Award is about 5 years from submission to final approval notification back to the unit. At least, that's what I've seen for the Pre 9-11 awards.

Max_Tab
04-20-2009, 15:14
About all I remember about it, was Group said no. So he submitted it to the SOCEUR Cdr. Pissed off a helluva lot of people.

I thought it was funny.