PDA

View Full Version : Indirect approach is favored in the war on terror

BMT (RIP)
10-13-2008, 19:09
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-specialops13-2008oct13,0,7125226.story?page=1

From the LA Times.

:munchin

BMT

Richard
10-13-2008, 19:16
The U.S.' elite armed forces are still carrying out operations, but they're also using a new tactic: teaching military allies how to fight for themselves.LA Times

NEW??? :confused: I'm still cracking up over this one...while trying to remember just how many MTTs I was a part of during my time in SF. :D Obviously, the memory of this nation is much shorter than the length of my...ummmm...ahhhh...you know...FID/IDAD...whatever. :p

Richard's $.02 :munchin

Box
10-13-2008, 19:21
I hear that there are some experts in DC who think that we could even perform in some sort of advisory role after the idea is ran through a couple of focus groups.

If this works out the US could develop some type of special force to train and advise other armies....

I think the LA times in on to something.

Richard
10-13-2008, 19:25
But what does RAND have to say about all that? :confused: :D :D

Richard :munchin

SF_BHT
10-13-2008, 22:20
Is it just the LA Times or SOCOM. I am now trying to figure out what we were doing all those years down range.......hummmmmmmmm:confused:

Box
10-13-2008, 22:23
I am now trying to figure out what we were doing all those years down range......

Mostly just air-raiding villages and killing civilians...

I on the other hand was busy clinging to my guns and religion during most of that period.

bailaviborita
11-03-2008, 22:19
SOCOM is briefing about the switch- I've gotten it twice now. I guess prior to this year the kill/capture strategy was numero uno. Maybe Fridovich got them to realize k/c wouldn't win the "long war". Prior to Fridovich- were there any SF officers down in SOCOM? ;)