PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day ideas...wish list


Sacamuelas
06-02-2004, 09:24
My wife always asks me what I want for occasions like this, and I always tend to draw a blank at that moment.

So I thought that since we have a few weeks leading up to father's day... we could make a thorough wish list. Maybe list a few items on your list and the general price range of the item. Then I will be reminded of all the possibilities and be able to make a better choice.


I will start it off... items listed in order of my desire

Big items(WISH list):

1. A-F custom made by Mr. Harsey knife @ $400.00
2. Eotech 552 (AA version) sight for Ar15 @ $375.00

More likely to get from wife type items: LOL

1. IWB/OWB/Tuckable holster by FIST recommended by one of our most respected members on Aprof. @$80.00
http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/alladaptA.htm

2. Leatherman Wave @ $70.00

3. surefire LED light (someone give me a model #/price suggestion please)


What other things are on your list... not necessarily limitied to only one thing(s) you are going to get .. but also what you want. :munchin

QRQ 30
06-02-2004, 09:44
Want: new truck, new boat, tickets to Speed Week at Daytona.

Will get: Gas for the lawn mower, soap for the dis washer and/or bags for the vacuum.:D

Sacamuelas
06-02-2004, 09:48
LOL.....:D

Kyobanim
06-02-2004, 11:02
Want - Riding lawn mower, Radion 9800 Graphics Card, sex

Will get - another watch

The Reaper
06-02-2004, 11:04
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
My wife always asks me what I want for occasions like this, and I always tend to draw a blank at that moment.

So I thought that since we have a few weeks leading up to father's day... we could make a thorough wish list. Maybe list a few items on your list and the general price range of the item. Then I will be reminded of all the possibilities and be able to make a better choice.


I will start it off... items listed in order of my desire

Big items:

1. A-F custom made by Mr. Harsey knife @ $400.00
2. Eotech 552 (AA version) sight for Ar15 @ $375.00

More likely to get from wife items: LOL

1. IWB/OWB/Tuckable holster by FIST recommended by one of our most respected members on Aprof. @$80.00
http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/alladaptA.htm

2. Leatherman Wave @ $70.00

3. surefire LED light (someone give me a model #/price suggestion please)


What other things are on your list... not necessarily limitied to only one thing(s) you are going to get .. but also what you want. :munchin

Doc:

Wait on the Wave till the New Wave is out. It will be worth it.

Surefire lights run from the G2 Nitrolon at about $30 to the M12 at several hundred dollars. The factory is selling the old 6P direct for $56 or so right now. Personally, I would get an L1 with the White LED at a little over $100. Get spare batteries, down to $1.25 each in quantity.

Kramer holsters, I like the MSP in horsehide, and a belt to match, $100 and up.

Gift certificates to Gun Schools (Mid South or Thunder Ranch are the nearest ones to you, IIRC.)

A Chris Reeve Large Sebenza at $325 or so or on the lighter side, a Lone Wolf Knives Harsey Tactical Folder at $250, or for less yet, a Benchmade RSK Mk 1 Knife, about $100.

A Green Beret Knife, about $250.

High end outdoor watch like a Suunto or a Casio Pathfinder, about $150.

HSLD Nylon tactical gear from pretty much anytbody but Blackhawk or the bottom feeders. Try HSGI's suspenders, for example, about $30.

Tools, love that Sear's gift certificate, and the WIHA catalog!

Sharpeners, like the DMT sharpening stones, $15 and up, or the Spyderco Tri-Angle sharpener, $40.

Benchmade knife toolkit with assorted hex bits, $10 or so.

Nice set of compact binos.

A good GPS.

A nice set of sunglasses or shooting glasses, or even shot glasses.

If you are a long range shooter, either a Drag Bag $250, or a Hybrid Sniper Rifle Cover, $275 or so.

Wrong season, but the Issue SPEAR jacket is very nice, about $100.

Same with a nice Gore-Tex parka, about $125.

Good boots. Great deal on the new ICBs from Wellco, about $65.

Good socks, I like the Ingenius, about $10 per pair.

Nice tactical gloves like the Hatch Operator Shorty, $35.

A Nice survival kit like the Adventure Medical Kits POCKET SURVIVAL PAK, about $30.

A Photon III micro-light, about $15.

Some good books, or a gift certificate for some.

A good digital camera.

Cigars, preferably Cuban.

Fine Whiskey, like Booker's, Knob Creek, Blanton's, etc.

A new grill and some fine meat to sear.

An Eagle AIII pack, about $120.

A good micro-MP3 player, I like the iRiver FP-190TC or the like, about $150.

A Harley-Davidson motorcycle, preferably a Road King. Hey, you never know, it could happen, gotta slip that one in.

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head, not that I have been preparing my own list.

TR

Sacamuelas
06-02-2004, 11:26
Ahhh.. I knew I could count on TR for guidance. Thank you


Any other ideas... I had forgotten about needing the 1.5" leather carry belt for my latest bulletslinger holder. LOL

Keep em coming.. the wife likes options!!! (And well, I like to secretly order stuff throughout the year too):munchin

Jack Moroney (RIP)
06-02-2004, 13:37
While this may not hit some of you until you become a FOG like me, there is that feeling of helplessness to be able to influence the action where you know you have folks with whom you have served that are in harms way. So indulge this aging warrior who whose epithet, like others in command, was "the old man" to some of them, to wish for their successful mission accomplishment and safe return home. After all we were all part of the same "family" and the loss of any takes a little luster from sword we weilded in causes for which we fought.

Jack Moroney

Roguish Lawyer
06-02-2004, 13:39
Originally posted by The Reaper
Cigars, preferably Cuban.

I don't think Cubans are the best anymore, although there are some good ones. Personally, my choice is the Arturo Fuente Hemingway; I like it better than the Opus X.

I did recently acquire quite a few Cuban cigars without knowing I was doing so -- bought a cigar gift basket at a charity auction, then found out all of the cigars inside were Cuban! Pleasant surprise, although the ring sizes all are smaller than what I prefer.

Roguish Lawyer
06-02-2004, 13:40
Originally posted by Jack Moroney
While this may not hit some of you until you become a FOG like me, there is that feeling of helplessness to be able to influence the action where you know you have folks with whom you have served that are in harms way. So indulge this aging warrior who whose epithet, like others in command, was "the old man" to some of them, to wish for their successful mission accomplishment and safe return home. After all we were all part of the same "family" and the loss of any takes a little luster from sword we weilded in causes for which we fought.


Well said, sir. I join in your sentiments and wish the best to our troops.

pulque
06-02-2004, 13:41
Originally posted by Jack Moroney
While this may not hit some of you until you become a FOG like me, there is that feeling of helplessness to be able to influence the action where you know you have folks with whom you have served that are in harms way. So indulge this aging warrior who whose epithet, like others in command, was "the old man" to some of them, to wish for their successful mission accomplishment and safe return home. After all we were all part of the same "family" and the loss of any takes a little luster from sword we weilded in causes for which we fought.

Jack Moroney

I will do that.

Sacamuelas
06-03-2004, 14:09
Currently looking at the Surefire Aviator as a perfect versatile use light purchase...

Our thread in the prof. equipment on lights never really had any folow-up on the aviator. Any con's out there on this light? :munchin

Air.177
06-03-2004, 14:24
Besides the price, I have heard several customers complain of difficulties with the two stage tailcap switch. That being said, I also know of several folks who have had not one problem with the tailcap switch. Just some things I have heard while sitting behind our surefire counter.

Sacamuelas
06-03-2004, 14:27
thanks Air. :cool:

The Reaper
06-03-2004, 14:48
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
Currently looking at the Surefire Aviator as a perfect versatile use light purchase...

Our thread in the prof. equipment on lights never really had any folow-up on the aviator. Any con's out there on this light? :munchin

Expensive.

Incandescent primary bulb.

Bulky.

TR

Ambush Master
06-03-2004, 15:34
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
Currently looking at the Surefire Aviator as a perfect versatile use light purchase...

Our thread in the prof. equipment on lights never really had any folow-up on the aviator. Any con's out there on this light? :munchin

The Surefires are bright, but the Bulbs are about $12-$20 depending on where you find them and the Battery Life isn't very good eather, they suck them down fast. Try one of these, I got one at Academy Sports for about $20, and the batteries last a good while :
http://www.inovalight.com/site.html?X1-ov

Later
Martin

Roguish Lawyer
06-07-2004, 14:07
This is what I'm getting:

Solid
06-07-2004, 14:18
Is that a mobile electroshock therapy device?? Those shiny knobs look like something right out of Milgram's work...

:D

Solid

Air.177
06-07-2004, 14:30
A Gas Grill eh?

Whats the Matter RL, Can't light a charcoal fire?
Or do you prefer the Taste of Kuwaiti Petrol?

QRQ 30
06-07-2004, 14:39
Originally posted by Air.177
A Gas Grill eh?

Whats the Matter RL, Can't light a charcoal fire?
Or do you prefer the Taste of Kuwaiti Petrol? Actually, I'm with RL. You can add wood chips or other smoking ingredients to a propane grill but I hate the smell/taste of the lighter fluid they use to light charcoal, especially that of the self-lighting variety.

I wish you luck R.L.:cool:

Air.177
06-07-2004, 14:45
I usually use Newspaper to Light standard charcoal, and As long as it is properly started, I don't have any problems with cooking over charcoal.

But, To each his own.

Air.177
06-07-2004, 14:47
That is a good looking setup though, Hope you enjoy it.

Roguish Lawyer
06-07-2004, 15:11
Originally posted by QRQ 30
Actually, I'm with RL. You can add wood chips or other smoking ingredients to a propane grill but I hate the smell/taste of the lighter fluid they use to light charcoal, especially that of the self-lighting variety.

I wish you luck R.L.:cool:

I got these to go in the smoker box:

Team Sergeant
06-07-2004, 15:49
RL, We didn't have a need to know....

(Geeezh)

TS

Roguish Lawyer
06-07-2004, 16:07
Originally posted by Team Sergeant
RL, We didn't have a need to know....

(Geeezh)

TS

How faaabulous! You are killing me.

BamBam
06-07-2004, 16:14
Don"t know about Fathers Day, but I had a birthday last week and my wife asked me what I wanted, I replied motorcycle peferrably a Harley, she the said have priced new golf clubs lately.