PDA

View Full Version : Everyone now has to love the Flyers!

Roguish Lawyer
10-09-2008, 21:18
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=252029&lid=sublink011&lpos=headlines_nhl

Sigaba
10-10-2008, 01:15
Those Philly fans are scoundrels. I'll never forgive them for cheering when Michael Irvin suffered that brutal injury that ended his career.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=252029&lid=sublink011&lpos=headlines_nhl

greenberetTFS
10-10-2008, 05:41
RL,

All they need now to supplement Palin is to have Kate Smith sing "God Bless America". Do you remember when she sang it at the Russian game many years ago? ;) The crowd went wild. :cool:

GB TFS :munchin

Goggles Pizano
10-10-2008, 09:20
Those Philly fans are scoundrels. I'll never forgive them for cheering when Michael Irvin suffered that brutal injury that ended his career.

We are passionate that way. :p

RL is this an edict? :D

RAN-GERS SUCK!

Beach Bum
10-10-2008, 09:56
I will be at the game! Excited that she will be dropping the puck. Not a hockey mom so I couldn't enter the contest :( Go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roguish Lawyer
10-10-2008, 10:27
We are passionate that way. :p

RL is this an edict? :D

RAN-GERS SUCK!

Although I am now a Kings fan, I was a Flyers fan as a kid and they are my favorite team in the Eastern Conference. The Kings are trying to become Philly West now, with Hextall and Terry Murray toughening up the team a lot.

So yes, it's a freakin edict! LOL

abc_123
10-10-2008, 13:24
RL,

All they need now to supplement Palin is to have Kate Smith sing "God Bless America". Do you remember when she sang it at the Russian game many years ago? ;) The crowd went wild. :cool:

I grew up in PA about 1.5hrs north of Philly

I remember watching one game on TV where the soviets either left the ice and/or refused to come out for the start of the next period after the old broadstreet bullies started head-hunting and put an old-fashioned ass-whooping on them. IIRC, the spectrum was absolutely going BEZERK. Fans banging on the glass behind the Russian bench yelling at them... you name it.

I remember that either when they left (or wouldnt' come out) that just egged the fans on even more and they started thowing beer and garbage on the ice... It was nuts. Welcome to Philadelphia! Welcome to the USA!

You talking about the same game?

Man, the Flyers are my team!

greenberetTFS
10-10-2008, 14:06
I grew up in PA about 1.5hrs north of Philly

I remember watching one game on TV where the soviets either left the ice and/or refused to come out for the start of the next period after the old broadstreet bullies started head-hunting and put an old-fashioned ass-whooping on them. IIRC, the spectrum was absolutely going BEZERK. Fans banging on the glass behind the Russian bench yelling at them... you name it.

I remember that either when they left (or wouldnt' come out) that just egged the fans on even more and they started thowing beer and garbage on the ice... It was nuts. Welcome to Philadelphia! Welcome to the USA!

You talking about the same game?

Man, the Flyers are my team!

abc_123,

Absolutely,that game was one of the best I've ever seen.....Dave Schultz,the best defense man at the time, laid out 2 Russies in a few minutes after the start of that game......Go USA. :lifter

Roguish Lawyer
10-10-2008, 14:23
abc_123,

Absolutely,that game was one of the best I've ever seen.....Dave Schultz,the best defense man at the time, laid out 2 Russies in a few minutes after the start of that game......Go USA. :lifter

You sure you're not thinking of Andre Dupont? Schultz played left wing.

Richard
10-10-2008, 14:40
VP CANDIDATE PALIN TO DROP CEREMONIAL PUCK AT FLYERS OPENER

Hey, if that's anything like 'dropping the soap in the shower'...I'll be there! :D

Richard :munchin

abc_123
10-10-2008, 15:36

Nope. Ed Van Impe. He's the guy that laid out that russian that really brought everything to a head.

Got to looking online and one article even mentioned the "Tell It to the Czar" signs that the fans were holding up.

LongTabSigO
10-10-2008, 18:09
RL,

As a young NY Islanders fan back in the 70s and 80s, the Flyers games were always the intense ones (beside Ranger games, of course). It took a long time for me to not get hives whenever I heard Kate Smith's rendition. :D

abc_123
10-10-2008, 18:30
As a young NY Islanders fan back in the 70s and 80s,

I forgive you.

Red Flag 1
10-10-2008, 20:12
As a young NY Islanders fan back in the 70s and 80s, the Flyers games were always the intense ones (beside Ranger games, of course). It took a long time for me to not get hives whenever I heard Kate Smith's rendition. :D

Went to watch the Flyers @ The Forum in Montreal , think it was 1973. Kate Smith was banned from the building. One of the Flyers was in the penalty box, I think it was Clarke, when this lady walked up to the back of the box and began hitting the hapless Flyer over the head with a cane. The lady was lucky he didn't swing back. Next season the box was better protected.

RF 1

greenberetTFS
10-11-2008, 10:51

RL,

Your right!....But it was Dave(Left Wing) that did lay out those 2...My memory sucks, but that must I remember.....:cool:

Sdiver
10-12-2008, 12:48
Here's the video of Sarah Palin dropping the puck at the Flyers/Rangers game. Amid cheers and boos from the Philly fans, :rolleyes: , it went alright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5fkggd5pgE

Nice touch on the Rangers part having Scott Gomez, who was born in Anchorage Alaska, as the Capt. for the drop.