PDA

View Full Version : Bombing Day throughtout Pakistan

MtnGoat
10-09-2008, 10:01
20 in Pakistan Die in Bombing
Suicide Blast in Central Region Targets Shiite Opposition Leader
Washington Post Foreign Service Tuesday, October 7, 2008; Page A16

Oct. 6 -- At least 20 people were killed and 35 injured Monday in a suicide bombing that targeted the home of a well-known politician in central Pakistan, according to Pakistani authorities.

The attack occurred in the small town of Bhakkar, where a man wearing a vest filled with explosives entered the home of Rashid Akbar Nawani, a member of Parliament and top opposition leader. The home was packed at the time with guests celebrating the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Fitr, according to local police officials. Unable to reach Nawani, the suicide bomber detonated his explosives in the middle of the crowd.

Pakistani police headquarters in Islamabad hit by suicide bomber
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Thursday, October 9th 2008, 9:27 AM

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Bombings killed 10 people and wounded at least 14 in Pakistan on Thursday, including an attack at a police complex in the capital the same day lawmakers huddled for a private briefing on the militant threat facing the country.

The other blast was in the nation's volatile northwest, where al-Qaida and Taliban militants have established bases near the Afghan border.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2008/10/09/2008-10-09_pakistani_police_headquarters_in_islamab.html

Bomb hits school bus in Pakistan

At least nine people were killed when a roadside bomb exploded close to a prison vehicle and a school bus in north-western Pakistan, officials say.

The remote-controlled device exploded in the Upper Dir district of North-West Frontier Province near the Swat Valley.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7660835.stm

Doc Z
10-09-2008, 12:42
These suicide bombers and IED creators make me sick. I can't tell you how many children I have treated with blast and/or shrapnel injuries from these monsters. I only hope that we can truly cure the plague that is "Terrorists".

A side note -
I always love hearing about another successful SF mission that destroys a bomb maker and his shop. We really appreciate everything you are doing out here.