PDA

View Full Version : 160th SOAR

caveman
10-04-2008, 23:01
What type of interaction have you, as operators, had with the Nightstalkers? How much training do you do with them? How have you worked with them on deployment?

Blitzzz (RIP)
10-05-2008, 10:30
You are in the service and located where you can ask this question personally. I would imagine that the interaction is much as you imagine it to be. A Quiet Professional one. Blitz

caveman
10-05-2008, 13:28
It is true that there is a BN of the 160th here at Hunter and being of an aviation MOS I do have a handful of friends serving with them. I know as much as anyone not in SOF could reasonably know, or should know, within the limits of OPSEC about the regiment's contemporary operations. My intention was to get a more historical perspective on how they've interacted with QP's over the years because, while I may know a bunch of Nightstalkers I don't personally know anyone who's ever been a part of an ODA.

I guess my question was ambiguous and not properly thought out. Let me try again:

While the 160th's role in Direct Action and Counter-Terrorism type missions is reasonably obvious these are only a small part of the Quiet Professional's job description. How is the SOAR helpful to the SR, FID, and UW missions? Is the interaction beyond anything more than glorified taxis? Anyone have any interesting anecdotes?

Jack Moroney (RIP)
10-05-2008, 13:48
While the 160th's role in Direct Action and Counter-Terrorism type missions is reasonably obvious these are only a small part of the Quiet Professional's job description. How is the SOAR helpful to the SR, FID, and UW missions? Is the interaction beyond anything more than glorified taxis? Anyone have any interesting anecdotes?

Beyond the general obvious skill sets that any aviation unit brings to the table polished by the unique and exceptional skills of the 160th, you are bordering on OPSEC as well as TTPs which we will not discuss on this site. This thread is closed.