PDA

View Full Version : Heres my question

jennysman1210
10-04-2008, 18:11
I have been to Selection 1 time and I am ashamed to say that I vw'd because at the time I guess I thought I was injured more than I really was looking back. I am planning to go back to Selection but I recieved a NTR but then it said return with a waiver. So what I am wondering is have I already banned myself from being selected when I go back. Can I still be selected when I already have a vw and a NTR on my record plus being there on a waiver? Thank You for your time.

7624U
10-04-2008, 18:30
No
Yes

jennysman1210
10-04-2008, 23:23
Thank you sir for your reply. I would also like to thank you for this site and evrything that you do for all of us with a dream of joining your brotherhood.

caveman
10-04-2008, 23:52
I already have a vw and a NTR on my record

What is a vw and a ntr?

Razor
10-04-2008, 23:57
What is a vw and a ntr?

VW - Voluntary Withdrawl; i.e., you choose to leave on your own accord

NTR - Not To Return; you did something ugly enough to prevent you from being allowed to come back at a later time to try again

jennysman1210
10-05-2008, 00:03
NTR - Not To Return; you did something ugly enough to prevent you from being allowed to come back at a later time to try again[/QUOTE]

This is not completely true because I did nothing ugly or wrong.

caveman
10-05-2008, 00:24
VW - Voluntary Withdrawl; i.e., you choose to leave on your own accord

NTR - Not To Return; you did something ugly enough to prevent you from being allowed to come back at a later time to try again

Thank you.

Pete
10-05-2008, 07:34
.....This is not completely true because I did nothing ugly or wrong.

That you know of

jennysman1210
10-05-2008, 11:17
That you know of

Well you are right about that Sir. Now I am wondering though. Being that I recieved NTR but it says return with a waiver does'nt that mean that I did not do anything wrong or ugly? I mean they are still allowing me to come back to the course. Thank you very much for your time.

koz
10-05-2008, 14:24

This is not completely true because I did nothing ugly or wrong.

Look at it from this perspective - In a situation where potentially one or two other teammates are depending on you to be there and not have to pick up your slack - YOU CAN'T QUIT. Many guys have been bent/broken/really F#$%ed up and don't quit - training and mission.
Not sure what your injury was and don't really care. Guys have completed selection with some really bad injuries- even ones where Doc said to stop - they refused. I'm sorry that you decided to VW. Does it mean that you're a POS? No, not at all. You made a tough decision to go to selection, you made a tough decision to quit. Obviously one you regret and that's a good thing.

You gave up on yourself and by default you gave up on your teammates. That is WRONG.
When you're sucking - take it one step at a time. Good luck with the waiver.

The Reaper
10-05-2008, 14:28

This is not completely true because I did nothing ugly or wrong.[/QUOTE]

VWs are not NTRed without extenuating circumstances.

You should have received an outbriefing that explained why you were issued an NTR.

Are you saying that this did not happen?

TR

jennysman1210
10-05-2008, 14:34
You made a tough decision to go to selection, you made a tough decision to quit. Obviously one you regret and that's a good thing.

You gave up on yourself and by default you gave up on your teammates. That is WRONG. When you're sucking - take it one step at a time. Good luck with the waiver.

You are very right and I never looked at it like that. Thank you opening my eyes to that. I regret it alot and think it was so far the worst mistake I have ever made. Is it hard to get a waiver? I am willing to do whatever I have to do to recieve that waiver and get another shot. Thank you for your time Sir.

jennysman1210
10-05-2008, 14:40
Are you saying that this did not happen?

TR

I am not going to say that did not happen. I just do not recall that. I know that all of the Instructors there were extremly professional and if they are supposed to do that then I am sure that they did. I just don't remember it. I did not mean to make it sound as if someone was not doing what they were supposed to do and I hope it does not come across that way or offend anyone. Thank you for your time.

jennysman1210
10-07-2008, 21:56
So can anybody tell me how hard it is to get a waiver ? Thank you for your time.

The Reaper
10-07-2008, 22:08
So can anybody tell me how hard it is to get a waiver ? Thank you for your time.

No, we are not, because we do not make that call. The SWTG CO does.

It occurs to me that if you really wanted it, you would have applied for the waiver already, instead of continuing to talk about it.

Honestly, I feel that I am beginning to understand the cadre's decision. You are going to have to demonstrate what you have done to correct your deficiencies since you VWed and were NTRed.

Stop talking about it and either apply for the waiver, or move on with your life and accept your decision to quit.

The motivation you will need resides in your heart, not in the words you will find on the internet.

You are not going to find anything more here.

Best of luck.

TR

Surgicalcric
10-07-2008, 22:13

What does it matter? You are either up to the task or you are not. The difficulty of obtaining a waiver is not important if you are serious about going back to SFAS. You are beating this topic to death from a couple different directions.

Its time for you to do, or not, but stop asking questions in hopes that one of us will tell you what you want to hear. It just isnt going to happen.

Furthermore, if I were in your shoes and had received an NTR and during my out-processing brief I was told why I was NTR'd I would damn sure remember so I could adjust my fire in hopes of returning... Honestly, something just isnt adding up for me with your story.

Crip

SF_BHT
10-07-2008, 22:30
What does it matter? You are either up to the task or you are not. The difficulty of obtaining a waiver is not important if you are serious about going back to SFAS. You are beating this topic to death from a couple different directions.

Its time for you to do, or not, but stop asking questions in hopes that one of us will tell you what you want to hear. It just isnt going to happen.

Furthermore, if I were in your shoes and had received an NTR and during my out-processing brief I was told why I was NTR'd I would damn sure remember so I could adjust my fire in hopes of returning... Honestly, something just isnt adding up for me with your story.

Crip

I am with Crip/TR/etc X10

I have been following this thread and you know you seam to be looking for some one to say something that we are not. You are not going to get the big hug and We feel sorry for you and you should get back in. Here is what you will get.:boohoo

1. VR - You quit, no matter for what reason. If you were hurt you should have driven on until you were medically sat down by the staff.
2. NTR - You were briefed and told why you got this. Not remembering does not fly.:confused:
3. Getting a waiver - You have been told that there is a process and if you really had the drive to go back this thread would have stopped back on the 4th of Oct 08.

Reach down and either grab your $#'s and belly up to the bar or quit looking for sympathy and drive on in your current unit.

Be Safe

R.King
10-11-2008, 13:18
[QUOTE=jennysman1210;228026]Can I still be selected when I already have a vw and a NTR on my record plus being there on a waiver? QUOTE]

If this makes you feel better, in my class we had a huge number of guys returning to SFAS and about 75% of them were selected. Not to say that you will the second time around or that it happens that way. But like all the QP's say, not to sound like a broken record, you have to really want it for yourself. Put that waiver in if you really want it and if you dont get selected at the end, at least you will feel better about yourself. Learn better ways to take care of your body out there so you don't worry about the little things. Just some friendly advise.

R.King, there is only two folks that post on the "Special Forces Questions", the person asking the question and Special Forces soldiers answering. Get it? Team Sergeant

R.King
10-12-2008, 11:30
Team Sergeant,

Got it.

Richard
10-12-2008, 12:08
IMO, once a person rationalizes quitting something once, it becomes easier for them to justify doing it again. Defecate or quit squatting over the cat hole. Your choice. I make mine and live with them.

Richard's $.02 :munchin

mark46th
10-13-2008, 23:35
Don't be quick to judge. My best friend from SF recycled four times in Phase I back in the old days. Was he any good? Does 15 SOG missions into Laos and North Vietnam Count? You just never know when some one is going to figure it out...

ZonieDiver
10-14-2008, 10:09
Don't be quick to judge. My best friend from SF recycled four times in Phase I back in the old days. Was he any good? Does 15 SOG missions into Laos and North Vietnam Count? You just never know when some one is going to figure it out...

Perhaps because I was recycled (05B to 11B/C), I see a big difference in the two situations.

(Your best friend's last name didn't start with a "T" did it? I was at Mackall with a guy who was then on his second or third recycle - and got recycled from our class.)

SF_BHT
10-14-2008, 12:26
Perhaps because I was recycled (05B to 11B/C), I see a big difference in the two situations.

(Your best friend's last name didn't start with a "T" did it? I was at Mackall with a guy who was then on his second or third recycle - and got recycled from our class.)

We had a guy that graduated with me that had been recycled 2 times in phase I, 2 times in phase II and 1 time in phase III. He turned out to be a TURD in Group.

It all depends on the person.

koz
10-14-2008, 13:08

Recycling is a big difference than QUITTING. Some good people recycle - quitters rarely if ever change their ways.

HardRoad
10-15-2008, 16:28
Recycling is a big difference than QUITTING. Some good people recycle - quitters rarely if ever change their ways.

I think that's generally true - and frankly, in this case, I'd feel a lot better about the original poster if his question was "can someone help me with the best way to explain how stupid I was to quit" instead of "how hard is it to get a waiver?" If he's not willing to take a few hours out of his life to write the damn thing and submit it without testing the water first, then how likely is he to stay with the training . . .?

On the other hand, what if someone realizes that they genuinely made a mistake, and does some serious soul-searching, and wants to go back? Can someone rehabilitate themselves by getting selected on the second go-round? (I'd say that a second VW should equal a lifetime NTR.) If someone finished the training, would you be less comfortable with them on a team if you knew that they had VW'd selection the first time through?

I think we've sent some people back after a VW, but I don't know if any of them made it through the pipeline and came back to us, so I don't have a good feel for what the right answer is.

The Reaper
10-15-2008, 18:54
I think we've sent some people back after a VW, but I don't know if any of them made it through the pipeline and came back to us, so I don't have a good feel for what the right answer is.

In four years sitting on the SFAS boards, I can count the number of first time VWs who were NTRed without a very good reason on one hand. The past three years, you had to kill a cadre member's family to get NTRed.

There is a big piece of this story missing, and I agree, why whine about it and look for someone to help you out? Cowboy up and knock out the request for a waiver ASAP.

TR

mark46th
10-17-2008, 23:55
Zonie-
No, first name starts with a G. I think he is a member here. Have to agree- file the waiver...

wet dog
04-27-2009, 23:07
Do you Concur or Not Concur?

That's what the SGM will ask and he will contemplate your answer, but you must live with the answer.

Good Luck -

This is not completely true because I did nothing ugly or wrong.[/QUOTE]

greenberetTFS
04-28-2009, 19:13
I am with Crip/TR/etc X10

I have been following this thread and you know you seam to be looking for some one to say something that we are not. You are not going to get the big hug and We feel sorry for you and you should get back in. Here is what you will get.:boohoo

1. VR - You quit, no matter for what reason. If you were hurt you should have driven on until you were medically sat down by the staff.
2. NTR - You were briefed and told why you got this. Not remembering does not fly.
3. Getting a waiver - You have been told that there is a process and if you really had the drive to go back this thread would have stopped back on the 4th of Oct 08.

Reach down and either grab your $#'s and belly up to the bar or quit looking for sympathy and drive on in your current unit.

Be Safe

jennysman1210,

I'll not repeat all the guys that have attempted to give you some solid advice.....:rolleyes: You keep beating that same drum over and over again. I went thru my training many years ago and if you quit than that was it...No VW,no NTR, you were out and that was it,it was over......:(

GB TFS :munchin

Blitzzz
04-28-2009, 21:15
jennysman1210, You had a chance like all the rest of us. we didn't quit you did. Join a Monestary or something less stressful. Find something you "CAN" do, uncross your foingrers and go for it. Manhood is out there somewhere ...find it. Crying in a beer isn't the same as whining. Blitzzz

The Reaper
04-28-2009, 21:53
I love it when you guys revive a thread six months old, but you are chewing ass on a guy who hasn't even been on this board since 5 January. Situational Awareness?

You might want to check some dates before pulling triggers next time.

wet dog, we restrict non-QPs from answering SF questions here. If you are SF, as your profile would seem to indicate, please follow the vetting instructions before dispensing any further advice.

Thank you.

TR

Blitzzz
04-29-2009, 00:35
Wasted ass chewing...well practice I guess.

ZonieDiver
04-29-2009, 01:24
Wasted ass chewing...well practice I guess.

Hey, it was pretty high quality ass-chewing! Maybe some young guy could pick up some ass-chewing pointers that could be put to good use in a future, appropriate ass-chewing situation! :D

Richard
04-29-2009, 07:54
Hey, it was pretty high quality ass-chewing! Maybe some young guy could pick up some ass-chewing pointers that could be put to good use in a future, appropriate ass-chewing situation!

Here's a good training film for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Nf1MK7lts&feature=related

Richard's $.02 :munchin