PDA

View Full Version : Poser/fake at the Range-Scott Hatchison (SP?)

Justinmd
10-03-2008, 17:39
Well today I had the fun of busting out a poser at the shooting range. I was out testing the Massoud. He saw my SF hat and said he was in 10th. That's when it started because a team guy can sniff out another team guy pretty quick. Even my buddy, a SEAL, said he didn't think he was an operator.

His name is Scott Hatchison (Not exactly sure about last name)

Anyhow, he says he's a Bravo. When I asked what team he was on, he went into some lengthy shit about being on a team working for SOCCENT and doing a lot of work with 1st group.

When I said, "no, your team number", he said 15xx, I stopped listening after the 1. Apparently he did so much work with 1st that they gave him a 1st group team number (I actually asked that and he affirmed).

Well then of course it was really game on.
"Company," I asked. He said Alpha, when I asked what Bn, he said there was only one at Carson. Uhhh what.

I tried to get him to tell me what 10th grp unit was in Germany, but he mentioned something about not know because they just switched. Uh huh.

My buddy asked him where he was at in Iraq. "Everywhere" was the reply. Uh yeah because we all like to travel around Iraq as much as possible.
Got back in Jan from Iraq, but wasn't there with SF, was there with another unit/agency/? that he won't name. yeah ok.

Turns out he was in the course same time as me (02-04), Phase II cadre was "Slaughter". (No mention of Sergeant Slaughter having GI Joe kung fu grip or not).

Tested out of language because he speaks German, said he passed the DLAB to get out. DLAB huh.

Prior MOS was "Military Police", an alpha-numeric combo is usually the answer here, but I can't fault him too bad for that one.

Has a buddy in 19th out of Ft Collins. Strange coincidence. Team guy? I ask. He's not sure (WTF).

So you went straight to 10th after Sage, I ask. No I went to some "other"
training, he says. Like what? He can't talk about it. Obviously I'm looking for SERE as the correct answer for this timeframe. I say it must have been some secret type stuff, he affirms. Like what?

At this point he says, "I know what you are going and I'm not going to play those games"

"Only a few simple questions," I say.

"blah blah games"

"Why don't you get the fuck out of here," I say. He responds that he works for the land owner and has permission to be there, so my buddy starts dialing up the landowner, at which time the guy goes for his truck.

I tell him that if he really is an SF guy to come to this website. He knows it, he says.

"See ya 5th Group," he says.

"See ya Poser"

We did talk to the landowner and made sure he was awared of this guy. The landowner was just trying to help out a vet who was looking for work.

Good times...

Richard
10-03-2008, 17:44
Some guys have all the fun! :D

Richard :munchin

Team Sergeant
10-03-2008, 20:50
So far my personal favorite was a reply by a guy that when asked what ODA he was in said he was in "1st Platoon ODA";)

Richard
10-03-2008, 21:24
I like the guy on the POW/MIA network who claimed he was in the 3rd SOG. Musta been a Clancy fan. :D

Richard :munchin

Justinmd
10-03-2008, 23:45
My buddy and I were both pretty shocked at the pure audacity/stupidity of a guy trying to BS someone he knew to be the real thing. You can BS the fans but you can't BS the players, as they say.

He said he knew of this site so maybe he'll come on here and defend his position. That would be entertaining.

Warrior-Mentor
10-04-2008, 06:06
I actually went to Robin Sage with Sergeant Slaughter (18E).

Have lost track of him since then...but funny that he was cited by your poser friend...

C0B2A
10-04-2008, 07:58
Sergeant Slaughter was one of my cadre for MOS phase, really cool guy.

SF_BHT
10-04-2008, 18:38
Should have taken a picture of him so he could be seen by all. Next time out there loan him you hat and take a picture to send to SGT Slaughter:D

Gene Econ
10-04-2008, 20:13
I actually went to Robin Sage with Sergeant Slaughter (18E).

Have lost track of him since then...but funny that he was cited by your poser friend...

WM:

Got rid of a fellow of the same last name -- same MOS too -- circa 1993 or 1994. Alcoholic, lazy, and disobeyed a lawful order from his Team SGT while deployed. Same guy or not I wonder?

Gene

Warrior-Mentor
10-04-2008, 20:21
WM:

Got rid of a fellow of the same last name -- same MOS too -- circa 1993 or 1994. Alcoholic, lazy, and disobeyed a lawful order from his Team SGT while deployed. Same guy or not I wonder?

Gene

Gene,
Has to be a different guy...we started SFQC in 1996, graduated in 1997.
Cheers,
Joe

Gene Econ
10-04-2008, 20:33
Gene,
Has to be a different guy...we started SFQC in 1996, graduated in 1997.
Cheers, Joe

Joe:

Hooaa and etc.

Am glad it isn't the same guy for some reason. The fellow I mentioned had potential and I hope that he is right now realizing that potential.

Gene