PDA

View Full Version : Apple: Safari Question

Warrior-Mentor
09-27-2008, 19:32
More simple growing pains...

Safari no longer has the window to type in URLs. I opened the View Tab and turned on all the options available: Bookmarks, Status, Tabs & Toolbars.

How do I get the URL window to open so I can type in the pages I want to open?

Right now, I have to use the tabs to open google, then search google to get where I want...a real pain!

Irishsquid
09-27-2008, 19:40
More simple growing pains...

Safari no longer has the window to type in URLs. I opened the View Tab and turned on all the options available: Bookmarks, Status, Tabs & Toolbars.

How do I get the URL window to open so I can type in the pages I want to open?

Right now, I have to use the tabs to open google, then search google to get where I want...a real pain!

I'm downloading it now, and will post tech support as soon as I get it running.

JumpinJoe1010
09-27-2008, 19:46
If you are talking about the address bar, go up to view and customize your options.

Irishsquid
09-27-2008, 19:58
view > show toolbar. That should bring it back. If that doesn't work, let me know, and I'll see what else I can find.

caveman
09-27-2008, 23:28
IMO everyone should be using firefox. It's free and full of features.

www.mozilla.com (http://www.mozilla.com)

wallowinginfun
09-28-2008, 00:02
There's Camino too, and then there's Opera and Flock which I haven't tried. Firefox 3 was crashing the site I do my math homework on, so I quit using it. I did think the new Firefox had some nice touches, but you can't organize your bookmarks without dragging them individually.

I like Firefox other than that though.

Irishsquid
09-28-2008, 14:26
I'm a big fan of firefox also. I just downloaded Safari so I could run it and answer Warrior-Mentor's question.

Sweetbriar
09-28-2008, 18:23
View>Show toolbar

Also, Customize toolbar, then make sure the navigation window is included. If you aren't sure, return it to default configuration, then add or drop what you prefer.

Pete S
09-28-2008, 20:56
I'm running Safari version 2.0.4 on a Mac.
View > Hide/Show Address Bar

I have also noticed that Firefox is much more dependable then Safari.

greenberetTFS
10-26-2008, 16:09
I'm running Safari version 2.0.4 on a Mac.
View > Hide/Show Address Bar

I have also noticed that Firefox is much more dependable then Safari.

Pete S,

I'm running 3.1.2 and I'm not having any problems....;)

GB TFS :munchin

LongWire
10-27-2008, 21:08
Ive tried other browsers, but always seem to come back to Safari. I do use flock for some social networking, just from a synchronicity standpoint, but much prefer Safari.
Its only crashed on me less than 10 times in the last 2+ yrs.

Beats a PC any day. A crash there is the damn Comp shutting off completely. I dont miss that a Bit!!!!!!
:D:D:D

Trip_Wire (RIP)
10-27-2008, 21:43
Ive tried other browsers, but always seem to come back to Safari. I do use flock for some social networking, just from a synchronicity standpoint, but much prefer Safari.
Its only crashed on me less than 10 times in the last 2+ yrs.

Beats a PC any day. A crash there is the damn Comp shutting off completely. I dont miss that a Bit!!!!!!
:D:D:D

Have you tried Opera yet?

Link:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/internet_utilities/operabrowser.html