PDA

View Full Version : Magpul 30 RD Standard PMAGS

NousDefionsDoc
09-23-2008, 08:09
We were given 20 of these to T&E back in the spring. The test base consists of 40-50 new shooters every week and some blank fire. All in M4s.

When we opened the box, we immediately set about to see what it would take to destroy two of them. We dropped them on concrete, both loaded and unloaded. That didn't work, so we dropped them harder. We finally cracked one, loaded without the protector. But it still shot.

We carried them in the rain, cold and heat, buried them, didn't clean them, shot blanks through them, shot thousands of rounds through them - and the only thing we managed to do was crack the one.

No mag-induced misfires, nothing.

Magpul PMAGs are quite simply the best magazines I have ever seen.

I highly recommend them.

MeC86
09-23-2008, 09:18
Ive had Pmags for about a year now and I agree that their performance is top notch.

My only issue is what TR has addressed before, and that is the magazines fitting in the mag pouches on my gear. The floor plate has a small ridge on either side, making it a little wider than conventional mags.

However, their performance and reliabilty has been so good I can get past the other issues.

Great product. Carry them on duty.

Surgicalcric
09-23-2008, 09:37
I picked up a couple Pmags at GreyGroup when I returned CONUS and have been using them in my M4 since. I like NDD have yet to have a failure to feed as the result of the mag.

As for them fitting in mag pouches, the only ones I have trouble with are the Eagle M4 pouches, but I had trouble getting GI mags in/out of them as well until I soaked them and added a piece of cardboard between the mags to loosen them up a bit.

I use TT triple mag, ESSTAC shingles, DBT tiered, and Eagle mag pouches.

My next mob I will be taking more of them with me...

As with anything tactical, YRMV.

Crip

MeC86
09-23-2008, 11:02
Cric,

I just checked out the DBT tiered Mag holders. I think that would solve the issue with the Pmags getting stuck on one another in a double mag pouch.

Probably going to order one today.....Thanks for the info.

Surgicalcric
09-23-2008, 11:32
The tiered mags is what I use on my armor (both of them) for the ease of mag changes. They are as well made as most any on the market.

Crip

kgoerz
09-23-2008, 11:50
We have been using them for about one year. No problems at all. They fit the Shingle Mag pouches fine.

MeC86
09-23-2008, 12:06
Im always looking for ways to make my armor less cumbersome and bulky....looks like the tiered holders dont protrude as much as the stacked double mag holders. Glad to hear the positive feedback before I try them out.

Thanks

Justinmd
09-23-2008, 21:21
NDD, Kgoerz, et al, glad you had a good experience. If you're running 308's (SR/SASS), we may have something else for you in awhile. Just something I heard,
Justin

kgoerz
09-24-2008, 03:50
NDD, Kgoerz, et al, glad you had a good experience. If you're running 308's (SR/SASS), we may have something else for you in awhile. Just something I heard,
Justin

A PMAG for an FAL would be nice

Justinmd
09-24-2008, 09:53
I was referring to a UBR stock for that system ;)

Peregrino
09-24-2008, 12:56
Justinmd - Not interested in a UBR stock for anything but I would really like to know if the AR10 PRS will fit a DPMS .308. I've got the original on my SPR forgery, really like it, and would love to get another for a .308 build. (FWIW - to support NDD I wouldn't complain about FAL or DPMS/SASS mags either. :D )

Justinmd
09-25-2008, 11:20
The AR-10 PRS will fit on your DPMS rifle, just make sure you get the AR-10 version so that the cheekpiece will clear the charging handle. PM sent RE mags
J

Peregrino
09-25-2008, 11:42
The AR-10 PRS will fit on your DPMS rifle, just make sure you get the AR-10 version so that the cheekpiece will clear the charging handle. PM sent RE mags
J

Sorry - please disregard PM. I replied before I checked new posts. Looking forward to putting everything together - the mags will certainly help. Y'all keep up the good work now, ya hear?

Archangel
10-28-2008, 14:53
NousDefionsDoc,

Check this out if you have not already: http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312

tinmanHRSO
11-02-2008, 20:04
The only thing I've noticed on the negative about Pmags is that on a few of the rifles I've used them in prefer the mags to be downloaded to a 28 rounds max carry, nothing unusual of course, just like the old ones did, which is perfectly acceptable for a guaranteed push/pull positive seat. Instead of a BANG/BANG/pull mag seat, lol

Viking
10-20-2011, 22:56
After a couple of years and two Afghan deployments, I've finally had a failure with a PMAG. Luckily it was on the range at our camp and not in a firefight. It was one that I've been carrying on my kit and I haven't emptied it in a while. The failure was on the right side of the magazine. I did a reload and as the bolt went home it pushed the first round's point into the mag and jammed it in. I reloaded another mag and finished the drill then checked out the mag. I used the file on my leatherman to file down the hole made my the round and it ran fine after that. It is now marked "RANGE ONLY" and I will continue to use if for such. I love these mags.

Dolly
02-20-2012, 10:22
Any new updates on P-mags?

The Reaper
02-20-2012, 10:38
Any new updates on P-mags?

Sure.

They work.

TR