PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Co A 2/19?

CaseyJones
09-21-2008, 17:16
I am wondering if anyone on these forums are from Co A 2/19? I am very interested in ending up there down the road (I have some time to make my bones and learn a thing or two) and I just have some questions for someone from there. Thanks alot in advance it's much appreciated

The Reaper
09-21-2008, 17:22
I am wondering if anyone on these forums are from Co A 2/19? I am very interested in ending up there down the road (I have some time to make my bones and learn a thing or two) and I just have some questions for someone from there. Thanks alot in advance it's much appreciated

You are a long way from there, focus on the 25 meter target first.

The Search button can be your friend.

Good luck!

TR

CaseyJones
09-21-2008, 17:35
You are very right Reaper. To be honest I was going to ask if they knew of any rope courses that were in the area (RI is next door to me) cause the Nasty Nick is what I feel would be my biggest hurdle and I want to train for it as early as possible (trained mind is a strong one). Any info on that would be a big help (it can be in the CT RI NY MASS area.) thanks

bricklayer
09-21-2008, 18:41
I am currently in A 2/19 training up for selection. You could try carabiners climbing gym in New Bedford Ma. There are some pretty high rope obstacles and an excellent climbing gym.
http://www.carabiners.com/

19thgprecruiter
10-14-2008, 21:33
CaseyJones,
I am currently the recruiter for Co. A 2/19th SFG (A). Please feel free to call me at (401) 578-6941. I will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

funnyman
10-26-2008, 20:59
You are very right Reaper. To be honest I was going to ask if they knew of any rope courses that were in the area (RI is next door to me) cause the Nasty Nick is what I feel would be my biggest hurdle and I want to train for it as early as possible (trained mind is a strong one). Any info on that would be a big help (it can be in the CT RI NY MASS area.) thanks

Hi.

Camp Fogarty in E. Greenwich, RI has a confidence course that's probably the best in the area AFAIK.
Do what I did: go to one of the marine boating shops in Newport, New Bedford, etc, and buy yourself some of the thick rope they use for boats. Anchor it up pretty high in a tree and tie a knot in the bottom so it won't unravel, and practice your climbing skills. It's 80% technique.

-FM