PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2008

SF18C
09-20-2008, 06:46
Any thoughts on this year’s season so far?

I just love the fact the Broncos are 2-0 and those were both Conference games! Yeah save me the belly aching about the ref's bad call. It happens! But man Cutler is looking like he will go far and be one of "those" QB's we will be talking about for some time!
Anyway the Chargers are 0-2 right along with Kansas City and the Raiders are 1-1 (they beat the Chiefs).
The whole Tom Brady thing is really a bummer…I hate to see any player get hurt and go out for the year…especially when it is the caliber of a guy like Brady.

I am still hoping the Texas make something of a season this year.
The big games to watch this season are the Cowboys vs Giants and any AFC East Division game. With Brady out, Favre on the Jets and the Bills looking strong those are gonna be some good games! (Miami still stinks)

heathk
09-20-2008, 07:07
Steelers all the way.

Ranger Luna
09-20-2008, 09:51
(Miami still stinks)You just had to throw that in?!?!!?:boohoo

greenberetTFS
09-20-2008, 10:50
Da Bears..........:D

GB TFS :lifter

charlietwo
09-20-2008, 13:49
The Colts need an offensive line :( It's like we have college freshman up there protecting Manning.

afchic
09-20-2008, 14:03

I just love the fact the Broncos are 2-0 and those were both Conference games! Yeah save me the belly aching about the ref's bad call. It happens! But man Cutler is looking like he will go far and be one of "those" QB's we will be talking about for some time!
Anyway the Chargers are 0-2 right along with Kansas City and the Raiders are 1-1 (they beat the Chiefs).
The whole Tom Brady thing is really a bummer…I hate to see any player get hurt and go out for the year…especially when it is the caliber of a guy like Brady.

The big games to watch this season are the Cowboys vs Giants and any AFC East Division game. With Brady out, Favre on the Jets and the Bills looking strong those are gonna be some good games! (Miami still stinks)
Glad to see someone is of the same mindset I am. I just about had a heart attack and two stroke watching the game last week. Especially when Shannehan grew a set of balls right there on the field!!!!

MtnGoat
09-21-2008, 12:05

Stuck on the East coast so I don't get to see any Broncos Games. Wife wants to get Direct TV. We just have about 6 TVs in the house. And that part of the deal sucks. But being able to watch the Broncos back to the old Elway throwing game is priceless.

anythingrandom
09-21-2008, 13:28
The Colts need an offensive line :( It's like we have college freshman up there protecting Manning.

I'm at work today in Indy, and there sure are a lot of jerseys out there.

We contained Peterson last week, but I still think we need some more run D. Still early though, but I fear we're just going to get punished up the middle. Our hope is to outscore. Manning will hit his groove soon.

Paslode
09-21-2008, 17:37
The Chiefs....I quite watching KC sports years ago and they are well on their way to achieving a 0-16 record for the season!

bandycpa
09-21-2008, 17:48
(Miami still stinks)

Not today! As a Dolphin fan that endured the 1-15 debacle that we generously called the 2007 season, this was a pretty sweet day. Of course, even at 38-13 and the Dolphins with the ball, the shellshock from the past several years still said "you know, we could STILL find a way to lose this game."

What a way to go into a bye week! Could be a signature win for the franchise, and the spark we needed to get this ship turned around.

Parcells / Sparano in 2008!

Bandy

Slantwire
09-22-2008, 09:31
I just love the fact the Broncos are 2-0

Enjoying my Hokie Eddie Royal over there? We VT fans sure do miss him....

Swamp
10-01-2008, 07:53
Should I say it.....I don't want to jinx anything. Screw it....Hail to the Redskins!!!!

Sdiver
10-01-2008, 07:59

Yes the Broncos are looking good. That last game was a close one.

As far as Cutler goes, well this town has been WAITING for the 2nd coming of Elway for some time. As long as Jake stays healthy, he should put up some impressive numbers.

As far as him being the 2nd coming.......we'll see. :munchin

11Ber
10-01-2008, 09:32
Should I say it.....I don't want to jinx anything. Screw it....Hail to the Redskins!!!!

I second this motion. Skins win over "America's Team" ended a great sports weekend for me...Terps over Clemson and JJ winning the race...If only Arabic study hours didn't bring the weekend to a crashing halt every few hours...

Counsel
10-01-2008, 13:29
As long as Jake stays healthy, he should put up some impressive numbers.

And as long as the running game keeps on producing. ;)

GO NINERS!

11Ber
10-05-2008, 19:01
:DSkins take another one. Looks like Zorns West Coast style offense and Campbells pocket skills have meshed and are doing darn well.

Swamp
10-07-2008, 07:47
In the last couple of games a couple things have impressed me about the Skins'. Number one is Campbell's new-found ability to check down...he is in some cases able to check down to his third progression receiver and find the dump off if necessary...a skill which did not show itself last year. Number two is Portis..I watched, as even after making initial contact he still keeps his feet driving picking up those extra two or three crucial yards....a new spark in motivation also which was not present last year....Cooley is also starting to come into his own....I think we may be on to something here....Go Skins!

AngelsSix
10-20-2008, 19:03
How 'bout them Panthers?:lifter

ZonieDiver
10-20-2008, 21:48
The Cardinals had a bye week. That used to be the best part of their season. I hope things have finally changed!

jsalo79
10-21-2008, 09:27
How about them Broncos. GO PATS!!! :D

Sdiver
10-21-2008, 09:32
How about them Broncos. GO PATS!!! :D

Phhhhhfffffffffttttttttttttttt.......:p

greenberetTFS
10-21-2008, 10:05
All my life I've been a Bears fan...... However,since I've lived in the south (10 years) and live 47 miles due north of NO, I've become a Saints fan......G0 Saints ;)

GB TFS :munchin

Sdiver
10-21-2008, 10:10
All my life I've been a Bears fan...... However,since I've lived in the south (10 years) and live 47 miles due north of NO, I've become a Saints fan......G0 Saints ;)

But I'm sure there's got to be a little Black and Orange still running through your veins. ;)

After moving out here to Denver, I too became a fan of the Broncos, but I still, on occasion, root for Da BEARS !!!! :lifter

greenberetTFS
10-21-2008, 10:45
But I'm sure there's got to be a little Black and Orange still running through your veins. ;)

After moving out here to Denver, I too became a fan of the Broncos, but I still, on occasion, root for Da BEARS !!!! :lifter

Sdiver,

Very true.....I still listen to the scores that are said during a Saints game on what the Bears are doing. I don't think I will ever forget my first love. ;)

ZonieDiver
10-21-2008, 10:48
Sdiver,

Very true.....I still listen to the scores that are said during a Saints game on what the Bears are doing. I don't think I will ever forget my first love. ;)

My first love was the Dolphins. Miami was sure exciting back in the late 60's - not always a "good" exciting at first. Kinda sad news often these days.

Broncos broke my heart in the SB's when I lived there in the early to late '80's.

Now the Cardinals... 'nuff said.

Sigaba
10-21-2008, 15:38
The guys look terrible.

How bout them Cowboys :munchin

Lothar
10-22-2008, 04:28
How bout them Cowboys

They look sick. WTFO! Superbowl bound this year? No way. They have looked terrible all of October and its not just one or two spots, either. As pissed off as I was this Sunday they are still my team.

JSE
10-22-2008, 07:00
How 'bout them Panthers?:lifter

Yes; 5-2 ain't half bad. Still though, we shouldn't have lost EITHER of those games, especially to the Vikings! :rolleyes:

:D

Sigaba
10-22-2008, 13:14
I wonder if some members of the team, if not also the coaching staff and front office, spent too much time planning the victory parade and not enough time preparing for the season.:confused:

The secondary looks so shaky that I almost miss Roy Williams out there.:o

And, as a life long Cowboys fan who was raised properly (i.e. to hate the Redskins), I must admit how nice it is to see the Zorn/Campbell relationship go so far so quickly.:munchin

They look sick. WTFO! Superbowl bound this year? No way. They have looked terrible all of October and its not just one or two spots, either. As pissed off as I was this Sunday they are still my team.