PDA

View Full Version : Now in Airborne

DRM
09-15-2008, 19:20
Quiet Professionals,

I graduated Infantry OSUT last Friday and am currently in Ground Week of Airborne. My Senior DS was from 10th Group; due to PERSEC I'm not going to post his name in the open, but if any of you think you might know him, I'll gladly give contact info through PM.

I'm coming out of OSUT with maxed pushups/situps and a 13:11 on the 2-mile. I workout every night so far here at BAC, so no getting fat and lazy for me. I report to RIP immediately after graduation on Oct. 3rd. I am very excited to have the opportunity to serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment and can't wait to get out of BAC to prove myself.

Thank you for this resource, Quiet Professionals. Although I am too young to join Special Forces (I'm only 17) I might pursue that path in the future and will continue to utilize all resources possible to improve myself from now until that day might come.

Driving On,
-DRM

Team Sergeant
09-15-2008, 19:36
Thank you for this resource, Quiet Professionals. Although I am too young to join Special Forces (I'm only 17) I might pursue that path in the future and will continue to utilize all resources possible to improve myself from now until that day might come.

Driving On,
-DRM

I turned 18 in Jump School.

Become the best infantryman you can be and then set your sights for SF.

Drive on soldier & never quit.

Team Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Special Forces (ret)

SF_BHT
09-16-2008, 07:15
Keep Focused on your future and Drive on. Good Luck....

SF18C
09-16-2008, 13:59
Keep those feet and knees together!

Good luck stay focused; don't get distracted by all the shiny stuff floating around!

And remember that the 3rd of October has a bit of history in the Ranger Regiment!

greenberetTFS
09-16-2008, 14:47
I was 17 when I earned my wings and 18 when I was in the 77th,as short a time as it was. It was the best years of my life. As SH_BHT,SF18C & TS have told you. Stay focused and be the best that you can be......;)

GB TFS :munchin

Gypsy
09-16-2008, 18:48
Best wishes to you, and thank you for stepping up.

the squid
09-24-2008, 12:49
Thank you for doing what many cannot or will not.

csquare
09-25-2008, 07:01
I was 19 y/o when I graduated selection and headed to Devens and 10th Group. Stay focused and be the best soldier you can be. Good luck!

SF_BHT
09-25-2008, 07:14
So how is Tower week? Ready to jump next week?:munchin

Goggles Pizano
09-25-2008, 09:38
Remember, regardless of your religious affiliation the first words out of your mouth that first jump when you check canopy will be "thank GOD!!!!". :D

ZonieDiver
09-25-2008, 10:39
Remember, regardless of your religious affiliation the first words out of your mouth that first jump when you check canopy will be "thank GOD!!!!". :D

I sang in the Airborne Choir while at Jump School - and I cannot carry a tune in a bucket. I was taking NO chances.

Team Sergeant
09-25-2008, 10:44

No, you thank the Rigger that packed the chute.

And thank the Black Hats that taught you to jump from a A/C in flight.

Goggles Pizano
09-25-2008, 11:15

Rigger was the next on the list TS! Thanked each black hat personally after grad. :lifter

Dozer523
09-25-2008, 14:09

The amazing thing I will always remember about the first time under canopy was how very quiet it seemed.

Enjoy

DRM
09-26-2008, 06:28
Tower Week has been pretty fun. I had the opportunity to be the first one on the 250' tower, so I took it.

I'll be jumping Monday. I'm pretty excited, but I know I'm going to be shaking in my boots when it comes time to hook up for the first time.

Driving On,
-DRM

Soft Target
09-26-2008, 06:37

Thank you, TS. Why becomes obvious.
Dave

Team Sergeant
09-26-2008, 08:29
Tower Week has been pretty fun. I had the opportunity to be the first one on the 250' tower, so I took it.

I'll be jumping Monday. I'm pretty excited, but I know I'm going to be shaking in my boots when it comes time to hook up for the first time.

Driving On,
-DRM

Go here and turn up the speakers....... make sure you have a few buddies with you.....;)

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12818&highlight=blood+risers

Blitzzz (RIP)
09-26-2008, 09:00
I was 19 and was roster #43. was in hold over until after Christmas. Was is the first class of 68 as a fresh "airborne unassigned " ( I was assigned to MP AIT before jump school.
I had no desire to be an MP and saw the SF recruiter walking through the company area. I new I would apply even though I didn't think I could be one of those troopers. I just wanted out of the MPs.

Well I passed the test and went to bragg after jump school and was a SPECIAL FORCES Soldier there after.

The weather was too windy for tower week so my first canopy experiance was from a C-119, sweet. and yes it was so very quite under conopy.
The aircraft wasn't.
Thanks for carrying on a great tradition and good luck.
Don't count on luck, it should be in the 3rd paragraph under "weather". Best of all experiences, Dave (Blitz)

DRM
09-26-2008, 15:19
Go here and turn up the speakers....... make sure you have a few buddies with you.....;)

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12818&highlight=blood+risers

Let's see...so long as I get cleared on my JMPI's and I hook up...

GOT IT!

Haha. That song cracked me up.

Driving On,
-DRM

DRM
09-26-2008, 15:25
I was 19 and was roster #43. was in hold over until after Christmas. Was is the first class of 68 as a fresh "airborne unassigned " ( I was assigned to MP AIT before jump school.
I had no desire to be an MP and saw the SF recruiter walking through the company area. I new I would apply even though I didn't think I could be one of those troopers. I just wanted out of the MPs.

Well I passed the test and went to bragg after jump school and was a SPECIAL FORCES Soldier there after.

The weather was too windy for tower week so my first canopy experiance was from a C-119, sweet. and yes it was so very quite under conopy.
The aircraft wasn't.
Thanks for carrying on a great tradition and good luck.
Don't count on luck, it should be in the 3rd paragraph under "weather". Best of all experiences, Dave (Blitz)

It was fairly windy during Tower Week. We had one student slam his shins into a PLF platform a Black Hat brought onto the training zone to park his fat ass on. Poor kid was pulling those slips as hard as he could but just destroyed his shins. The 1SG then made the call to cancel the towers. That's the sad part of this school: it takes someone to get injured for the instructors to use common sense. However, my descent from the towers went well...

...but I think my 4th point of contact would have to disagree.

Driving On,
-DRM

PS- I apologize for the double post. Feet elevated, pushing.

DRM
10-02-2008, 18:36
Quiet Professionals,

My jumps were successful and I am now a Paratrooper. I had the joy of being the first out of the bird on all 5 jumps. It was a blast and I only had one rough landing all week.

Now that BAC is out of the way, I have my mind set 110% on the 50m target: RIP. Ready to roll out on Monday and kick that courses ass.

Driving On,
-DRM

Gypsy
10-02-2008, 18:39
Congrats DRM! Continued best wishes and successes to you on your journey.

SF_BHT
10-02-2008, 19:48
Quiet Professionals,

My jumps were successful and I am now a Paratrooper. I had the joy of being the first out of the bird on all 5 jumps. It was a blast and I only had one rough landing all week.

Now that BAC is out of the way, I have my mind set 110% on the 50m target: RIP. Ready to roll out on Monday and kick that courses ass.

Driving On,
-DRM

Congrads, keep focused, stay the course, do not let your guard down. Be a Good Ranger buddy. This is all about Team Work and Dedication.

Remember what I always told my self "They can not kill me and they can not Eat me". When it gets rough and really sucks just think of that and push on. You are about to get your first hard test at RIP.:lifter

Good Luck.

blue02hd
10-02-2008, 20:36
If you need Blood Wings, let me know. I am ambushing the donut hut at Building 4 on a daily basis, I'd gladly walk down the road for a fellow PS.com,,,,,

Then I'll tell you how not to show up to RIP wearing Jump Boots. Oh Lord, what they did to me was wrong,,,,

DRM
10-05-2008, 15:14
Quiet Professional's,

I inprocessed to RIP Friday after Airborne graduation and am currently at the 75th ROC for RIP Pending. My class (01-09) begins Oct. 27th. We were granted a weekend pass and I report back Monday at 2045. PT test Tuesday morning, then usual holdover details for the rest of the week. When we ran past the sign at RSTB, I had an uncontrollable grin on my face. I'm extremely excited to be in RIP and can't wait to earn my tan beret.

I know what has to be done. All that's left is to do it. I will not fail and I will never quit.

Driving On,
-DRM

Debo
10-09-2008, 19:43
You didn't by chance come through BAC at B 1/19. If so, I know the Senior DS that you speak of and he was a great mentor as I rolled through there last year. Keep your head up and thanks for your service.

Debo

DRM
10-10-2008, 11:54
You didn't by chance come through BAC at B 1/19. If so, I know the Senior DS that you speak of and he was a great mentor as I rolled through there last year. Keep your head up and thanks for your service.

Debo

Negative, I'm from D 1/50.

Another quick update: 31 have quit since 3 Oct. :boohoo

We had a new group run in from Airborne yesterday, around 40 or so. Looks like my class is going to start somewhere around 125.

Rangers Lead the Way,
-DRM

HomShaBom
10-11-2008, 09:00
Good luck. I'm in the current RIP class. We just got back from Cole Range this past Thursday. It was horrible, and it rained the whole time.

The Reaper
10-11-2008, 10:46
Good luck. I'm in the current RIP class. We just got back from Cole Range this past Thursday. It was horrible, and it rained the whole time.

You might want to review the rules and stickies before posting further.

You have missed a few steps, Ranger.

TR

Loadsmasher
10-11-2008, 18:11
With everyone reminiscing about their time at the Home of The Infantry, I thought it might be acceptable to throw a request out there.

I'm heading to Ft. Benning for Air Assault next month and wanted to take the opportunity to get a pair of boots resoled and maybe get my ruck modified. I used the Columbus yellow pages and located a few stores, but none seem to offer these services. If anyone has some suggestions, a PM would be great. I've already derailed the thread enough by posting about Air Assault in an Airborne thread.:eek:

p.s. I looked through the thread on modifying rucks, but the only recommends were for places in/around Bragg.

DRM
10-14-2008, 14:59
With everyone reminiscing about their time at the Home of The Infantry, I thought it might be acceptable to throw a request out there.

I'm heading to Ft. Benning for Air Assault next month and wanted to take the opportunity to get a pair of boots resoled and maybe get my ruck modified. I used the Columbus yellow pages and located a few stores, but none seem to offer these services. If anyone has some suggestions, a PM would be great. I've already derailed the thread enough by posting about Air Assault in an Airborne thread.:eek:

p.s. I looked through the thread on modifying rucks, but the only recommends were for places in/around Bragg.

PM inbound.