PDA

View Full Version : SFQC student - possible OPSEC

D9 (RIP)
05-28-2004, 11:00
There is some concern that an SF candidate in the pipeline is being a little liberal about the course and with the names/photos of his fellow students on this (http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15816&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) website. I'm not sure what the standard is, so I'm not sure if what he's posted is a problem. But for a while he did have photos up there with the faces of his fellow students (until someone suggested he black them out), and he took a pretty cavalier attitude towards showing their faces:

"as for the opsec, i think ill update the pics and any future pics with abit of blacked out faces... the whole opsec stuff is ironic to the third degree especially because the army tends to parade us around like animals constantly infront of writers/journalists and such. ..."

There are also some names mentioned in the thread. If it's nothing, sorry to waste people's time. But I thought if there was any OPSEC issue with this young man, the QP's from this site would be in a good position to correct him.

The Reaper
05-28-2004, 11:23
Originally posted by D9
There are also some names mentioned in the thread. If it's nothing, sorry to waste people's time. But I thought if there was any OPSEC issue with this young man, the QP's from this site would be in a good position to correct him.

I have been PMed several times about this.

First, the kid is justifiably proud of what he has accomplished so far, and is showing off a bit.

Second, if you sort through the posts, the local paper ran an article on RS this past weekend, and showed far more than the kid has.

Finally, I appreciate the concerns of everyone, but I doubt that many here have the time or inclination to attempt to police marginal issues like this of every board on the internet.

If you (generic, as in any reader) feel that strongly about it, take him to task over it on that board. Mention that you are AD SF, if you are, and explain why you find it troublesome.

Good luck.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
05-30-2004, 10:02
Tradecraft is a wonderful thing and often underrated.

I can't imagine one of mine taking pics. And I can't remember having the time.

Somebody has probably already tightened up his shot group.

Huey14
05-30-2004, 13:01
Piss poor effort on some of the blacking out, though.

Roguish Lawyer
06-02-2004, 12:58
I think some may enjoy this comment by a Romanian poster in the thread in question:

Is it me or do the faces of SF look more inteligent and normal than the SEALs who look more badass but not too smart.

Running for cover now! :p