PDA

View Full Version : Kirafu Military Pods.

Longstreet
08-27-2008, 09:35
Does anyone have any experience or comments with Krafu's military pods (www.kifaru.net/MG_pods.htm)? I have searched PS and the Internet and found nothing. I plan on doing some winter camping this year (non military related) and they look like a great way to not only give some extra storage to my pack, but they will allow me to keep snowy/wet kit away from anything that I want to remain dry. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank-you.

72_Wilderness
08-28-2008, 19:57
I have a set of pods, they work great. When I carry my ww gear, it's normally in a small pod. I haven't used it in a military or deployed environment though. They pack down pretty small when you aren't using them. One of those things you can throw in the pack, just in case you need it latter in the trip. Just make sure you get the pods cinched down tight, otherwise they may slip around a little. Kifaru also has a message forum, you will be able to find feed back on there, about any of their gear.

72_W

Ambush Master
08-29-2008, 17:10
Their gear is good!! Mel is a member in here. His screen name is Mel, so if you have any questions, you can contact him through here!!

Take care.
Martin

Squintz
09-05-2008, 04:18
I have alot of Kifaru Gear. Top notch, every stitch! Definitely worth the extra coin;)

I have all 3 sizes of Pods. Only one I have used so far is the small. They work as advertised.

Longstreet
09-23-2008, 17:06
Thanks to those who helped out. I will be searching for 'Mel' in the near future.

Irishsquid
09-23-2008, 18:19
Don't have any experience with the pods, but I bought a Kifaru ruck on my last deployment, after the frame broke on my ALICE pack and tore a hole in my back. Without a doubt, that pack was worth EVERY penny I spent on it. If the rest of their gear is as good as the pack itself, then the pods should be good to go.

My $0.02

Mel
09-24-2008, 09:19
Longstreet, PM sent.

Mel

William Shears
10-04-2008, 15:19
I have the Large Pod. I used it for wet gear on the outside of my issued pack (Marine Corps ILBE) and it worked excellently. I have a few other pieces of Kifaru kit and they are well designed and me-proof.