PDA

View Full Version : not exactly a hunting thread but..

sfmedicw9
08-23-2008, 13:26
Im new here - was surprised to see a hunting thread

just wanted to pass along a word of advice from my new found wisdom i got last week

If you want a bear off your property dont listen to girlfriends

Do not trap them

Do not release them on your own without a car door open nearby

they get pissed of in a cage and are still pisssed of when you list the door open

the BS happy happy joy scenes where they run off to a happy life in the woods is BS

They know your on top of the trap

They are vindictive SOBs

my advice - shoot them

abc_123
08-23-2008, 17:51

just wanted to pass along a word of advice from my new found wisdom i got last week

Do not trap them

they get pissed of in a cage and are still pisssed of when you list the door open

the BS happy happy joy scenes where they run off to a happy life in the woods is BS

They are vindictive SOBs

my advice - shoot them

Now that's funny.

jbour13
08-23-2008, 20:25
:D

Sounds as if this requires more of a thorough explanation in the briefback thread. ;)

Chris Cram
08-25-2008, 00:04

the BS happy happy joy scenes where they run off to a happy life in the woods is BS...

I bet you forgot the shortcase and the bag of pretzels...:munchin
Road trips w/o munchies makes for grumpy bears.:mad:

HOLLiS
08-25-2008, 08:40

They are vindictive SOBs

my advice - shoot them

I saw the video.............. Sage advice my friend, sage advice.

Richard
08-26-2008, 09:56

Do not trap them

They are vindictive SOBs

my advice - shoot them

Here's the sequence - a Wyoming Fish and Game trapped bear release.

http://www.myunusual.com/downloads/Unusually_DumbC.html

Richard :munchin

C-Fro
08-26-2008, 14:52
Had a similar bear experience.
A couple buddies and I went hunting up in the mountians of nothern Pa.
The oldest of the crew was BBQing some steaks for us in bear country.
It was around 5:00pm and he was pretty drunk already so that's the reason we took his gun and made him grill.
Couldn't see much around us due to the vegitation.
All of the sudden a bear comes pondering out to the grill while Rusty was making the steaks.
I was in the Tree Stand looking down and I saw something I would have never expected in my life.
As the bear came over to take one of the steaks ( most likely mine due to being the youngest) Rusty Slapped the bear right across the face.
Me having my rifle ready...expecting the worst, The bear just looked Rusty strait in the eyes with a dumbfounded look on its face.
While Rusty just stood there BBQ'ing like nothing happened.
The bear stood there for about 20 seconds looking at Rusty and left.
After I just comprehended what just happened, Rusty turned and looked up at me and said to me "You know you could'uve shot it, Thanks to you we're eatin Baked Beans tommorro" Then smiled and continued BBQing.:D

sfmedicw9
08-26-2008, 21:14
bears are a trip huh?

I grew up with them in michigan . I dont like them . Got my first black bear when i was 15 years old with 2 arrows from a 79 lb dartan fury SL 42 inch magnum bow in 72

it was no challenge where i grew up - all one has to do it get within 100 yards of the landfill and wait

freakin sad thing when opening day of rifle season starts - just feel sorry for the first bear that wanders out of the landfill - sounds like a ranger school ambush

My buddy had his entire car interior neatly stacked outside of his car by bears(dont transport your fish inside if you dont clean up later)

wow richard that looks like me in those pics

C-Fro
08-27-2008, 13:18
The same buds and I just got done a days fishing for trout.
(around 2 years ago)
We had a Sweet catch of around 15 trout. (Brown & Rainbow mixed).
Once again me being the youngest I had to clean all the fish to prepare for cooking.
My one friends dad (He passed away last year) told me to help them set up some tree stands.
These are about 30ft tree stands too.
Thinking nothing of it I left the Trout there where I cleaned them.
About half an hour later we came back and to our suprise the guts were knocked over and the bucket of clean trout filets was gone.
At the same time we all muttered SOB.:D
That bear ate better than we did that night.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
08-27-2008, 13:44
my advice - shoot them

Shoot them on your property in Vermont if you have a bird feeder out you pay a fine for allowing a stupid bear who thought he was a bird to destroy your property:D This unhappy bruin has made a habit of falling out of the two trees he is standing between trying in vain to get to the bird feeder that is suspended on copper grounding wire twelve feet above his head. Sounds like someone cutting away a ruck from 800 feet during a nite drop when he pulls his stupid animal tricks at 0300 on the days he thinks he has outwitted the feeder. Never learns:D

C-Fro
08-27-2008, 13:54
Bird Feeder Today....Your Kitchen Tomorrow :D