PDA

View Full Version : Show on the History Channel

Sdiver
08-03-2008, 21:21
I'm watching a show on the History Channel right now called Warriors. It's hosted by a guy named, Terry Schappert.

In the intro he said, "I was a former 'Green Beret' ". In fact the promo for the show on THC's web site, even lists him as a "Green Beret", instead of an SF soldier.

Host Terry Schappert travels to Scotland to examine the epic Battle of Stirling Bridge where William "Braveheart" Wallace and his rag-tag band of soldiers took on the full power of the English army. Terry uses his expertise as a Green Beret to breakdown this battle through the eyes of the soldiers. He'll explain how the techniques, weaponry, and strategy of these warriors influenced the surprising outcome of the battle.

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=337184

Anyone know him and have comm with him in some way? I know how the QP's don't like being referred to as a piece of "Head Gear". ;)

SF_BHT
08-03-2008, 21:35
Yes he is... Last time I heard he was a SFC.... Been a while..Resreve and Active Soldier.

GreenSalsa
08-03-2008, 23:11
I went to selection and the SFQC with Terry...he is real...actually one of the better guys...I lost track of him until I bumped into him in Stuttgart (1996).

Stras
08-04-2008, 04:15
Terry was an SSG in C 1-10 (93-97ish), left active duty shortly thereafter and was pursuing an acting career in NY when 9/11 occured. I had heard that he was SF Guard (19th?), and had put his acting gig on hold to go downrange with the brothers and do some mandatory headspace and timing corrections on the towelheads.

Thanks for the posting.. I'll try to catch the next episode on the history channel..

I don't have any contact with him, but will query some other folks when they get back from Sturgis.

Bill Harsey
02-19-2009, 10:03
And the search function here works.
Caught his name for the first time last night associated with the words "green beret" in a promo for this seasons series.

ACE844
02-28-2009, 18:36
The History channel lists his 'official bio' on it's site as follows.

http://www.history.com/minisites/warriors/images/meet-the-host-mainpromo.jpg

Terry Schappert

What does it take to be a warrior? The new series Warriors lets you travel the globe alongside host Terry Schappert to find out. A modern-day warrior, SFC Schappert is currently serving on an A team in the US Army Special Forces. He started his military career 17 years ago with the 82nd Airborne Division. While assigned to a recon squad, he completed Ranger School. After serving in the Persian Gulf War, Terry moved on to his ultimate challenge, becoming a Green Beret. Since completing the Special Forces Qualification Course, he has been deployed on training and combat missions all over the world, most recently in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. In addition to his military credentials, Terry is a licensed paramedic, speaks several languages, has extensive martial arts training and a degree in anthropology.

resonant evil
03-08-2009, 09:56
I met Terry when his guard unit went with us to Iraq in '05. Good guy.