PDA

View Full Version : PICS of ODA 013

Backwoods
08-03-2008, 20:40
Gents,

I am working on getting old pics of 013 as I re-constitute the team. If you were a member and have some team pics, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Stras
08-03-2008, 20:59
I have some pics from when 013 was 014 in 94-95 before we played "moveable team numbers". will look through my stuff at the house next week.

2 Block Secured
08-04-2008, 15:52
I was not fortunate to be a member of ODA-013 with Coach, Cpt Tovo and the boys but was next door on ODA-014 (The Kitchen). If I do find some that contain pics of any members, I will send them on.
Jim

DrJay
08-06-2008, 22:47
Backwoods
I sent you an email, I've got some 013 shots from the 88-92 era including a very youthful Ken Tovo.
I'll work on getting them scanned.

Doc Kennedy

alfromcolorado
08-07-2008, 02:58
Backwoods
I sent you an email, I've got some 013 shots from the 88-92 era including a very youthful Ken Tovo.
I'll work on getting them scanned.

Doc Kennedy

Doc Jay, you have come a long way. Congratulations on your accomplishments in life.

I was visiting with Ted and N P in Stuttgart and they told me about your transition from SF to Doc.

Al I

DrJay
08-08-2008, 13:29
Al, thanks for the kind words.

I prefer to think of it like the credit card commerical:

Army enlistment 11B bonus: $8000
SF reenlistment bonus: $20000
GI BIll from service: $21000
Government scholarship: $240000
Nine years serving with America's finest soldiers: no charge

Scaring the crap out of an entire medical school class: PRICELESS

Doc K

2 Block Secured
08-08-2008, 15:24
What's up big Jay?
I've been looking for you every since you left a message on my answering machine a few (i think 5) years ago. Being a techno phobe, I erased your message instead of saving it.
Anyway, while looking for photos of 013, I came across several of you and me outside the Rod and Gun Club at Bad Toelz.
It's good to hear you are still out there hooking and jabbing.
Jim S.

csquare
08-11-2008, 07:34
Doc Kennedy,
I always remember you talking about going to med school. I don't have any old photos of 013. But I did find some photos of 011 nearly burning down the Kaserne when they popped a smoke inside a case of other smokes. It was darker then a bag of a-holes outside our team door for a good hour. All of us on 012 were walking around in masks and counted it as the yearly NBC training.

C2
Carl Clark

2 Block Secured
08-12-2008, 14:56
Carl,
Now that was funny. Remember when the Bn CO called us into the auditorium to let us know that the ammo and demo someone stashed in the woods on a German farmers plot was found, duece and a half tracks and all.

"Now I know there are a least 12 guys here that know something about it."

Good times,

Jim

DrJay
08-15-2008, 08:08
Hey Jim and Carl
Great to hear you guys are alive and kicking!
I remember the "smoke grenade" incident, it happened when I was there and I think during my "B-Team banishment phase" for punching out those Brits.

I live in the same town as the NCAA basketball champs now, work in the local capital city as an urgent care doctor (lots of colds/wimpism but occasional fracture or lac to keep things lively).
Married with two sweet little kids.
Stopped boozing in '99 (at the request, er, insistence, of the medical school dean).
If you guys head out east on I70 stop by, we're in the phone book under Jodi's name.

Jim I saw a pic of you and Maj B walking through the Isikveren camp with BG Potter and some other star-types. It was in a big coffee table book on SOF put out by the Special Operations Warrior Foundation.

Dr Jay

2 Block Secured
08-17-2008, 21:35
Hey Jay,
At least it wasn't a picture of me removing a Kurd from one of the sticks lined up on the exfil HLZ, who tripped and fell backwards so it looked like I pushed him down. It was bad enough they had it on CNN after that lying reporter told me that the sun blinded his shot and the helo was too loud. I found out about that after we arrived and one of the wives came up to me and told me how mean I was to push that poor guy down. Perspective is a bitch.
Jim

Backwoods
11-20-2008, 15:03
Guys,

Thats all great stuff!!! I would love to get a pics of BG Tovo (then CPT Tovo). I worked for him in Iraq in 06 while I was still a Guard guy. Awesome dude.

I can't wait to get some of these pics so I can pass that history on to my new XRays.

Thanks Guys,

JC

alfromcolorado
12-14-2008, 07:41
Guys,

Thats all great stuff!!! I would love to get a pics of BG Tovo (then CPT Tovo). I worked for him in Iraq in 06 while I was still a Guard guy. Awesome dude.

I can't wait to get some of these pics so I can pass that history on to my new XRays.

Thanks Guys,

JC

I am getting no joy from the folks I knew on 013 early 90s. I was actually assigned to the team when I went to Toelz in early 90. Tovo was there and he was great. Two weeks later I was moved to a different team and company.

There were some good guys on that team too, besides Tovo.

I have one more call to make.

Backwoods
12-15-2008, 10:23
I got one photo today from Jim. Thanks!! Al, if you get them great if not no worries. Also I busted Tony out on the coin check in the bathroom/buying crappy drinks as the FNG. He laughed for 10 min.

alfromcolorado
12-18-2008, 17:52
I got one photo today from Jim. Thanks!! Al, if you get them great if not no worries. Also I busted Tony out on the coin check in the bathroom/buying crappy drinks as the FNG. He laughed for 10 min.

Tony is a good man.

DrJay
12-21-2008, 23:52
Backwoods
Fire me off your email addy to caver_doc(at)hotmail.com and I'll upload those pics in the next day or so. I put them together and keep running into them doing stuff around the house, need to get them to you.
Ah, good times.
Sixteen years ago we were prepping to head back to Incirlik. I had made the E7 list and medical school was a distant dream.
Time flies, bro.

Dr J

KW9598
12-31-2008, 22:30
Wouldnt pictures of 015 be a little better?
:)

Backwoods
01-05-2009, 15:34
015?? Is that a team?? LOL

Actually, I count some of the boys in 15 right now as some of my good friends. A lot of good blokes on that team.