PDA

View Full Version : just finished reading

McKagan13
05-24-2004, 09:46
the Tristan Betrayal, by Robert Ludlum. I thought it was a great read, and I couldn't put it down. Its about an American intel agent gathering intel in Russia and Germany circa WWII. If you like the spy stuff, with a hint of military history, I would recommend it. Robert Ludlum also wrote the Bourne Identity, thuogh I didnt read it but saw the movie.

matt

Razor
05-24-2004, 09:54
Oh good Lord! Please don't equate the Bourne movie with Matt Damon to any of the Bourne books; you need to read the books to really appreciate the story.

Roguish Lawyer
05-24-2004, 09:59
Originally posted by Razor
Oh good Lord! Please don't equate the Bourne movie with Matt Damon to any of the Bourne books; you need to read the books to really appreciate the story.

That movie was awful if you've read the book.

Air.177
05-24-2004, 11:40
I read the Bourne Identity while I was Very Ill and was running a rather constant 102-103 degree fever. I would wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat thinking that I was being chased all over Europe by a pack of folks trying to kill me. I told the doc and he attributed it to the fever and dehydration. Other than that, It was a good book.

Good Times

McKagan13
05-26-2004, 13:31
didn't say the movie was good, but the story was pretty good, though I havn't read the book.

But, I guess you won't be too happy to hear that their is a sequel to the Bourne Idenetity w/Matt Damon coming out sometime in June...Just read it in Maxim.

matt

Razor
05-27-2004, 10:03
Lemme guess..."The Bourne Supremacy", followed by "The Bourne Ultimatum"? ;)

Solid
05-27-2004, 11:40
The Bourne Identity is a great book. Classical bestselling page-turner material, to cram in some cliches :)

The movie was nowhere near as good, but I thought that the way they played some of the action was interesting. It was really underplayed and had a realistic feel to it. Of course, I'm not saying it WAS realistic, but the divergence from normal 'bang bang BOOM' action movies was IMO appreciated.

Solid

DanUCSB
05-27-2004, 12:50
(Disclaimer: have not yet read the books, and so can only comment on the movies.)

I like the movie a lot, and am looking forward to this sequel. I like it because, while it's an action movie, it's not just a dumb shoot-em-up a la Jerry Bruckheimer... I like the cool, underplayed style and crisp look. It's a lot like Ronin (another favorite) in that sense, as well as Heat.

DunbarFC
06-04-2004, 15:22
Originally posted by Razor

Based on this I picked up "The Bourne Identity" last night

I see sleepless nights ahead