PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Leader Course

uscav_scout
07-29-2008, 16:54
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I dropped it in here.

I just got back from my first NCOES school, and I must say what a treat it was;), I won't go into a rant about the lowering of standards, the babying or the massive number of NCOs (haha) that were PT and/or height and weight failures. (If anyone wants to hear more about the garrison portion of WLC at Fort McCoy, I will oblige)

But what I am here to talk about is the STX portion the course, 96 hours of SFAS inspired fun (I am quoting the course manager here (SF & Ranger tabbed), for I know I am not in a position to comment on SFAS, or anything SF related). We had some interesting missions, personnel recovery (250 pound sandman via litter:lifter), water and ammo resupply, and a HMMWV push. All while being tactical and responding to ambushes IAW with FM 7-8. I know of several other soldiers that have recently attended WLC, and none of their experiences really parallel the one I had at Fort McCoy. So if you want a challenge, push for WLC at Fort McCoy, because I promise you will not be disappointed.

Shans84
07-30-2008, 11:04
The two week WLC school on bragg is just a cluster(*&^ in my opinion, I really feel like they are cheating us out two weeks of professional development. I don't know what they were thinking when they did this, hopefully they undo it ASAP.