PDA

View Full Version : College Political Science Class Assignment

zuluzerosix
07-26-2008, 15:37
Hello folks. I have something here you may be interested in. The HH6 is working towards an RN Degree (the 4 year plan). She is taking a Political Science class. There is a link below for a class exercise that she had to do. It was created by The Center On Congress at Indianna University. I thought maybe you would like to get a peek at what is going on in the college class room here in Northern California.

In the exercise you play a member of congress that has to vote on a constitutional amendment protecting the American Flag from being burned. You will attend meetings from other members, lobbyists and take phone calls from people in your district.

It takes about 20-30 minutes and you need sound. In the end you get to vote. I was shocked at the demographics they gave me at the end about how the real vote turned out.

Anyway, I thought that you all would like to see what kinds of things are going on in school right now.

Link is here. (http://congress.indiana.edu/modules/vote/main.html)

Guy
07-26-2008, 23:10
Any class along the lines of Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, etc. that I've taken in a N. CA college....

I was damn near thrown out of! Or I had work my ass off too dispel the BS professors put out.

GODDAMN depression started to set-in because of all the gloom & doom "rhetoric/indoctrination" preached on a daily basis.

Stay safe.

Richard
07-27-2008, 08:05
Guys,

BACKGROUND:

My MA is in International Relations (West European and Hebraic Studies) from Indiana University. My advisor, Professor Norm Furniss, was and remains a main player in the PoliSci Dept at IU, and also a main player in the teaching of high school history and government teachers. He is a very fair and balanced professor with whom I still correspond.

The attorney who argued the Texas v Johnson case before the USSC (Kathi Drew) is a parent of a former student of mine and a friend. We have her come in and talk to our seniors about the case and her experiences before the USSC and facing Wm Kunstler.

DISCUSSION:

To better understand the issues and the 'slippery slope' of potential loss of associated freedoms involved with this case, you have to listen to the oral arguments presented and the questioning by the justices. You can go to the following link and listen to the recorded arguments.

http://www.oyez.org/cases/1980-1989/1988/1988_88_155/

Richard :munchin

zuluzerosix
07-28-2008, 10:25
Guys,

BACKGROUND:

My MA is in International Relations (West European and Hebraic Studies) from Indiana University. My advisor, Professor Norm Furniss, was and remains a main player in the PoliSci Dept at IU, and also a main player in the teaching of high school history and government teachers. He is a very fair and balanced professor with whom I still correspond.

The attorney who argued the Texas v Johnson case before the USSC (Kathi Drew) is a parent of a former student of mine and a friend. We have her come in and talk to our seniors about the case and her experiences before the USSC and facing Wm Kunstler.

DISCUSSION:

To better understand the issues and the 'slippery slope' of potential loss of associated freedoms involved with this case, you have to listen to the oral arguments presented and the questioning by the justices. You can go to the following link and listen to the recorded arguments.

http://www.oyez.org/cases/1980-1989/1988/1988_88_155/

Richard :munchin

A most outstanding link.

Thank you.

jw74
07-28-2008, 16:07
I WAS thrown out of my International Relations class last spring. I was given the option of completing the course by writing a term paper. I wrote on the Iran Hostage Crisis and Eagle Claw. I doubt it was even read, but it gave me a chance to learn about something important to me, instead of the Prof's curREDculum.