PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment Resources for Overseas U.S. Citizens

Red Finch
07-26-2008, 11:50
As stated in my profile and introduction, I am a U.S. citizen currently living overseas, with an interest in a career in the Army and in particular, Special Forces. I have been using the internet to the full extent of my abilities, however as the information tends to flow in one direction, I have had difficulty finding solid answers to some of my more individual inquiries. For example, my suitability under the conditions outlined in AR 40-501.
If living in the states I would contact my local recruitment office, but to my knowledge, no such facilities exist outside the U.S. Upon visiting goarmy.com I was directed to fill in a question module for overseas residents, in which I used the 512 characters to ask to whom I might refer with such personal queries. However, the form was not properly formatted for addresses outside the U.S. and the answer proved unsatisfactory ("Thank you very much for emailing our Go Army website for your question. You must go through your local recruiter, in order to get in touch with MEPS."). Would anybody here be able to direct me to the proper authorities?

Scimitar
07-26-2008, 15:42
PM inbound RF.

S