PDA

View Full Version : Israel Del Toro

Monsoon65
07-11-2008, 20:19
Swamps post of the TACP being awarded the Silver Star reminded me of this lecture I heard.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/av/lectures.asp

Del Toro was a TACP that was badly burned in A-stan. You have to admire a guy that titles his lecture, ""The Day I Went Boom."

MtnGoat
07-12-2008, 09:30
Nice link.. THX

RockJ1C4
11-25-2008, 17:13
DT is a good friend of mine and I have sat with him and had a few beers. His story is amazing at how much he remembers about that day. His will to survive is stronger than anyone I have ever met. DT said they told him he would never talk without some kind of assistance or walk without a wheelchair. He is not only giving speeches but he is also running. He ran his first mile earlier this year at 18 minutes. Not to bad for somebody who was not suppose to walk. He is on his 100th something surgery and he keeps pressing on. He has many motivation stories that keep him going. If you ever see him tell him Rock sent ya.

SF_BHT
11-25-2008, 18:51
DT is a good friend of mine and I have sat with him and had a few beers. His story is amazing at how much he remembers about that day. His will to survive is stronger than anyone I have ever met. DT said they told him he would never talk without some kind of assistance or walk without a wheelchair. He is not only giving speeches but he is also running. He ran his first mile earlier this year at 18 minutes. Not to bad for somebody who was not suppose to walk. He is on his 100th something surgery and he keeps pressing on. He has many motivation stories that keep him going. If you ever see him tell him Rock sent ya.

OK STOP POSTING :eek::confused:

Read the e-mail you received and comply with our policy.