PDA

View Full Version : 550 Cord

SF_BHT
07-11-2008, 07:09
I am way out here and I am finally running out of supplies.

I need to see if someone can go to one of your rigger sheds and get me a Roll of 550 Cord. I am down to my last 20 feet and can not live with out it in this job. I would have gotten some the last trip to the US but I did not know that a bunch of agents would steal my last little bit.

Will be more willing to return the favor with Trade Goods from down here. Pisco, etc......
A Roll will last a long time and help as I conduct Opns in the Jungle and coast here. :munchin

OK YES Ordering it through USDOJ could be done but last time I tried it took 2 years. They do not seam to know how to us NSN's...

Thanks
Bryan

The Reaper
07-11-2008, 07:26
I am way out here and I am finally running out of supplies.

I need to see if someone can go to one of your rigger sheds and get me a Roll of 550 Cord. I am down to my last 20 feet and can not live with out it in this job. I would have gotten some the last trip to the US but I did not know that a bunch of agents would steal my last little bit.

Will be more willing to return the favor with Trade Goods from down here. Pisco, etc......
A Roll will last a long time and help as I conduct Opns in the Jungle and coast here. :munchin

OK YES Ordering it through USDOJ could be done but last time I tried it took 2 years. They do not seam to know how to us NSN's...

Thanks
Bryan

I just bought the last couple of rolls I needed off the internet.

I think ebay has sellers with it in significant qualtities.

Just my .02.

TR

Team Sergeant
07-11-2008, 10:01
Check out the specialforces.com store......;) You might want to tell the LTC that owns the website you are former SF and maybe he'll cut you a deal....:munchin

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MHR305-1467-584.html

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp;jsessionid=HK4OPCLWC100LLAQBBKCCONMCAEFKI WE?id=0030002516838a&type=product&cmCat=froogle&cm_ven=data_feed&cm_cat=froogle&cm_pla=0470395&cm_ite=0030002516838a&_requestid=31844

http://www.specialforces.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=27489&cat=599&page=1

Soft Target
07-11-2008, 15:20
Thanks for handling it that way. What I would expect from QPs, at least the ones I served with. A long time ago, I commanded the rigger company in the 101 and the real sin involved problems like this. As long as it was for mission accomplishment and NOT personal gain, I overlooked it (I hope the Statute of Limitations ran out). Situational ethics? Oh I guess so, Dave

SF_BHT
07-11-2008, 16:10
I just bought the last couple of rolls I needed off the internet.

I think ebay has sellers with it in significant qualtities.

Just my .02.

TR

TR

Last one I ordered via internet way was that knock off 550 cord even though they guaranteed it was Milspec. That is why I was trying to get it via this thread. Did a Poncho Drop and it broke. The real stuff did not. Rigged one of our boats and it broke again in route.

Soft Target

This is for USG Use "Official Mission". This is not Personnal. I would hate to have some supply guy to have one less on the shelf.

TS

I will check out SpecialForces.com/store They may have the real stuff.
Thanks