PDA

View Full Version : PS.com Knife

NousDefionsDoc
07-10-2008, 22:08
Who has one and wants to discuss sheath options. I really like it and want to carry it on my belt EDC. The kydex is good after I dremeled it down ala TR, but I would like a nylon as well. It rains here and gets really hot.

SF_BHT
07-11-2008, 06:58
I have one and was looking at it the other day thinking how to make an nother sheath. I am in the market for something that works well in a Hot ,Humid OK "WET" environment. It is strapped on my gear right now and I will check it next week when I get back from Brazils Jungle and see how the origional sheath worked.

NousDefionsDoc
07-23-2008, 22:29
Hey! Are we going to talk about this or what?

lksteve
07-24-2008, 00:17
Hey! Are we going to talk about this or what?Sure...I've had mine all week and still have all my digits...the problem is that I don't have the same needs you do...and I honestly don't see me carrying this as a survey knife...but I am all ears...in a manner of speaking...

jatx
07-24-2008, 07:26
The standard sheath zip-ties to PALS webbing very nicely. However, it sure would be nice if Bladetech made a similar sheath with a 2" clip for IWB carry. :munchin

SF_BHT
07-24-2008, 07:56
A clip would be nice. I have it attached to my gear and while in the Jungle in Brazil on the Last OPN it did OK. I do have it mounted for bottom pull which keeps out the rain. I did lube it up before going and all I had to do is wipe it down later. I do not store it in the sheath so any excess lube or moisture will not effect the blade.

my 2 cents

The Reaper
07-24-2008, 08:03
I would like to see a nice compact nylon sheath with a Kydex liner, capable of vertical or horizontal attachments to a belt up to 2" wide.

I may ask a buddy in the business to see what he can do with it.

TR

jatx
07-24-2008, 10:36
I would like to see a nice compact nylon sheath with a Kydex liner, capable of vertical or horizontal attachments to a belt up to 2" wide.

I may ask a buddy in the business to see what he can do with it.

TR

It seems like I saw something like that for the Strider NSN knives that were in the system (about the same size, too)...

eggroll
08-07-2008, 19:09
just bought one and am awaiting delivery.

Looking forward to seeing what comes forth :D

NousDefionsDoc
10-06-2008, 18:32
http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/product_info.php?cPath=41_56&products_id=651

Will this work? Can a dumbass put it on? What tools do I need?

chance
10-06-2008, 19:00
NousDefionsDoc,
Yes that will work for a belt clip, Its also very easy to put on I've used that companys belt clip before, and last but not least the only tools that you need are a drill, and drill bit the appropriate size for the screws and two flat blade screw drivers. I hope that helps.

NousDefionsDoc
10-06-2008, 19:18
NousDefionsDoc,
Yes that will work for a belt clip, Its also very easy to put on I've used that companys belt clip before, and last but not least the only tools that you need are a drill, and drill bit the appropriate size for the screws and two flat blade screw drivers. I hope that helps.

It helps a lot. I don't have to take the sheath apart or anything do I? Can you explain how to do it please?

cornelyj
10-06-2008, 19:32
It helps a lot. I don't have to take the sheath apart or anything do I? Can you explain how to do it please?

Yes please do... I have access to a machine shop, and I would love to tinker with the sheath a little. I have wrapped it up with a little 550 cord to be able to attach to a belt loop but the results were less than desirable. That part looks like the ticket. If I ever get around to ordering it I'll take some before, middle and after pics within operation.

cornelyj
10-06-2008, 19:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lczZWgN4Kg

I guess this is the basic technique for making the kydex sheath...

Geee I wonder if we could get some of those master craftsmen over here to give us some kydex sheath working tips...:)

chance
10-06-2008, 20:38
NousDefionsDoc,
If that is the knife and sheath that were talking about in cornelyj pictures then yes you may have to take it apart, it's really easy to put on, if you look at the pictures of the clips on there web page you will see two holes that have been reinforced with a metal rivets. You drill two holes in your sheath that matches those holes then place the blind screws threw the holes in the belt clip and sheath and tighten down the screws. Now you may have to take the sheath apart or you may be able to get it tight just buy holding it with your finger inside the sheath.

p.s. I hope this helps it very hard to explain things with two glasses of Jack Daniels single barrel running threw my veins.:D

NousDefionsDoc
10-06-2008, 21:11
The one in the picture is the one.

Trip_Wire (RIP)
10-06-2008, 21:53
The standard sheath zip-ties to PALS webbing very nicely. However, it sure would be nice if Bladetech made a similar sheath with a 2" clip for IWB carry. :munchin

That would be nice! I too would like to carry it IWB on occasion. So, I'm interested in a new sheath too. :lifter

Knife #79

chance
10-07-2008, 17:03
If you want Sir or Sgt, I would be more the willing to do the work just get me the pieces that I ask for and I can do it I have all the tools.

NousDefionsDoc
10-07-2008, 23:21
PM me what you need...

x SF med
10-20-2008, 18:50
If you want Sir or Sgt, ...

Nice job covering your bases like that... I wonder if NDD fits either of those categories.

NDD- let me know how the sheath surgery works for you - I am still trying to figure out how I want to modify mine.

Bill Harsey
10-20-2008, 19:30
Geee I wonder if we could get some of those master craftsmen over here to give us some kydex sheath working tips...:)

Good thing your not talking about anyone around this place.

Let's talk about Kydex details with some "craftsman" backup and it's not going to be harder than it has to be unless this is all solved.

NousDefionsDoc
10-20-2008, 22:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lczZWgN4Kg

I guess this is the basic technique for making the kydex sheath...

You want to clarify that statement?

NousDefionsDoc
10-20-2008, 22:28
I want to clarify something. There is nothing wrong with the sheath as is. It is obviously made to attach to MOLLE and works well for that. I simply don't wear MOLLE anymore. I carry my knife in the sheath in my bag, but I would like to wear it on my belt so I have it even when I don't have my bag.

It seems to be a simple fix with about $5 worth of hardware and a decent mind.

cornelyj
10-21-2008, 08:59
off to work and class for the 2 days but I'll be back to ask the questions I have.... (not ignoring the thread)

cornelyj
10-29-2008, 09:38
ordered parts and getting my questions ready when the assembly gets to me in the mail.

Bill Harsey
10-29-2008, 19:05
ordered parts and getting my questions ready when the assembly gets to me in the mail.

cornelyji,
It's been a tough week around here for some of us and my sense of humor has not yet returned.
Before you post again will you please address the question posed to you by NousDefionsDoc in post #22 of this thread?

cornelyj
10-31-2008, 13:13
Sorry about that lack of sa on my part looked as though it was a question for everyone.

I was just looking into the basic techniques and construction of the sheath in general and more particularly the Kydex sheath option. I have made a couple hammered knives but never a sheath; I will admit though they are lacking in the quality department but never hours spent on grinder or rat tail.

I have ordered Kydex material and the option mentioned earlier in this thread of belt/molle and a few cheap bits and pieces. Before I mess up any material on the pretty PS knife I will try and make a sheath for one of my camp knives.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm starting from square one on how to put a sheath together.
How do you select your pressure locking point on the blade?
Advice on types of heating? and temperature ranges beside supplies stats from manufacturer? I have read people heating with knife and pressure in place and vise versa where heat and pressure then no knife which do you use and why?
What thickness do you prefer for smaller/larger knives?

Again hopefully I will have more detailed questions and pictures to follow.

Again this question is aimed at anyone.

Bill Harsey
10-31-2008, 17:51
Before you post again will you please address the question posed to you by NousDefionsDoc in post #22 of this thread?

Cornelyj,
Last try.

cornelyj
11-02-2008, 16:02
I'm sorry I was actually stating that I thought you guys were master craftsmen. I really was asking for advice; not a hint of mockery. If it came out that I was jokingly calling you "master craftsmen" you are wrong no pun or trick words. I am always amazed at the knives that are posted on this site. All bought and made and of course all the work but you Mr. Harsey. Again I will apologize for my SA and hopefully you will except and help guide me to make a sheath. Sorry it took long to get back to you this weekend was Fl.vs.GA and I was in Jacksonville.

Razor
11-02-2008, 16:13
Thanks for the explanation, cornelyj.

Bill Harsey
11-03-2008, 09:18
Thanks for the explanation, cornelyj.

Agreed, Thank you.

I have an idea, the forming of kydex might be useful for things besides edged tools and is going to take up some room so I will start a new thread here in the knives area called "Forming Kydex".
I invite some of our other knifemakers or anyone with experience to jump in and help.

Mr. Brock, Mr. Carey?

Edited to add and with apologies, Piter?

SF_BHT
11-03-2008, 09:34
Good Idea Bill

Bill Harsey
11-03-2008, 09:42
Good Idea Bill

Thanks, it has started, maybe not in the correct place but started.

cornelyj
11-03-2008, 13:18
Thank You... I will be at ease in the reading position.