PDA

View Full Version : Eggroll Does it Again! Med Leg Rig

NousDefionsDoc
05-22-2004, 08:02
I, through the efforts of several friends, received the EGL Med Leg Panel Type I Mod 0 in time to use it last week. Excellent piece of kit. While probably not designed for it, I used while walking on a long gun range in the mountains. Mud, rain, cold, long walks alone with time to self-reflect. I put a couple of trauma items and some snivel meds, just to fill the pouches until I can pack it right.
Very comfortable and well thought out. Construction is excellent. Everything is easy to reach and right there. Plus it offsets the weight on the other side. The little flap pouch can be used for a one or two mag dumper - I also carried a radio in there for a while.

I treated a MCL sprain, several cases of scope eye, headaches, sunburn, brass burns to the neck, etc. All from the leg panel. Excellent piece of kit. This and the TTFRB will almost make a big bag unnecessary on the range. Highly recommended. If you are a medic, get this. Well done GearMaster.

Surgicalcric
05-22-2004, 08:16
Damn if that does not look familiar. :D

Eagle5US
05-22-2004, 10:50
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
I, through the efforts of several friends, received the EGL Med Leg Panel Type I Mod 0 in time to use it last week. Excellent piece of kit. While probably not designed for it, I used while walking on a long gun range in the mountains. Mud, rain, cold, long walks alone with time to self-reflect. I put a couple of trauma items and some snivel meds, just to fill the pouches until I can pack it right.
Very comfortable and well thought out. Construction is excellent. Everything is easy to reach and right there. Plus it offsets the weight on the other side. The little flap pouch can be used for a one or two mag dumper - I also carried a radio in there for a while.

I treated a MCL sprain, several cases of scope eye, headaches, sunburn, brass burns to the neck, etc. All from the leg panel. Excellent piece of kit. This and the TTFRB will almost make a big bag unnecessary on the range. Highly recommended. If you are a medic, get this. Well done GearMaster.

Cost and ordering information please...I would like 2, one in black, and one in tan...
Hey, are the pouches re-configurable??? I could mix up the black and tan ones and everyone will think I have a rottweiller puppy strapped to my thigh :D
Seriously...ordering info please and time for delivery...Thanks for the AAR NDD

Eagle

NousDefionsDoc
05-22-2004, 10:55
The pouches are not reconfigurable (is that a word?) on the one I have. I'll let Egg answer the rest. You will not be disappointed, I wasn't.

eggroll
05-22-2004, 18:17
Eagle

This medical leg rig ran the original customer 95.00.

if you are interested, please contact offline
darrin -at- geardo-dot-com

NousDefionsDoc
05-22-2004, 21:43
Is this the first one of these you did?

eggroll
05-23-2004, 09:25
err yup.

the green trim on khaki was a customer request as was the pocket placement. The adjustability and fit ought to be slightly :p familiar ....

I was actually going to build some slightly smaller too.

EGG

NousDefionsDoc
05-23-2004, 09:37
I don't think I would build it any smaller. The pouches seem to be a perfect fit for the current trends in bandages, etc. I'll pack it out and get some pics if I can find a camera.

eggroll
05-23-2004, 11:25
if anyone is interested - the footprint of this rig is just 'slightly' bigger than an 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper.

NousDefionsDoc
05-23-2004, 11:57
Originally posted by eggroll
if anyone is interested - the footprint of this rig is just 'slightly' bigger than an 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper.

Right. For me just the right size. Any bigger and it could become unweildy. any smaller and you can't put anything in it.

NousDefionsDoc
06-01-2004, 18:04
Eggs Leg in Action

NousDefionsDoc
06-01-2004, 18:08
No Mr. Harsey that ain't a cattle auction (before you ask).

LOL

See folks, same old PC, same cat eyes. That hat is probably older than Solid. LOL

The Reaper
06-01-2004, 18:16
Lookin' strong there, Doc!

Looks like that pouch is full of whatever you need to keep the boys training.

Nice ink too. What is it?

TR

NousDefionsDoc
06-01-2004, 18:26
That's the first one I had, right after jump school.

My favorite is the Nous Defions skull on the back of my neck.

eggroll
06-01-2004, 19:29
Once I get my current orders filled I am looking to build a variation on the medical leg rig... Any suggestions?

How is that rig working out?

EGG

NousDefionsDoc
06-01-2004, 19:50
Couple of things:
1. Needs a snap or two on the velcroed inner pocket. When you really pack it, the velcro doesn't stay closed too good.

2. Bandage scissor pocket somewhere. Maybe one like on the TT FRB.

3. I like two leg straps. Just personal preference that may not suit lesser men. This one works very well though.

Other than those minor things, I can't really think of anything else. Excellent work Egg.