PDA

View Full Version : A Philly PA Fourth

BMT (RIP)
07-02-2008, 17:22
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/columnists/chris_satullo/20080701_Chris_Satullo__A_not-so-glorious_Fourth.html

BMT

tom kelly
07-02-2008, 18:04
If for some reason you do come to Philadelphia,Pa. for the 4th of July celebrations, REMEMBER TO PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES, 3 Philadelphia Police Officers were MURDERED while on duty and in uniform in the past year or so. The criminal element has no fear and will not hesitate to assualt you with deadly intentions Just my .02 Regard's, tk PS The reporter who wrote that article works for The Philadelphia Inquirer an ultra liberal biased "newspaper"

tom kelly
07-02-2008, 18:06
If any QP's are in the area PM me. Regard's,tk

Five-O
07-03-2008, 06:17
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/columnists/chris_satullo/20080701_Chris_Satullo__A_not-so-glorious_Fourth.html
BMT

Typical liberal drival from this feckless and flacid excuse for a man. This guy has long been known for his radical/white guilt/American guilt articles and editorials. Towards the end of this piece of shits article he mentions "Heros in uniform," opposed Bushs war and policies simply to cover his rear end. It's an obvious attempt to hide his true feelings of loathing and hatred for the men and women in uniform who place their lives on the line everyday to ensure he can write this crap.

Happy 4th.

Richard
07-03-2008, 09:13
Read the responses from the locals to see how well--NOT--thought of this guy's opinions are in the area.

Compare his ideas with those of VDH:

http://www.victorhanson.com/articles/hanson062708.html

Security and Freedom

A third postmodern tenet that has curtailed free expression is what I would call moral equivalence, or the inability to discern Western and non-Western pathologies. As a strain of multiculturalism, moral equivalence seeks to do away with any notion of calibration and magnitude, and place impossible burdens of perfection upon Western societies.

Sometimes the Western misdemeanor is defined down as equivalent to another culture’s felony. Abu Ghraib, for example, where no Iraqi detainees perished, is the equivalent of either a Nazi Stalag or Soviet Gulag, where millions were starved to death or executed. After all, all three were penal camps and therefore roughly equivalent in ethical terms.

Context becomes irrelevant. The invasion of Iraq — approved by an elected Senate, argued over at the United Nations, intended to remove a genocidal dictator and leave a constitutional government in its wake — is no different from the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, the result of a communist dictatorship desire to crush an anti-Soviet neighbor, waged ruthlessly against a civilian population, and resulting in the installation of an authoritarian puppet government.

Standards of censure are never equally applied: We worry whether an errant bomb killed Iraqi civilians; silence ensues when Russians nearly obliterate Grozny and kill tens of thousands of civilians. The mishandling of the federal government’s response to Hurricane Katrina, one of the five worst natural disasters in the nation’s history, in which 1,836 Americans were killed, is singular evidence of American racism and incompetence; nearly 300,000 were lost in an Indonesian Tsunami, a Burmese Hurricane accounted for 100,000 dead, and a Chinese earthquake took 50,000 lives — and few remarked either on the incompetence of these governments in reacting to such a staggering loss of life, or the failure of such states to provide safe and adequate housing for their populations in the first place.

Richard's $.02 :munchin

PS - I'm spending the 4th with a few friends. Menu of the Day - hot dogs Chicago style, coleslaw and potato salad from Spring Creek Barbecue, corn on the cob, salsa and chips, watermelon, and Shinerbock beer...and I'm not inviting the likes of Mr Satullo to enjoy it with me. :p

BMT (RIP)
07-03-2008, 09:23
Richard watch that watermelon!!! Doc's say almost as great as the little blue pill.

BMT

Five-O
07-03-2008, 11:02
http://www.victorhanson.com/articles/hanson062708.html

Security and Freedom
PS - I'm spending the 4th with a few friends. Menu of the Day - hot dogs Chicago style, coleslaw and potato salad from Spring Creek Barbecue, corn on the cob, salsa and chips, watermelon, and Shinerbock beer...and I'm not inviting the likes of Mr Satullo to enjoy it with me. :p

Richard,
Satullo would not be able to make it anyway....he is examining just where America went wrong..:rolleyes:...and crying in his white wine spritzer.