PDA

View Full Version : This is the truth about American servicemen

Sweetbriar
07-02-2008, 15:34
and women. This photograph has held my attention for the last two days. It's emblematic of who we are as a people, in and out of uniform. None of the exceptions or anecdotal evidence otherwise makes that untrue, and we need to keep the truth before our eyes and follow after it.

Trust (http://soldiersangelsgermany.blogspot.com/2008/06/trust.html)

Richard
07-02-2008, 16:07
Maybe that's one of the reasons we don't get along too well with the Muslim world--we love our kids and our dogs...and don't think much of those who don't. :)

Richard's $.02

dennisw
07-02-2008, 16:15
This photograph has held my attention for the last two days. It's emblematic of who we are as a people, in and out of uniform. None of the exceptions or anecdotal evidence otherwise makes that untrue, and we need to keep the truth before our eyes and follow after it.

+1

Maybe that's one of the reasons we don't get along too well with the Muslim world--we love our kids and our dogs...and don't think much of those who don't.

It don't get any simpler than that.

Gypsy
07-02-2008, 18:06
Very touching...

The second picture brought back an old memory of me as a wee lass learning how to dance with my dad, my feet on his. :)

HOLLiS
07-02-2008, 19:44
Maybe that's one of the reasons we don't get along too well with the Muslim world--we love our kids and our dogs...and don't think much of those who don't. :)

Richard's $.02

Golda Mier sad that, well similar. For the Information age, some information is moving very slowly.

Paste Eater
07-02-2008, 20:09
Maybe that's one of the reasons we don't get along too well with the Muslim world--we love our kids and our dogs

With respect, Iraqis (As well as most of the Muslim world) treasure their children, can't say the same for the dogs though :D

Great picture! :)

FMF DOC
07-02-2008, 21:41
Very touching, age of innocence. Is there such a thing anymore?

AngelsSix
07-02-2008, 22:42
Posted by Paste Eater [/QUOTE]With respect, Iraqis (As well as most of the Muslim world) treasure their children, can't say the same for the dogs though [QUOTE]

I agree that they hate dogs. But they do not always treasure their children. I cannot tell you how many kids hung around us just for food, with no shoes, coats, dirty, sick. I realize that the country is in bad shape, but it amazed me that these kids could literally spend the whole day and do this for a week straight. If I was out of my mother's sight for more than 30 minutes and she didn't know where I was, she would come looking.
Some of these kids were just barely over 5. Sad indeed.

lrd
07-03-2008, 04:39
Very touching...

The second picture brought back an old memory of me as a wee lass learning how to dance with my dad, my feet on his. :)

Gypsy,

I was thinking the same thing! He would fuss about me taking the shine off of his boots, but that was part of the game.

Great pictures, Sweetbriar. Thanks for posting.

JJ_BPK
07-03-2008, 05:17
Great topic and well stated,,
Another great motivational poster to add to the lot,,
Thanks

Paste Eater
07-03-2008, 20:03
Posted by Paste Eater With respect, Iraqis (As well as most of the Muslim world) treasure their children, can't say the same for the dogs though

I agree that they hate dogs. But they do not always treasure their children. I cannot tell you how many kids hung around us just for food, with no shoes, coats, dirty, sick. I realize that the country is in bad shape, but it amazed me that these kids could literally spend the whole day and do this for a week straight. If I was out of my mother's sight for more than 30 minutes and she didn't know where I was, she would come looking.
Some of these kids were just barely over 5. Sad indeed.

Noted, mine would do the same :)

It's a shame we all aren't/weren't as lucky.

On the other hand, coming from rural Southern Ohio it wasn't unreal to go to school with kids who had dirt floors, no clothes, etc etc. It's a sad fact even if they wanted to, the parents couldn't do a damned thing. (Then again, being lazy, not relocating, and all the crap that goes with the culture here is a whole different story.) I remember when I brought my college girl friend home for the first time and she saw some of the houses along the roads in the back hills.

"people actually live there?"

cleveland chicks :rolleyes:

SF_BHT
07-03-2008, 20:49
Jr.. With respect Have you been there?
I would bet NO but I may be wrong. I have been there and I have seen for over a total of 6+ years how they live, act, etc. I have been to 9 different Muslim countries and can speak from experience.

General statements are not always received well from me but.......... A large amount of the people there do allow their kids out and on the street for days at end. Some have a great love for their family but many do not. Look at how they treat their girls/women. They have no value other than cooking/cleaning/reproduction/etc. When any male in the family can judge and execute a girl for dishonoring the family well that to me and most any one else means they do not value their kids.:munchin
And everyone knows about the Dogs........... Look at our NFL Player that hates dogs also.

With respect, Iraqis (As well as most of the Muslim world) treasure their children, can't say the same for the dogs though

Noted, mine would do the same :)

It's a shame we all aren't/weren't as lucky.

On the other hand, coming from rural Southern Ohio it wasn't unreal to go to school with kids who had dirt floors, no clothes, etc etc. It's a sad fact even if they wanted to, the parents couldn't do a damned thing. (Then again, being lazy, not relocating, and all the crap that goes with the culture here is a whole different story.) I remember when I brought my college girl friend home for the first time and she saw some of the houses along the roads in the back hills.

"people actually live there?"

cleveland chicks :rolleyes: