BMT (RIP)
07-02-2008, 12:59
http://www.slate.com/id/2000278/entry/1007988/

Nothing surprise's me about Clark.

BMT

The Reaper
07-02-2008, 14:24
I have worked with him before.

To me, the BLUF is that he is an arrogant asshole.

TR

Jack Moroney (RIP)
07-02-2008, 14:39
I have worked with him before.

To me the BLUF is that he is an arrogant asshole.

TR

I feel your pain: Courtenay Massengale in Once an Eagle could not have been type cast better. He is the epitome of the worst example of a GO I can think of.

rudelsg2
07-03-2008, 08:35
Clark said it was "because in the matters of national security policy-making, it's a matter of understanding risk. It's a matter of gauging your opponents and it's a matter of being held accountable.

Right and Clark knows ALL about that....

Anyone remember:
__________________________________________________ ___________
Priština International Airport

One of Clark's most argued decisions during his SACEUR command was his attempted operation at Priština International Airport immediately after the end of the Kosovo War. Russian forces had arrived in Kosovo and were heading for the airport on June 12, 1999, two days after the bombing campaign ended, expecting to help police that section of Kosovo. Clark, on the other hand, had planned for the Kosovo Force to police the area. Clark called then-Secretary General of NATO Javier Solana, and was told "of course you have to get to the airport" and "you have transfer of authority" in the area. The British commander of the Kosovo Force, General Mike Jackson, however refused to block the Russians through military action saying "I'm not going to start the Third World War for you." Jackson has said he refused to take action because he did not believe it was worth the risk of a military confrontation with the Russians. American General Hugh Shelton called Jackson's refusal "troubling," and hearings in the United States Senate suggested it may amount to insubordination, with Senator John Warner suggesting holding hearings regarding whether the refusal was legal and potentially changing those rules if it was. British Chief of the Defence Staff Charles Guthrie, however, agreed with Jackson and told Clark this on the day Jackson refused the order. Russian eventually withdrew its aid, as some nations, including Bulgaria and Romania (both of which sought eventual NATO membership), disallowed Russian aircraft to fly over their territory, halting their ability to bring in forces.
__________________________________________________ ___________

Wesley Clark has a personal axe to grind with McCain since he was on the Armed Forces subcommittee at the time and probably was connected to Clark's "early" dismissal.

Ahh, Kosovo another little diversionary excursion, we did not need to get involved with, unless Clark's personnel vendetta against Milosevic counts as national security.

SOGvet
07-08-2008, 10:36
When Clark was at SOUTHCOM, he had a picture of him and Bill Clinton on his desk - the only picture on his desk.

Says a lot about the man's politics. I wonder if he has a stain on the front of his dress blues.. ala Ms. Lewinsky..

CPTAUSRET
07-08-2008, 12:07
When Clark was at SOUTHCOM, he had a picture of him and Bill Clinton on his desk - the only picture on his desk.

Says a lot about the man's politics. I wonder if he has a stain on the front of his dress blues.. ala Ms. Lewinsky..

No doubt he would have disapproved of my frank discussion with Pres Clinton.

I have never heard anyone say anything positive re his military career!

longrange1947
07-08-2008, 18:32
My son's father in law is a retired 3 star, you should hear his opinion. :munchin

Arwr
07-26-2008, 07:43
I don't know what it is, But I just don't like the ?Ł$#@!. Maybe, it's the fact that the guiac test of the brown stain on his nose came up positive. It makes one wonder if Wes has been a little too aggressive in attempting to get his head up Bill's ass.

And, yes I did notice the stain on his dress blues.

The man is void of virtue.

Arwr

stuW
07-26-2008, 20:24
The trend on this forum seems to be negatives about Clark. Doesn't promotion require the support from superiors and to a degree, those below? if so, how was he able to get promoted?

stu

The Reaper
07-26-2008, 21:23
Doesn't promotion require the support from superiors and to a degree, those below? if so, how was he able to get promoted?

stu

Hahaha, you really haven't served yet, have you?

TR

Jack Moroney (RIP)
07-27-2008, 05:15
The trend on this forum seems to be negatives about Clark. Doesn't promotion require the support from superiors and to a degree, those below? if so, how was he able to get promoted?stu

I was once told by several GOs that promotion to 06 was the last promotion you earn. From that point on it is an old boys club. Think about it, there are very few GOs in the Army based on the number of other ranks and who promotes GOs..............................yes, are you thinking about it.........................right other GOs. As far as support from below, if you have a bunch of responsible, hard charging subordinates who care for their soliders and want to ensure that they succeed they will do what is necessary to take care of the troops and consequently the unit succeeds. It is not so much a measure of the man at the top as it is the success of the unit and, while some make it impossible to succeed because they are inept, some will move on because of the efforts and pride of their troops for the unit and each other. When you look at an officer you need to look behind the man and see from whence he came, it can tell you volumes of why he is where he is and therefore, grasshopper, not all GOs are created the same. What do you know about Weasely's background? As TR said in very polite terms, you really have no idea of the inner workings of those that would be king and the support groups they have created to maintain the throne.