PDA

View Full Version : Joint Commission Observers (JCO) BH/RS

Ret10Echo
06-23-2008, 05:49
I'm not sure how many guys are wandering the halls here that spent time as JCOs in BH, but thought I would toss out the idea and see who has some memories or stories.

This is a result of running into the following blog that had some photos of the RS and Mostar....

I spent my time in the SOCCE and Doboj house.....

R10

http://www.michaeltotten.com/archives/2008/06/the-road-to-kos.php

rudelsg2
06-23-2008, 08:02
After my merciful release from the SOCCE; I spent the rest of my time doing some great OJT work at the Zvornik house.
Work that would come in handy way later down the road (just did not realize it at the time).

Digging through my box of junk or memories (what it is called depends on how much space it takes up), I found these items from that trip.

Pigpen
06-23-2008, 08:32
Ocuchani <sp>
Banja Luka
Bugonjo (The House of Pain)
Sarajevo

When it was all said and done I realized I had lived in BH for over two years.

The photos of Zvornik, were those before or after the Rpg attack?

rudelsg2
06-23-2008, 08:44
I believe it was one or two rotation before.

Razor
06-23-2008, 09:00
Was that the RPG attack when the dive team was there?

rudelsg2
06-23-2008, 09:06
Roger, Jim B. who was in the room that was hit, talked of the carrot going over his head as he lay in his bed.

The Reaper
06-23-2008, 09:21
Bet that was fun to watch.:D

TR

Pigpen
06-23-2008, 10:07
The guy in the bed was Howie (cannot remember full name, I was in Banja Luka that rotation) and yes it was the dive team (083/5) at the time.

rudelsg2
06-23-2008, 10:28
I'm sure there were quite a few guys in that room. If I remember correctly there were only two sleeping rooms, the one down stairs and the one up stairs and both had guys stacked like fire wood living in them. Not the most spacious house, like some of the others. :boohoo
I just know the Jim B. version; hell I may have it wrong, I have had a few concusions since then.

Firebeef
06-23-2008, 17:08
Dober Dan!! Sta ima danas??

I spent the first tour with LCE RObat in Zenica. Once the Romanians proved they could "handle" it without us Americans, I was dispatched to puzzle palace Central, CJSOTF-Sarajevo, for a lovely 2 months working with some boys with British accents, and some SEALS who mostly lived by their true motto: Sleep, EAt and Lift!! When that fun time was over, I spent time at the JCO house in Livno for one of the greatest experiences in my career .....up to that point.

The next years festivities saw our ODA assigned to MND-South, when the rest of our company was dispatched North. This initially caused some concern to our Team SGT. I went on the site survey, piggy backed after a JCET to Lithuania, and once I got to Buna (the JCO house outside of Mostar) I told him:
"joe, you're gonna have to trust me on this one.....THIS is the shits!!"

JCO Buna......swimming pools, movie stars!! and I'm not kidding! Not to mention frequent forays into the RS (Republik Srpska) to keep it real. There were very real tensions between East and West Mostar. We hunkered down the night the French defeated the Croats in the World cup for some "countercelebratory fire". We had "rioting in the Streets" of Stolac (an inside joke).....and of course frequent and nocturnal visits from "Heads of State" (also an inside joke). One of the most rewarding experiences ever!!
Wish you could have been there, Razor!!!

Firebeef
06-23-2008, 19:37
went out and had these made.

pic #1: our "quarters" at ROBAT in Zenica, BiH

pic #2: the pool in front of our "quarters" in Buna, BiH

pic #3: some random dork overlooking Dubrovnik, HR ;)

I know...I know....we had it rough!!! :D
As far as the quarters in Zenica, they were bad, but the Romanian soldiers had it worse. Our Warrant absolutley refused to be housed with the Romanian Officers, who btw, didn't have quite so bad.

The pool pic is from one of our "Social functions" which were entirely legal and sanctioned for JCOs. Probably 4th of July, but it could have been one of several we hosted.:rolleyes:

alfromcolorado
06-27-2008, 05:45
Buna, eh? I did some time there with the Humanitarian Demining Mission for DOS, just over the bridge over the Neretva River...

Dober Dan!! Sta ima danas??

I spent the first tour with LCE RObat in Zenica. Once the Romanians proved they could "handle" it without us Americans, I was dispatched to puzzle palace Central, CJSOTF-Sarajevo, for a lovely 2 months working with some boys with British accents, and some SEALS who mostly lived by their true motto: Sleep, EAt and Lift!! When that fun time was over, I spent time at the JCO house in Livno for one of the greatest experiences in my career .....up to that point.

The next years festivities saw our ODA assigned to MND-South, when the rest of our company was dispatched North. This initially caused some concern to our Team SGT. I went on the site survey, piggy backed after a JCET to Lithuania, and once I got to Buna (the JCO house outside of Mostar) I told him:
"joe, you're gonna have to trust me on this one.....THIS is the shits!!"

JCO Buna......swimming pools, movie stars!! and I'm not kidding! Not to mention frequent forays into the RS (Republik Srpska) to keep it real. There were very real tensions between East and West Mostar. We hunkered down the night the French defeated the Croats in the World cup for some "countercelebratory fire". We had "rioting in the Streets" of Stolac (an inside joke).....and of course frequent and nocturnal visits from "Heads of State" (also an inside joke). One of the most rewarding experiences ever!!

Razor
06-27-2008, 08:36

Me too, brother, if for no other reason than to listen to Joe's running commentary on the virtues of Gallic culture. :D

CoLawman
06-27-2008, 09:18
That seems odd that you could have dependents with you. The picture of your son in the third photo bears a striking resemblance of you!

went out and had these made.

pic #1: our "quarters" at ROBAT in Zenica, BiH

pic #2: the pool in front of our "quarters" in Buna, BiH

pic #3: some random dork overlooking Dubrovnik, HR ;)

I know...I know....we had it rough!!! :D
As far as the quarters in Zenica, they were bad, but the Romanian soldiers had it worse. Our Warrant absolutley refused to be housed with the Romanian Officers, who btw, didn't have quite so bad.

The pool pic is from one of our "Social functions" which were entirely legal and sanctioned for JCOs. Probably 4th of July, but it could have been one of several we hosted.:rolleyes:

SF18C
06-27-2008, 12:41
One word for all you that got stuck in crappy team houses or imprisioned at Tuzla...

Bijeljina

Or as we referred to it Babe-a-lina! It was in the NE sector of the Republika Srpska! We never did find out what they put in the water but it we were positive it enhanced the female bust line! So many nights out looking for a good Sitrep!

Also got stuck in Gradiska for a tour! Not as nice but a few of us made the trip back to Babe-town a year later! We were greeted like returning rock starts!

Oh, I just have to add the story about my buddy Tony C, out Jr. Charlie! We are driving around in our beat up Pajero and looks at me and says, "How do you know where you are going? All these signs are in Acrylic!"

Ret10Echo
06-28-2008, 09:38
One word for all you that got stuck in crappy team houses or imprisioned at Tuzla...

Bijeljina

Or as we referred to it Babe-a-lina! It was in the NE sector of the Republika Srpska! We never did find out what they put in the water but it we were positive it enhanced the female bust line! So many nights out looking for a good Sitrep!

Also got stuck in Gradiska for a tour! Not as nice but a few of us made the trip back to Babe-town a year later! We were greeted like returning rock starts!

Oh, I just have to add the story about my buddy Tony C, out Jr. Charlie! We are driving around in our beat up Pajero and looks at me and says, "How do you know where you are going? All these signs are in Acrylic!"

Acrylic...LOL.. He must have hung out with the same dude trying to figure out where the heck "PECTOPAH" was. :D

Pigpen
06-28-2008, 15:21
it must br a "Jr." thing, during the initial part of one rotation, our Jr. Eng kept wondering where the ZOS river was.

For those of you not in on it. ZOS was "Zone of Seperation" and was normally indicated on the maps by blue lines.

Firebeef
06-29-2008, 08:48
Me too, brother, if for no other reason than to listen to Joe's running commentary on the virtues of Gallic culture. :D

Not to mention..........the Pizza!

COLawman......I resemble that remark!!:p

LOL

saw you last night down at the Stampede....looked like you were having some fun times!!:cool:

Y'all believe me when I tell ya......we knew then, and I still know, even now, how good we had it in Buna! That was a once in a lifetime convergence of good karma and payback. E-10..we worked our 4th points of contacts off daily, and we for sure had our fair share of incidents. We just got to come home from patrol and jump in the pool....and have a few cool functions!

2 Block Secured
06-30-2008, 16:27
Zenica (AKA: N60), 04-07/1997

A lot of good memories from that deployment like the SEAL that was stabbed by an unknown assailant at one of the other houses while he was doing a "security check". Never did get the whole story on that one.

Or was it the medic who shot a SEAL while inspecting the SEAL's SIG226, then worked his ass off to save him. The only guy to get an ARCOM and a ART15 in the same ceremony. (just kidding on the last line).

Had to check myself into the Betty Ford clinic to dry out after all the "slivo" that was put away.

Ret10Echo
07-01-2008, 06:34

A lot of good memories from that deployment like the SEAL that was stabbed by an unknown assailant at one of the other houses while he was doing a "security check". Never did get the whole story on that one.

Or was it the medic who shot a SEAL while inspecting the SEAL's SIG226, then worked his ass off to save him. The only guy to get an ARCOM and a ART15 in the same ceremony. (just kidding on the last line).

Had to check myself into the Betty Ford clinic to dry out after all the "slivo" that was put away.

"Navy Seals vs Children of the Corn"...wish I had the cartoon drawing still..... I recall a certain SOCCE commander taking them off the wall (Along with "Herb the Serb screws up his terrorist manifesto") and shredding them.

No levity in the SOCCE dammit!

Razor
07-01-2008, 08:46
Not to mention..........the Pizza!

You guys should have patented that idea...self-flossing food! :D

Stras
07-01-2008, 09:25
Sarajevo '96, 015 ran the FOB after the initial surge into country. lots of fun times running resupply convoys through the ZOS to the SOCCE at Tuzla and the rest of the boys around the country side.

The gate guards wouldn't let us in the gate at Tuzla Main unless we were wearing our full battle rattle. Dude, we just drove through the ZOS.... come to find out it was probably a good thing, as they had something like 48 AD's in a two month span on Tuzla.. How does one AD a TOW Missile??? I still haven't figured that one out.

Banja Luka in '98. lots of fun with the Brits in the metal factory. spent some time up at Bos Gradiska. Nothing like watching your boss brew beer, only to see a large fireball 5 ft in front of you and all your equipment. His response was "oops". I still have some of the slivo that i helped one of the landlord's make.... good stuff for the right occasion.

O B W, who not only achieved the desired center mass shot, saved the Seal's life in the house, and then again on the medevac bird, and was highly praised by the Surgeon at the hospital " the medic should be put in for a medal for his highly professional work saving this patient's life".... Uh Doc, he's also the one who shot him........ Of course he wasn't born with the "B" initial, that was added later. :D

Don't forget the Hekwap Pivo..... that's Nektar Beer (with a certain percentage of formaldahide (sp)) for those that don't habla.

ODA 226
07-01-2008, 11:43
Ocuchani <sp>
Banja Luka
Bugonjo (The House of Pain)
Sarajevo

When it was all said and done I realized I had lived in BH for over two years.

The photos of Zvornik, were those before or after the Rpg attack?

Pigpen,
To je OKUCANI. Radio sam u Okucani i ostalo kao sef pirotekicar izmedju 1997- 2002 i zivio sam u Nova Gradiska u isti vrijemina.

Translation: That is Okucani. I worked in and around Okucani between 1997- 2002 as a head deminer and lived in Nova Gradiska during that time. I went totally indig.

I actually arrived in the Balkans in mid-1995 with the ICFY Mission and left the Balkans in 2004, only to return in 2007. The entire time I was in Iraq (2004-2007) I maintained residency in Nova Gradiska. (SF18C: Were you in Bosanska Gradiska, Stara Gradiska or Nova Gradiska?)

I was tasked to give the Hungarian Engineers at Okucani Mine Awareness Training and noticed a plaque in the classroom to the Hungarians from none other than the 10th SFG! Small world huh?! Was that from your team?

I was going through my souvenirs from that time to show you guys, but a picture of my BEST souvenir from Gradiska is posted below. She came to the states last month and after a ten year relationship, we're getting married in two weeks! :) I guess something good did result from that war! ;)

MtnGoat
07-08-2008, 20:43
Some great post and memories reading all of these posts.

Worked the Sarajevo House great times.

Pigpen
07-09-2008, 12:08
@ ODA 226,
Indeed that was probably our plaque. We were the first 10th team to do the liaison work with HUBAT. (084) The time frame was OCT 95 - Mar 96(?).

Stras
07-09-2008, 20:10
@ ODA 226,
Indeed that was probably our plaque. We were the first 10th team to do the liaison work with HUBAT. (084) The time frame was OCT 95 - Mar 96(?).

Was Frank G (18E) and Squeek (18Z) on your Team? I had to relay a Medevac request through the HUBAT in '96 to the FOB at Sarajevo. Sad thing was we were just south of Sarajevo. Frank saved our ass, though he didn't send the French linguist to talk to the French Medevac Helo that showed up.. "I'm sorry, we screwed up the only French speaker on the team when your French Armored Car ran into our Hmmwv, but we can talk to you in English, German, Russian, and Thai. " We could have added Italian, but our CPT was a little out of it due to a sudden impact collision between his head and the windshield.

GreenSalsa
07-09-2008, 21:20
EGYBAT December 95, in Sarajevo

:munchin

Plus I did a stint working in the South-East SOCCE in Mostar in early 2000

Pigpen
07-10-2008, 09:08
@ Stras,

Nope Sorry definately not us helping you out. Had to be the team who replaced us, but for the life of me I cannot remember which team it was. Our 18E was Adoni P and the Z was Jimmy K.

AxeMan
07-10-2008, 09:08
I was in the Milici house that was stood up after the Zvornik house was closed down due to too many RPG attacks. We were the last guys in the N-10 AOR and closed the Milichi house down. I believe ours were the last JCO missions in that AOR. Good Times!

KW9598
07-10-2008, 15:47
thought i'd shine a little light on the JCO house attack in May of 99. This is a first hand account. Jim B happened to be the only one awake at the time in the "ops" room and a round most definitely penetrated and passed through the room right next to him, impacting into a box of lithium batteries in the corner. Myself and Nate P were asleep in one of the front bedrooms where a round penetrated and crossed through our room diagnally, passing over Nate's head and missing my left should by a foot or so. A couple rounds impacted the outside wall on the same side of the house breaking windows, etc. One round impacted into a cement abutment around the foot of the house and one round missed the house completely and flew over 200m, landing in a neighbors backyard. After hitting the floor and the explosions stopped, we were in our positions within a minute or so. There was nobody to engage, they had fired their rounds and beat feet. (unfortunately) We found YUGO M80 rocket tubes in the cornfield across the road that morning (66mm shoulder fired). Our company commander, who now happens to be the group CDR, got to our house so fast he beat the QRF out of Camp Dobol (and they were half the distance). Kudos on him for that. Oh, yes Sean Howie was there, but he was in a bedroom on the other side of the house. Let me know if you have any more questions. By the way, Serbian paramilitary were suspected of the attack.

Razor
07-10-2008, 16:12
KW, thanks for the story. Your team leader had a funny account of his vs. the Tm Sgt's reaction to the impacts. Could you please also post an intro in the 'Introductions III' thread?

Pigpen
07-10-2008, 17:04
Wow, not to highjack, but I didn't know Darsy Rogers was the Group CDR now, good for him. I always liked that guy.

Ret10Echo
07-10-2008, 18:35
Anyone aboard that was downrange in '97 that was targeted in the "Fireside Chat" that was distributed nightly? ....otherwise known as the bitter SOCCE dwellers attack on the house dwellers? :eek:

MtnGoat
07-10-2008, 20:36
Bijeljina

This wasn't the house that had the "Grim Reaper" framer stop by one Night!!

Tony C.. just like him to say that.

KW9598
07-11-2008, 09:32
Razor, thanks for the reminder to hit the intro thread...my bad.

If ref to the house attack and our det cdr's version...i'm sure he had a similar perspective, minus a round impacting in the corner of his room. I still have the security camera video footage from that night...you can actually see flashes from the launch site and sparks/smoke from impacting the house. I also video taped everything with an hour or so of the attack, walking around the house showing damage, etc. No injuries to anyone, pretty amazing. The only casualty was a dead pigeon we found the next morning. Our terp's went thru a lot of "interviews" over that incident...there was just too much coincidence with where the rounds were aimed, where they impacted, etc. Nothing ever came out of it, as far as i know. I did hear the house was hit again and they finally moved to Milici. In another post there's a picture of the E40 house, that was the house that was oringally occupied and by the time we got there they had moved done the road a bit. I have a good picture from the front of the house that'll i'll post once i figure out how to do that lol

All in all, i had a great time there and met numerous B-Mus's i became very good friends with. Thanks to bombing serbia at the time, the B-Serbs in our area didnt want to have anything to do with us. Cant blame them.

Some of you might have seen the recent news of Naser Oric...charges dropped by the ICTY on his involvement in war crimes in the Srebrenica/Potocari area. During our tour there I was almost able to arrange a meeting with him in the Tuzla area, prior to him being sent to the hague.

KW9598
07-11-2008, 10:25
i might have gotten the number assigned to the Zvornik house incorrect in a prior post, can't remember any more lol

I have a picture of the house in Zvornik- circa 99, if you'd like to see let me know and i'll send. Having probs getting the jpeg from a PDF into here.

photo is from the SOCOM history PDF file located off the front page at http://www.socom.mil/ right side, middle file, page 65-69

KW9598
07-11-2008, 17:21
Here's a few good shots of a MIG that was shot down just before we arrived. The mayor and COP in Teocak guided us through minefields and forests for almost 2 hours to the crash site.

rudelsg2
07-13-2008, 09:07
[FONT= This is a first hand account. Jim B happened to be the only one awake at the time in the "ops" room and a round most definitely penetrated and passed through the room right next to him, impacting into a box of lithium batteries in the corner. [/FONT]

That's it. It has been like eight or so years since I've heard Jim's account, my bad not his.

rudelsg2
07-13-2008, 09:58
Anyone aboard that was downrange in '97 that was targeted in the "Fireside Chat" that was distributed nightly? ....otherwise known as the bitter SOCCE dwellers attack on the house dwellers? :eek:

Yes, I loved getting chewed out by CPTs and Tm Sgts everytime they came to the SOCCE. It was then I would remind them, "Look I'm just the SSG that sends this thing out, do you really think I would write that, in that manner to you?".
One thing about working at the SOCCE, it taught me how to read "between the lines" in message traffic going both ways.

Stras
07-13-2008, 17:00
Same problems in SOCCE SW in '98... of course the response of "I just typed in the same crap that you sent us " went over real well with the TS and TL. Spellcheck is a wonderful thing.

We had a version of the "fireside chat" as well... damn, the memory is the 2nd thing to go........

We were always on the lookout for "JCO 6" since he never seemed to stay at home in Sarajevo, and was always out and about..

Anyone else still have nightmares from the JCO Methodology presentation that ran about 150 slides?

Pigpen
07-13-2008, 22:15
Or the JCO House SOP written by someone who had never been in one of the houses. I seem to recall a very colorful blow-up when Rod H. told the BC at the time it was a "cover your a$$ document". Just brings :) to my face thinking of it.

One of the big points of contention was we kept our weapons within arms reach of our bunks in the house. Which of course was not IAW the JCO SOP.

ODA 226
07-14-2008, 08:26
@ ODA 226,

The Hungarian CO considered that plaque as his prized possession and would not stop talking about you guys! Job well done!

It's a shame we weren't able to hook-up. My office was in Nova Gradiska and my boss was ex- SAS and our police adviser was ex-GSG-9. He later worked for Bundespolizei Einsatzabteilung Kranich. We had a real Special Operations OSCE Field Office. My girlfriend also owned a bar in Nova Gradiska in the middle of the town...

KW9598
07-17-2008, 12:04
Pics taken along the "exodus" route between Sreb and tulza area 99

KW9598
07-17-2008, 12:13
outskirts of Srebrenica at the DUTBAT compound

KW9598
07-17-2008, 12:29
roof damage, launching tubes that were found, and round debris found at the impact area

alfromcolorado
07-19-2008, 15:23
I am working in Hungary with an old 3rd Group guy that was doing JCO there in BiH and his CPT seemed to have made a wrong turn into Serbia... The Serbs gave him back, ohne Waffen...

Pretty interesting story.

Al

rudelsg2
07-19-2008, 16:31
Don't forget the Sabre radio the Serbs kept also (crypto compromise is always fun). But that is what happens when someone allows a CPT to violate the two man rule and go out with just the terp and it turns into a drink fest over a Dear John letter.

Conrad Y
11-07-2008, 22:03
Maybe someone out there would like this.

I can scan the patch too.

Ret10Echo
11-08-2008, 06:46
Maybe someone out there would like this.

I can scan the patch too.

Conrad, good to see you wander over here.

I still have a couple of the leather trinkets with the JCO emblem on them....;)

R10

RichL025
11-08-2008, 12:46
I am working in Hungary with an old 3rd Group guy that was doing JCO there in BiH and his CPT seemed to have made a wrong turn into Serbia... The Serbs gave him back, ohne Waffen...

Pretty interesting story.

Al

I remember that... but the way I heard it they were heading over to do some skiing ;)

I never served in a JCO but spent about 3 months with the Russian Abn Bde in Tuzla, living in a tent on their compound and putting a serious hurt on my liver...

Edit: Duh - not Tuzla... Uglevik!

Conrad Y
11-12-2008, 18:36
Here it is.

Conrad Y
11-12-2008, 18:38
To bring back some memories.

Stras
11-12-2008, 19:17
Don't forget the ?FOR and KFOR patches.

Conrad Y
11-12-2008, 19:30
Don't forget the ?FOR and KFOR patches.

:D I totally forgot the ?FOR/YFOR (Why-FOR) stuff!!! I must still have one of those t-shirts somewhere.

If I can find something I'll put it up. Pictures are worth...

Conrad Y
11-18-2008, 20:53
Don't forget that the Doboj (N50) house was bombed in the summer of '97 by the "Black Hand" when they tossed a charge under one of the Opel SUV's parked under the carport. The vehicle was destroyed and some glass was blown out in the front and side of the house. I think only one person was slightly injured.

hdgb
11-19-2008, 10:33
Good memories reading the posts.
i spent so much time there from 95-98 and actually returned there in 2001. It was easier for me to navigate there than Germany where i was stationed but was never there.
Sarejevo intial entry before Dayton, living in the Skandaria (old olympic Ice ring) with the french. Spent christmas 95 watching the french guys dress up like girls and party with each other. If you were there you will remeber that show vividly.Then Tuzla Socce built the beach volley ball court and pool out back. Had Sunday volley ball chamionships against the russian officers. The airforce nurses traveled to Gemany weekly on med flights so brought us back Brats for the weekly parties. Brit intel house next door with a built in Bar. Spent alot of time running other guys around country they rotated in for area orientation and i was the tour guide. Then with the russians , Put up the Tent house there beside the russian med shack. Upon a senator visit i put up sign that said ELBE river 1945-1996 between the american compund and the Russians compund, old swinging rope bridge across it. We of course lived on the russian side. All other americans had to cross back over before dark hehehe, Man my liver barely survived that trip General order #1 my ass. Babe-e-Lina ya did that,,,, um mostly classified stuff nothing to report :) Set up the Teslic house and the Doboy house. My Team 011 was split between the two and had a Seal commander in Teslic man that sucked till he went home, then we drove the wheels off that mission. then he came back and tried to relieve me for impersonating an officer or some shit like having way to much fun. Team SGT with no adult supervision go figure. Did alot there and made a great deal of Serbian friends most probably all war criminals . Woudn't have traded places with you guys stuck on the bosnian side for anything however. Learned alot that we applied in Kosovo on later missions. Like drinking Slevo ugh :)

Ret10Echo
11-19-2008, 17:17
Don't forget that the Doboj (N50) house was bombed in the summer of '97 by the "Black Hand" when they tossed a charge under one of the Opel SUV's parked under the carport. The vehicle was destroyed and some glass was blown out in the front and side of the house. I think only one person was slightly injured.

Big Army got upset when the wreckage was on display in front of the SOCCE for a while...(If I am aligning the right incident) :eek:

Conrad Y
11-20-2008, 06:50
hdgb brought back some thoughts. In Sarajevo '96, behind the Hotel Bosna, I was curious why the French troops were fire-hosing and scrubbing the inside of all the guard towers:munchin. The answer was that they were taking over from the Pakistani Bn and there were feces and used condoms among all the nasty garbage inside and out stuck to the concertina fence. French troops cleaning :D it must have been nasty.

Back in Doboj we called slevo and pivo the "Evo Brothers" "Slee" and "Pee".;)

alfromcolorado
11-21-2008, 20:13
The good old days.

I am working with two former 10th guys down here in MARSOC with one more over in another section. We have some hilarious after work brews on occasion.

Conrad Y
12-06-2008, 14:04
The Doboj house in this photo is the one that was bombed in '97. We eventually moved downtown into a doctor's residence in '98.

Conrad Y
12-06-2008, 14:06
IFOR fun.

Stras
12-06-2008, 17:35
Damn, I miss those days...

The Gniljane house in Kosovo 2001, where Fats and I built up the foreign weapons training implements. Never did get the MG-42 complete with eagles for the house defense plan. The house was also known as Castle Grayskull from all the force pro stuff done to it. Lots of good memories there. We used to go to a Serb Town nearby to our favorite restaurant. I still hold a special place in my stomach for chicken wrapped in bacon. It was to die for. We were there when 9-11 happened.

We recovered 8 Thompsons in 1999 on the first trip to Kosovo, back when Camp Bondsteel was 15 tents in a muddy field, right after the end of the air war. They came from a WWII era cache. Never been fired, still packed in cosmoline, stamped US Gov't Property, five of them had five number serial numbers, all 1942 vintage. took us a week to clean the cosmoline out of them, and then they ate through the 1943 stamped .45 Cal like you wouldn't believe.. as I recall, not one jam ever. Sadly, they all had to be demilled to be brought back for the Group. I think most of the companies who rotated through have one in their hallways. I can vouch for B 2/10, it's still proudly displayed in the company.

We ran the DZ when the 173rd jumped in for their show of force operation. Sadly I can't remember the name of the guy who burned in. I was video tapping the jump as the planes came in and passed over us. My remarks clearing heard on the tape afterwards, "Someone just lost a ruck", right before I panned to the next a/c inbound. His static line cut, he activated his reserve, which elongated but didn't have time to inflate. That was a bad day for all of us.

Homemade Slivovitz circa 1996 is here at the house if anyone wants some. We helped make the stuff. We would have a shot of Slivo in the morning before PT as part of our PMT for the next Bosnia/Kosovo rotation. You definitely had to build up a tolerance of the stuff.

Slivo is okay, far better than Rakija. But I prefer the Williams Schnapps (pear or mixed fruit) that I keep bringing back from the Fatherland at every oppurtunity. Though we did find that you can strip the wax off your skis with Slivo. Just make sure there's no hot flames anywhere in the immediate twenty foot area.

Conrad Y
12-21-2008, 21:02
The Sarajevo pix are from '96 and the Tuzla-Sarajevo road pic was late '95 I think.

KW9598
12-31-2008, 22:52
Conrad you have some good stuff brother...
I still have JCO stickers we used to use on the vehicles. Loved the shot of the JCO SUV, LOVED that car! Was like a Ford Escape, before its time.
Where are you now? email me: wchoopes66@comcast.net

Conrad Y
01-06-2009, 06:45
Here is the beloved, or hated, Nissan Patrols that we used around '98.
I happened to like them more than some of the rentals that we got in the years previously (especially the ones from Korea that were difficult to shift).
I agree that the best version was the Opel (rebadged Isuzu).

Conrad Y
01-06-2009, 06:56
NATO stayed away from this place for a long time except for us. We bothered them as frequently as we could. It is good to see that NATO finally stepped up to the plate, three years later...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPcap/2000-03/11/006r-031100-idx.html

http://www.nato.int/sfor/indexinf/109/s109p04a/t0103214a.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/specials/bosnia/context/0923bosnia-islamic-mercenaries.html

RetiredSOCS
02-12-2009, 13:53

Bijeljina

I was one of two SEALs in Babe-a-line from December 97 to early March 98. Were there during that time by any chance?

Ret10Echo
02-12-2009, 13:57
Here is the beloved, or hated, Nissan Patrols that we used around '98.
I happened to like them more than some of the rentals that we got in the years previously (especially the ones from Korea that were difficult to shift).
I agree that the best version was the Opel (rebadged Isuzu).

They could pull a house down, but the acceleration was horrible...

RetiredSOCS
02-12-2009, 14:10

I was at the same SEAL team as the guy who got shot. The story I heard was that the living conditions were miserable in the early JCO days. The guys in question were getting wasted and joking about how much their lives sucked in BH. So the SEAL takes out his Sig, hands it to the medic and says "Why dont you just shoot me now?" So the medic takes the pistol, and instead if dropping the mag and ejecting the round from the chamber, he "clears" the Sig in the reverse order. So with a fresh round securely in the chamber, he shoots the SEAL in the chest at point blank range. By the way, that SEAL was promoted to Chief Petty Officer only a few months after that incident. Go figure!

Abu Jack
02-12-2009, 14:32
RetiredSOCS wrote:

The story I heard was that the living conditions were miserable in the early JCO days.

Was this disinformation in order to protect a good deal? I heard some people have used the same strategy in the past.

csquare
02-12-2009, 15:36
And "that" medic is still active, I saw him last summer.
The SEAL was either lucky that a medic shot him and save him; or he was lucky "that" particular medic was a poor shot? Either way, "that" medic is a MSG.
Go figure......

RetiredSOCS
02-12-2009, 19:54
RetiredSOCS wrote:

Was this disinformation in order to protect a good deal? I heard some people have used the same strategy in the past.

You're right about that. It was pretty cushy when I got there about a year later.

alfromcolorado
02-23-2009, 16:56
And "that" medic is still active, I saw him last summer.
The SEAL was either lucky that a medic shot him and save him; or he was lucky "that" particular medic was a poor shot? Either way, "that" medic is a MSG.
Go figure......

I was on a team with that guy when I first got to Carson... Interesting guy. His middle initial and last name went together quite appropriately after that incident (which happened while the team was still at Devens).

RichL025
02-23-2009, 20:07
I was on a team with that guy when I first got to Carson... Interesting guy. His middle initial and last name went together quite appropriately after that incident (which happened while the team was still at Devens).

What was his middle initial?..... "B" maybe <g>??

And Al, that happened long after group left Devens. 1995, IIRC.

Conrad Y
02-23-2009, 21:40
He joined my team in '99 when I was still in Germany (this was long after the incident). Nice guy and good medic. The 'shooter' incident was a touchy subject obviously. I remenber that it was definately a flagging issue for his part and why he didn't get in too much trouble was partly due to the trigger job on the victim's Sig that was in some violation of Navy policy.

Middle initial B. :D

Conrad Y
02-23-2009, 21:48
I remember another embarassing shooting issues was with one of our own LTC's that cleared (Oops!) his M-9 into the sand pit before entering the mess at Tuzla in '97 in front of some 1st Div troops. Good one.

I can remember a couple more too...

Royal
02-24-2009, 07:52
Thanks for the posts and pics guys.

Anybody go through the brick factory at Kiseljak just before Christmas 95? IIRC we did some briefs for guys who came in via Hungary (and helped with the general theft of cotbeds ;))

Ret10Echo
02-24-2009, 14:50
I remember another embarassing shooting issues was with one of our own LTC's that cleared (Oops!) his M-9 into the sand pit before entering the mess at Tuzla in '97 in front of some 1st Div troops. Good one.

I can remember a couple more too...

That got kicked around a few pages back I think....:D

Then there was the "Shot heard 'round the world"...but that was a different trip.:munchin

Conrad Y
02-26-2009, 19:43
Then there was the "Shot heard 'round the world"...but that was a different trip.

:D Yup, I think I know that one too. :rolleyes:

RichL025
02-26-2009, 20:38
This photo is from the hut at Tuzla right after the SEAL shooting. We meant no disrespect to our web-footed brethren, we just wanted to put up something along the lines of "this jobsite has been accident free for X days"....

Notice the placement of both index fingers.... as well as I can remember, he was doing that deliberately...

EDIT: enlarge the photo to see the sign on the wall....

Ret10Echo
02-27-2009, 06:16
This photo is from the hut at Tuzla right after the SEAL shooting. We meant no disrespect to our web-footed brethren, we just wanted to put up something along the lines of "this jobsite has been accident free for X days"....

Notice the placement of both index fingers.... as well as I can remember, he was doing that deliberately...

There were some rather "Irreverant" cartoons hanging on the wall at the SOCCE also as I recall.....I don't think from this SEAL-vs- incident...but some of the others.

alfromcolorado
03-01-2009, 07:18
What was his middle initial?..... "B" maybe <g>??

And Al, that happened long after group left Devens. 1995, IIRC.

It was B.

And you are right, it was after the Carson move. Actually, I was retired by then. From Conrad Y's post must have been 98. I was in Bosnia working contracts when I heard about it.

Thanks for clearing my wine soaked brain cells...:confused:

alfromcolorado
03-01-2009, 07:20
The individual in that picture just had an interesting year come to a close.

alfromcolorado
03-01-2009, 07:22
While I was working in Bosnia 98 or 99 I remember reading a very interesting article in Newsweek (if I remember correctly). Some interesting information became "spillage".

alfromcolorado
03-01-2009, 07:23
That got kicked around a few pages back I think....:D

Then there was the "Shot heard 'round the world"...but that was a different trip.:munchin

Was that about a Serb that didn't have good manners?

RichL025
03-01-2009, 09:43
The individual in that picture just had an interesting year come to a close.

Nuts, I thought I blacked out enough that people wouldn't recognize him!

Ret10Echo
03-01-2009, 12:47

Not "Herb the Serb's Terrorist Manifesto". if that is what you are thinking of...This was not linked to the JCO mission....but occured in-country. :D

alfromcolorado
03-01-2009, 15:16
Nuts, I thought I blacked out enough that people wouldn't recognize him!

I was on a team with him at Carson when he was first getting started. I might have had an advantage.

alfromcolorado
03-01-2009, 15:17
Not "Herb the Serb's Terrorist Manifesto". if that is what you are thinking of...This was not linked to the JCO mission....but occured in-country. :D

RusBat was what I was thinking about... Not JCO but same country.

Ret10Echo
03-01-2009, 18:36
RusBat was what I was thinking about... Not JCO but same country.

So many stories....so many careers......;)

Conrad Y
03-04-2009, 20:47

Ha, Ha. :D I know HE learned his lesson that day! Never take a stick to a ...

alfromcolorado
03-07-2009, 10:49
Ha, Ha. :D I know HE learned his lesson that day! Never take a stick to a ...

I don't know if that guy learned his lesson or not, but he DEFINITELY never did it again.

Ret10Echo
06-28-2009, 18:52
Little bump and a history note....for those that have walked up the very street :D

Assassination of Archduke Francis Ferdinand: 28 June 1914 - This Day in History
On this day in 1914, Archduke Francis Ferdinand, heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne, and his consort, Sophie, were assassinated by Gavrilo Princip in Sarajevo, Bosnia, precipitating the outbreak of World War I.

rcm_18d
06-30-2009, 11:46
I was in the Q when the incident happened. I now work with the Seal that took the 9mm round to the chest. I also worked with the accidental shooter in Germany when he was in B Co. Ironically he is in a pretty high up position within USASFC today. No disrespect meant at all, but such a small world.

alfromcolorado
06-30-2009, 18:22
I was on a team with him prior to the incident. So where is he (PM if necessary)?

I was in the Q when the incident happened. I now work with the Seal that took the 9mm round to the chest. I also worked with the accidental shooter in Germany when he was in B Co. Ironically he is in a pretty high up position within USASFC today. No disrespect meant at all, but such a small world.

Bill Joyner
08-05-2009, 08:29
After my merciful release from the SOCCE; I spent the rest of my time doing some great OJT work at the Zvornik house.
Work that would come in handy way later down the road (just did not realize it at the time).

Digging through my box of junk or memories (what it is called depends on how much space it takes up), I found these items from that trip.

I just found this thread while surfing the site. Man did those pics bring back memories. Remember going to the range at Camp Dobal and Jon Tessar getting stuck up to his crotch in all the mud? Ah for the good old days
Bill

Ret10Echo
08-05-2009, 16:05
I just found this thread while surfing the site. Man did those pics bring back memories. Remember going to the range at Camp Dobal and Jon Tessar getting stuck up to his crotch in all the mud? Ah for the good old days
Bill

Last of the really good deals huh Bill? :cool:

Bill Joyner
08-06-2009, 08:31
Last of the really good deals huh Bill? :cool:

You said it brother. $75 a day and all the rakija you could drink (whether you wanted to drink it or not)

Blues
08-06-2009, 15:25
Some of my favorite memories of the JCO mission are throwing shower shoes at loud snorers, a Thanksgiving dinner that turned into a disco, watching an FM radio turn violent blue in color just before I heard the big ZAP!!!, eating ground beef (I don't recall the exact meal) cured in about ten pounds of salt, a house mate that brewed coffee for one while roaming the house in his much-travelled drawers swatting flies, and being the designated driver (much to the chagrin of the aforementioned coffee brewer's dismay. I bet his head still hurts!!). I also managed to do some work there, but those memories aren't as much fun to recall. I will try to post a copy of my old badge which I used to get on Tuzla Main with no questions asked.

Bill Joyner
08-10-2009, 11:45
Some of my favorite memories of the JCO mission are throwing shower shoes at loud snorers, a Thanksgiving dinner that turned into a disco, watching an FM radio turn violent blue in color just before I heard the big ZAP!!!, eating ground beef (I don't recall the exact meal) cured in about ten pounds of salt, a house mate that brewed coffee for one while roaming the house in his much-travelled drawers swatting flies, and being the designated driver (much to the chagrin of the aforementioned coffee brewer's dismay. I bet his head still hurts!!). I also managed to do some work there, but those memories aren't as much fun to recall. I will try to post a copy of my old badge which I used to get on Tuzla Main with no questions asked.

I still remember the coffee brewer trying to get a purple heart for your driving skills. Also remember having to physically restrain him when he wanted to kill our boy Dave the SEAL. Ah Thanksgiving, I remember two Americans in Bosnia calling an Australian in Germany and having her read the directions for cooking a 30 lbs turkey and then trying to convert them to metric. :) Good times!

rudelsg2
08-11-2009, 20:04
I still remember the coffee brewer trying to get a purple heart for your driving skills. Also remember having to physically restrain him when he wanted to kill our boy Dave the SEAL. Ah Thanksgiving, I remember two Americans in Bosnia calling an Australian in Germany and having her read the directions for cooking a 30 lbs turkey and then trying to convert them to metric. :) Good times!

Ahhh, Dave the SEAL. One must remember that if you make a habit of pissing off the TM SGT, do not let the SF guys know you have already spent your Per Diem cash advance on bills. It will only generate a debt owed to the govt. when you get an early return from mission.

Yes, Thanksgiving. I think you hit me with one of those shower shoes.

KW9598
06-04-2010, 13:29
more JCO stories needed! BiH is one place I can't wait to go back and visit. I sometimes wonder how our dog PIFWC is doing...in Serbia.

Bill Joyner
06-04-2010, 14:00
more JCO stories needed! BiH is one place I can't wait to go back and visit. I sometimes wonder how our dog PIFWC is doing...in Serbia.

Yeah we gave up our dog when the company commander said the Bn CDR didn't want any dogs kept at the houses. When the BC came to our house he saw the dog house and asked where the dog was. I told him we had gotten rid of it and he said too bad dogs are good force protection.

KW9598
06-04-2010, 14:04
typical shit huh..."the Bn Cdr said..." He was right too, minus motion sensor lights....our mutt was the best early warning we had

KW9598
06-04-2010, 14:20
Florida Man Who Served in Military Unit Linked to Massacres During the Bosnian Conflict of 1992-1995 Leaves United States Following Denaturalization

WASHINGTON, June 3 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A former member of the Bosnian Serb Army has left the United States to return to Serbia after a federal judge ordered his denaturalization based on concealment during his application for U.S. citizenship that he served in the military during the Bosnian war, announced Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer of the Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney Brian Albritton of the Middle District of Florida and Assistant Secretary John Morton of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

Jadranko Gostic, 47, a former resident of St. Petersburg, Fla., departed the United States on June 1, 2010. U.S. District Court Judge James Moody in Tampa, Fla., ordered his denaturalization on May 26, 2010.

Gostic was indicted in December 2006 on one count of unlawful procurement of citizenship and one count of making false statements. In January 2010, a civil complaint was filed against Gostic alleging illegal procurement of U.S. citizenship and requesting his denaturalization. Court documents allege that Gostic served in the Zvornik Infantry Brigade of the Bosnian Serb Army from April 1992 until December 1995. According to court documents, international tribunals have found that some units of the Zvornik Brigade engaged in war crimes and crimes against humanity, and that they participated in the July 1995 action against the Srebrenica enclave during which some 8,000 Muslim men and boys were executed.

Gostic entered the United States in 1999, received lawful permanent residence status in 2002 and was naturalized in 2004. According to court documents, at each stage of the immigration and naturalization process Gostic concealed his service in the Zvornik Brigade, even when specifically asked about his prior military service.

Gostic agreed to admit to the allegations against him, to be denaturalized, to surrender his lawful permanent resident status and to depart the United States. Gostic fulfilled the requirements of this agreement and departed the United States. As a result of his cooperation, the criminal charges against Gostic will be dismissed.

This case was investigated by the ICE Tampa Special-Agent-in-Charge Office and was prosecuted by Senior Trial Attorney William Kenety in the Criminal Division's Human Rights and Special Prosecutions Section (HRSP) and Assistant U.S. Attorney Donald Hansen of the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Florida.

The Criminal Division announced the formation of HRSP on March 30, 2010, as part of the U.S. government's efforts to bring human rights violators to justice and deny those violators safe haven in the United States. The new section represents a merger of the Criminal Division's Domestic Security Section (DSS) and the Office of Special Investigations (OSI).

SOURCE U.S. Department of Justice

Ret10Echo
06-04-2010, 20:23

Just wish I had copies of the Fireside Chats.....:D

rdret1
06-06-2010, 16:58
Bill

Jon had a habit of things like that didn't he Bill.

rdret1
06-06-2010, 17:04

Anybody go through the brick factory at Kiseljak just before Christmas 95? IIRC we did some briefs for guys who came in via Hungary (and helped with the general theft of cotbeds ;))

Here ya go. I was Bn S-3 Air then. The way the FOB was set up, it felt like one of those old WWII bunker movies you see.

rdret1
06-06-2010, 17:06

Here are some more.

Bill Joyner
06-07-2010, 06:07
Jon had a habit of things like that didn't he Bill.

Yeah Rick, he did. Jon could have you ready to kill him one minute and give him and MSM the next. RIP, brother

Bennett
06-07-2010, 15:18
I was the SOCCE CDR at Banja Luka for a whole day when Andy G called to report that the “honey I shot the SEAL” had happened and yes I was the one who informed the Brit doctor at the Brit hospital that, yes our 18D (OW) did deserve a medal but he did shot him in the first place. Chris the SEAL was waiting bed side and when he saw us the first thing he wanted was a dip. Having done my research I gave him a fresh can and asked the Dr. if he could be wheeled out so I could make a commo shot to his team who by that time had been moved to the Hotel Herzegovina. He didn’t even wait for the answer he was on his feet grabbed his IV bag and moving. He and OW had a good conversation and settled the air about the whole thing. I also got stuck in our Pajero on the way back to the brick factory from the hospital because I let the Brit Para John drive. That was one cold, icy/snowy winter. One last thing, when I got down to their house to meet with CID about the shooting, turns out the investigator and I had gone through basic and AIT together. A little SF BS and the case were closed. Big Red never got over that, he still wanted to make an example out of the incident. He gave me more grief about the SEALS sideburns, like I could control that, we just thought they were part of the Flying Elvis’ BH Chapter. I have good memories of the whole trip but who wouldn’t when you have Sioux L, Shawn C, Sean B, and our own TACP John K working with you. Here’s a picture for old time’s sake.

Stras
06-25-2010, 15:46
10. LTC R. (AKA JCO-6) is awared an honorary degree from the University of Belgrade in Balkan Studies and is currently writing a book on his experiences in Bosnia.

9. The S-3 wants to extend the battalion in Bosnia through the winter and do centralized CWT on Mount Igman.

8. Purple Hearts are recommended for FOB personnel who suffer from pain in wrists from long term keyboard use. The phrase "JCO Carpal-Tunnel Syndrone" is coined.

7. BN Staff thinks that a JCET is a new type of car produced in Europe.

6. Group has discoverd that the FOB has spent the entire Battalion annual budget on copier paper.

5. OSCE discovers that 1SG T. (AKA the Senator) is a candidate for the RS Presidency in the September Elections. His popularity is climbing in the polls and his is the main challenger to upset Plavsic in the election.

4. FOB is overwhelmed by the number of 4187's to terminate SF Status and join the 21st MP Company in Tuzla.

3. A LTC R. look-alike in a VRS uniform has been seen throughout the RS.

2. All joint awards and attempts for foreign wings are canxed, but Driver's Badges are approved for all.

And finally, the #1 reason the FOB needs to leave the country........ Martin Sheen is spotted going up the Bosna River in a PBR on his way to terminate the FOB Command.

Ret10Echo
06-26-2010, 08:17
10. LTC R. (AKA JCO-6) is awared an honorary degree from the University of Belgrade in Balkan Studies and is currently writing a book on his experiences in Bosnia.

9. The S-3 wants to extend the battalion in Bosnia through the winter and do centralized CWT on Mount Igman.

8. Purple Hearts are recommended for FOB personnel who suffer from pain in wrists from long term keyboard use. The phrase "JCO Carpal-Tunnel Syndrone" is coined.

7. BN Staff thinks that a JCET is a new type of car produced in Europe.

6. Group has discoverd that the FOB has spent the entire Battalion annual budget on copier paper.

5. OSCE discovers that 1SG T. (AKA the Senator) is a candidate for the RS Presidency in the September Elections. His popularity is climbing in the polls and his is the main challenger to upset Plavsic in the election.

4. FOB is overwhelmed by the number of 4187's to terminate SF Status and join the 21st MP Company in Tuzla.

3. A LTC R. look-alike in a VRS uniform has been seen throughout the RS.

2. All joint awards and attempts for foreign wings are canxed, but Driver's Badges are approved for all.

And finally, the #1 reason the FOB needs to leave the country........ Martin Sheen is spotted going up the Bosna River in a PBR on his way to terminate the FOB Command.

THAT...is funny....:D

mff87
12-04-2012, 10:30
JCO in Bihac, JCO in Brcko, Socce in hotel Ilidza, 3 months w/French in Olympic ice stadium, back when there was beer, booze and broads.

Congo336
02-06-2013, 12:28
I was TS for the team where the SEAL got stabbed in Vlasenicia. One of our cars also got burnt up and we got shot at occasionally. Really though, they loved us there. I have attached a JCO story I was asked to write by our BC at the end of the deployment. The JCO gig was one of my favorites in my entire career even with a few unexpected SNAFUs along the way.

BKKMAN
02-06-2013, 13:24
I was TS for the team where the SEAL got stabbed in Vlasenicia. One of our cars also got burnt up and we got shot at occasionally. Really though, they loved us there. I have attached a JCO story I was asked to write by our BC at the end of the deployment. The JCO gig was one of my favorites in my entire career even with a few unexpected SNAFUs along the way.

No attachment...

Congo336
02-06-2013, 13:30
I tried to upload the document but was missing a security code or something. I can always email it, if you (or anyone here) is interested, just let me know your info in the private message box and I will send it.

Congo336
02-06-2013, 13:53
Anyhoo, the story I was gonna upload is too long to tell here, but the SEAL story isn't. He was a good guy and fit in real well on the team (me, my warrant, and three team guys). It seems he was named Cory, but maybe not. I had gone to bed on the 2nd floor when I heard three shots from right below my window. The 1st floor crapper had plugged up and he was coming upsatirs to use that head. The JCO house was two apartments, so you had to go outside to come upstairs.

As he went outside he heard something from the back of the house and then got stabbed in the L shoulder with a mowing cythe that had been hanging in the tree. Went in about 4 or 5 inches. He feel back and pulled the cythe out as the person who stabbed him started running off. The SEAL pulled his pistol and shot at the guy and hit the garage door (next door) all 3 times. The next day the people living next to us left. Our BC visited and told him if he had been SF he wouldn't have missed.

Of course our guys on shift went out as soon as they heard shots, but no one was caught. The SEAL stayed with our team after getting a tetnus shot and bandaide until we closed up and left the AO. No JCO team replaced us and the locations to the north and south split up the area. Our biggest named town was Srebrenica and that was an interesting place to go do foot patrols. Good times!

Ret10Echo
02-06-2013, 19:14
As he went outside he heard something from the back of the house and then got stabbed in the L shoulder with a mowing cythe that had been hanging in the tree. Went in about 4 or 5 inches. He feel back and pulled the cythe out as the person who stabbed him started running off. The SEAL pulled his pistol and shot at the guy and hit the garage door (next door) all 3 times. The next day the people living next to us left. Our BC visited and told him if he had been SF he wouldn't have missed.

I remember the event being referred to as "Navy SEALs versus Children of the Corn"... Did you ever see the "cartoon" that was circulating afterward?? :D

rudelsg2
02-06-2013, 19:21
I remember the event being referred to as "Navy SEALs versus Children of the Corn"... Did you ever see the "cartoon" that was circulating afterward?? :D

Wasn't that cartoon hanging below the Hootie Hoo Horn in the SOCCE OPS Room?

Ret10Echo
02-06-2013, 19:24
Wasn't that cartoon hanging below the Hootie Hoo Horn in the SOCCE OPS Room?

HA... Yes. Along with the "Herb the Serb *^%@'s up his Manifesto" drawing... (Drinking the Milkshake of Anger)

All of which disappeared when the Fun Polreese came through. Was hoping someone had a copy of them.....

SF18C
02-06-2013, 19:25
I loved my JCO time; the wine, the women, the parties...if you weren't in "Babe-alina" you missed out!

oh yeah we worked too

rudelsg2
02-06-2013, 19:31
HA... Yes. Along with the "Herb the Serb *^%@'s up his Manifesto" drawing... (Drinking the Milkshake of Anger)

All of which disappeared when the Fun Polreese came through. Was hoping someone had a copy of them.....

Ahh.. "The Chris and Ron SOCCE OPS Show" two men dealing with more stupidity in one day then most men see in a life time, with occasional special musical guest stars "The Ass Brothers", Dumbass and Fatass. Singing their favorite tune "Message to Garcia"!

RichL025
02-06-2013, 23:13
I loved my JCO time; the wine, the women, the parties...if you weren't in "Babe-alina" you missed out!

oh yeah we worked too

I remember someone made up a tune "Hey, Bijelina" to the tune of "Macarena"....