PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Bags,

trent
06-21-2008, 12:37
Having more vehicle's than supplies and a worthless support chain we had to improvise on some of our HMMV med bags. Surprisingly, though, I discovered that the huge Skedco case bereft of all Skedco equipment makes an amazing vehicle bag, actually the best vehicle bag I have ever had. Just an idea on adapting and overcoming in this gorgeous dust bowl.

MiTTMedic
07-13-2008, 06:43
The Warrior Aid & Litter Kit may be of some use. Of course, I felt it needed a little help by adding a Hyphin chest seal, real Kerlix, etc. I was careful to only add the things taught in CLS. The WALK can easily be made into a "Super CLS" bag. I also used 3" tape to label the individual pockets. The new MRAPS come standard with a WALK.

linedoc
07-14-2008, 01:57
My squad has been using the WALK kits but I have ditched the litters for NARP spineboards (they fit in an 1151). In the larger compartment I put a Skedco rope bag and a KED along with massive hemorrage kits in the pockets. I have found that there is no need for anything fancy, if there is a need I have it in my bags.

I previsouly though about the skedco bags but I only had 2 for 4 trucks. The WALKs were pretty easy to aquire ;)

MiTTMedic
07-14-2008, 02:18
True about the Talons & 1114's. I pulled mine out & loaded them with other stuff, too. When we got the MEAP's, I put a spine board on each side & put the Talon's back in the bags.