PDA

View Full Version : Pulse Oximeter

Smokin Joe
06-19-2008, 04:54
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am in need of a Pulse Oximeter that is capable of being accurate on a toddler (age is 14 months). I know jack and shit about this piece of equipment; however I am doing my research to try and lessen the gap.

I would REALLY appreciate any input from you who work in the Medical field on which one to get.

Thank you for your help,

SJ

JJ_BPK
06-19-2008, 06:04
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am in need of a Pulse Oximeter that is capable of being accurate on a toddler (age is 14 months). I know jack and shit about this piece of equipment; however I am doing my research to try and lessen the gap.

I would REALLY appreciate any input from you who work in the Medical field on which one to get.

Thank you for your help,

SJ

GOOGLE HIT:

http://www.favoriteplus.com/pediatric-finger-pulse-oximeter-fp300p.php

Finger Pulse Oximeters, Product ID: FP300P, Pediatric Finger Pulse Oximeter FP300P Details

FP300P pediatric finger pulse oximeter is specially designed to provide spot-check for oxygen saturation level and pulse rate for children. Recommended for Pediatric patients weighing 5-45 kg/10-100 lb. Not intended for prolonged use (spot-check only). Simply attach this lightweight pediatric oximeter to the end of the child's finger to show SpO2 and pulse rate on a high visibility color display. This pediatric finger pulse oximeter can be used to detect conditions such as hypoxemia, a deficiency in the concentration of oxygen in arterial blood, whether due to an inadequate supply or poor circulation. FP300P pediatric finger pulse oximeter is covered under 1-year manufacturer's warranty and is a great choice for any parent or healthcare practitioner at an affordable price. List Price: $275.00 Price: $199.00 €128.45 £101.89 AU$211.44

adal
06-19-2008, 09:43
I have one. It's yours to use. You have to drive across town to get it though. Any time I'm off until the 24th.

Sacamuelas
06-19-2008, 20:30
SJ-

A little more info please. Is the little one going to sleep with it? Are you sure you are not referring to a sleep apnea monitor for the little one that monitors respirations or the lack of for a period of time? What are the requirements for monitoring if it is in fact a O2 sat reading as you posted... daytime....nighttime..... only when symptomatic????

Sorry, just trying to help. I have a LOT of personal, not necessarily professional, experience with infant/toddler monitoring.

Smokin Joe
06-20-2008, 00:42
Adal hooked me up..... This thing is the cats ass.

Saca,

Recently the little one has been picking up the sniffles from his dirty little girlfriends at day care; whatever he has been picking up moves to his lungs in about 24 hours. Once this happens his O2 rate drops and he struggles to breath. We have a nebulizer and give him albuterol as needed; if we can catch it early enough we can usually avoid a trip to the ER.

The SpO2 will be used to help us decide whether his O2 levels are sustaining at a sufficient level at home or if we need to run him to the ER.

Sleep apnea is non issue at this point

Does that answer your question???

Thanks

Sacamuelas
06-20-2008, 06:25
Yep. Sounds like you are on it 100%. I was just making sure.

Good luck with the little guy. I don't blame you one bit for getting one. It IS very comforting having the ability to know when things are getting serious when dealing with little ones. Good on ya'.

Hopefully, you won't need it much anymore. :cool:

FXCOfire
06-24-2008, 07:14
SJ

If I were to respond to your house in the middle of the night on a 911 call, There is at least one question I might ask - " is this done in consult with your child's pediatrician?". We would still recommend an ED visit.

FXCOfire