PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, couple of question please.

Matt84
06-18-2008, 05:43
Hey guys,

How are ya'll. I just have a couple of questions that I would like to hear some feed back on from you guys in the group, instead of having my recruiter awnser them for me. I am active duty prior sevice and I know, as I'm sure ya'll do, that you can't always belive what you here from your recruiter...ha ha! (Thats a corny comment I know, but its true). But anyhow, I worked with several groups in Iraq and also while being stationed at Bragg I've got a good understanding of how alot of things work. However, I'm not exactly sure how the Gaurd works with certain things. For example, how much time off does one get inbetween and also while in MOS training to see the family. My wife is also prior service so she understands however I still just thought I would ask. What is your current and future deployment scedual looking like. To be honest I'm alittle tired of southwest asia, yet I do know its more than likely I'll go back once I'm in the group, I would just like to see some other parts of the world this time around. Also, I know asking for this is a luxery but do you guys get plenty of time to attend college. Thanks guys for taking the time to read this, wether you respond or to it not I still appreciate it. Best of luck to you all, and hope to see you soon..........Matt.

Kyobanim
06-18-2008, 05:48
First, read the email you received and follow the instructions contained in it.
Second, use the search button. Your question has been answered already.
Third, fill out your profile.

So far you are a No Go at 3 stations.

Don't post again until you do these things.

SF_BHT
06-18-2008, 07:33
First, read the email you received and follow the instructions contained in it.
Second, use the search button. Your question has been answered already.
Third, fill out your profile.

So far you are a No Go at 3 stations.

Don't post again until you do these things.

X 10 :munchin

Is this the month for non readers?

Oh I know High School just let out...................

The Reaper
06-18-2008, 07:47
I was just thinking the same thing.

This is like the fifth one in the past week to blow off the registration message, ignore the stickies and rules, and just start demanding personal assistance (in broken English).

Clearly, most of the people who stumble in like that with zero SA are probably not SF material.

Maybe we should make an example of someone.:munchin

TR

Kyobanim
06-18-2008, 08:06
Maybe proof of a basic English or writing class should be added to the list of requirements.

Matt84
06-18-2008, 10:26
Well my profile has been updated. If you review a current membership e-mail, you will see that there is no requirement to add a profile to your acount. That is probobly why many people have recently been creating their accounts with no profile. But just so you guys are satistfied I went ahead and did that for all of you. And forgive me for my , so called, "broken English", I didn't realize we were in English class. But anyways, I'm sorry that the indescretions bothered you that bad. And I hope in the future that the next young aspireing Special Forces recruit is given a little more guidance and encouragement instead of a handfull of slaps in the face.

The Reaper
06-18-2008, 10:40
Well my profile has been updated. If you review a current membership e-mail, you will see that there is no requirement to add a profile to your acount. That is probobly why many people have recently been creating their accounts with no profile. But just so you guys are satistfied I went ahead and did that for all of you. And forgive me for my , so called, "broken English", I didn't realize we were in English class. But anyways, I'm sorry that the indescretions bothered you that bad. And I hope in the future that the next young aspireing Special Forces recruit is given a little more guidance and encouragement instead of a handfull of slaps in the face.

I see.

Still no introduction on the referenced thread though?

You did note the requirement to read the rules before posting?

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3452

Looks like you might want to review Rules 1, 2, 3, 7, and 8.

Professional Soldiers ® Bulletin Board Rules

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All new members will be placed in a 24 hour reading only status. All new Quiet Professionals and others with good cause may request an exception to policy waiver from an Admin. Hopefully, that time will be put to good use searching, reading, and learning the rules, as well as acquiring decent Situational Awareness (SA) for the board. After 24 hours, new members will be promoted and will be able to post. An introduction would be a good way to start. (see Below)

Professional Soldiers ® Bulletin Board Rules:

1. We encourage new members to observe a forum before posting, which will avoid interrupting the tenor of a thread or a forum with inappropriate or irrelevant information. We also encourage the new member to use the board’s search options before starting a new thread which might be an inappropriate repeat of a subject that has already been covered.

2. Fill out your profile.

If you desire to engage a Quiet Professional in a discussion concerning issues you find interesting it is essential you fill out your profile. The Quiet Professionals are interested in knowing with whom they're discussing global terrorism before they post a reply. While you need not submit your birthday, a year of birth helps.

3. Introduce yourself with your first post. Here!

When you come into our house we'd like to know a little about you. This assists in the framing of a response from a Professional Soldiers ® member.

4. No verbal attacks, flaming etc. Verbal assaults on a member of Professional Soldiers ® will result in a warning and/or immediate banning from the bulletin board. Likewise a malicious verbal assault on a Quiet Professional will result in amusing the other Quiet Professionals and a possible banning by the board administrators.

5. Posting pictures: All posted pictures should be relevant to the thread they're being posted in. The posting of nudity will not be tolerated and will result in an immediate removal from the Professional Soldiers ® forums along with the poster.

6. Advertisements must first be approved by Professional Soldiers' ® Staff before posting. URLs in the signature line are not permitted. A link in a post is permitted as long as the link is relevant to the thread.

7. Think before you post. Post something unintelligent and we’ll let you know. Post something unintelligent twice and you’ll be gone. We ask no quarter and none will be given.

8. Use the search button. We are asked many of the same questions time and time again. The first time one asks a redundant question he/she will be warned, the second time might result in a banning.

9. Professional Soldiers' ® Staff reserves the right to edit, move, delete and/or ban anyone at anytime for any reason.

10. Individuals under the age of 17 are not encouraged to post. Individuals under the age of 14 are not permitted to register.

ProfessionalSoldiers.com is owned and operated by Quiet Professionals. While all moderators may not be Quiet Professionals all of the administrators are and all have zero tolerance for foolish or troublesome members. Professional Soldiers' ® moderators have the total support of board administrators and Quiet Professionals. Any verbal assault on a PS moderator will not be viewed as amusing and will be dealt with unsympathetically by the board administrators.

Stupidity is not an excuse.

De Oppresso Liber

Glad to know that you can at least spell and follow the basic rules of grammar. First impressions are lasting ones. You will note that again several times during your career.

Frankly, if you cannot even follow these simple instructions, I really doubt that you will be joining our ranks. If you do, please let us know. As we describe on other stickies you seem to have ignored, we are looking for people with intelligence, attention to detail, good situational awareness, and self-motivation, as well as strong backs.

People who read, follow the rules, and pay attention find many gems here, along with great support, as recent grads of the program can attest. Those who do not don't last very long and are unlikely to succeed in the pipeline anyway. Personally, whether you stay or leave is of no consequence to me. I have several hundred brothers here who have made it into the Regiment that I prefer to correspond with anyway.

Have a very SF day, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

TR

Matt84
06-18-2008, 10:52
Thank you for the insight Reaper. I appologize for bothering you all. I was just curious and had a couple of questions. I never knew it was going to be so difficult to ask a question or two. But never the less, Hope you have a good day and best of luck.

The Reaper
06-18-2008, 10:58
Thank you for the insight Reaper. I appologize for bothering you all. I was just curious and had a couple of questions. I never knew it was going to be so difficult to ask a question or two. But never the less, Hope you have a good day and best of luck.

Most new members with questions read the rules and quickly find the answers with a little searching.

Believe it or not, you are not the first new member who has questions. Ten minutes of searching would have given you several hours of relevant and informative responses pertaining to your questions to read through.

We specifically ask new members not to do what you did, and we have for over four years. The bull in the china shop approach is strongly discouraged in SF. You might search "gray man" while you still can.

I would not show up at someone else's house who I did not know and start demanding info without looking around first to get to know the AO.

Best of luck to you as well.

TR

Matt84
06-18-2008, 11:39
Brother Reaper, I have never nor will I ever demand anything from anyone. I did at no point demand that my questions be awnsered. I just simply asked for a kind reply. But you are exactly correct. I should have done alittle more research and introduced myself properly. My name is Matt Hxxxxxx I am 24 years old. I grew up in Homestead, Fl.. I spent four years in the army on Ft. Bragg with 18th Air. and one and a half years with 3rd I.D. in Iraq, Serria, Kuwait, and the Iranian broder. I am hoping to enlist with 20th SFG in the next few mounths. I am currently living in Ft. lauderdale, Fl.. I work off of a feuling ship off the coast of New York, and am also a member of the Deans list at Methodist University.

We don't need your last name out here in the public view

Kyobanim
06-18-2008, 12:58
Matt,

Stop digging. If you keep going that hole is going to be all the way to China and nothing good will come of it. Take the critique and drive on.

SF_BHT
06-18-2008, 14:25
Matt,

Stop digging. If you keep going that hole is going to be all the way to China and nothing good will come of it. Take the critique and drive on.

X2

Matt

Post and intro

Check the attitude

Search and read or............ You may never get any info and you know that this a small community and if you keep up the digging of the hole you may have problems trying to get help in 20th SFG.

Again Post the intro in the proper place and check the attitude as requested.