PDA

View Full Version : Officer Readmission

T Wood
06-15-2008, 18:15
First I apologize if this has been covered already, or if this is in an inappropriate place.

Second, this is the thread I hoped to never have to post, but I can't do anything about the past, so here goes.

Bottom line I was a non-select in the May class. I never got a definitive answer as to why, but based on what feedback I got it was probably related to digging myself into a hole time wise during team week and not getting out of it in time.

I am beggining to start the process for Officer Readmission. It looks like quite a task to get back, but I honestly feel like it's where I belong and that if given a second shot I could/would be selected.

So my questions for the QPs is. Is this a realistic goal I am setting for myself? Is there anything I can do now to increase my chances of being readmitted? And if you were going to deploy this fall, would it be better to reapply and hope to go to SFAS before the deployment, or is there a possibility to apply out-of-year group after redeployment?

I'm only asking because I've already been told by an 18A at SWC that they're good on officers and the odds of being readmitted are slim to none.

Who knows, maybe this was just the kick in the ass I needed. If I don't get another chance I won't have any body to blame but myself and I understand that, but if the opportunity is there. I can't help but feel like I've gotta take it.

Thank you for any response.

The Reaper
06-15-2008, 18:17
First I apologize if this has been covered already, or if this is in an inappropriate place.

Second, this is the thread I hoped to never have to post, but I can't do anything about the past, so here goes.

Bottom line I was a non-select in the May class. I never got a definitive answer as to why, but based on what feedback I got it was probably related to digging myself into a hole time wise during team week and not getting out of it in time.

I am beggining to start the process for Officer Readmission. It looks like quite a task to get back, but I honestly feel like it's where I belong and that if given a second shot I could/would be selected.

So my questions for the QPs is. Is this a realistic goal I am setting for myself? Is there anything I can do now to increase my chances of being readmitted? And if you were going to deploy this fall, would it be better to reapply and hope to go to SFAS before the deployment, or is there a possibility to apply out-of-year group after redeployment?

I'm only asking because I've already been told by an 18A at SWC that they're good on officers and the odds of being readmitted are slim to none.

Who knows, maybe this was just the kick in the ass I needed. If I don't get another chance I won't have any body to blame but myself and I understand that, but if the opportunity is there. I can't help but feel like I've gotta take it.

Thank you for any response.

Flogged to death already.

As you may have read, the Search button is your friend.

BLUF, no.

TR

T Wood
06-15-2008, 18:19
TR, thanks for the response. I apologize, I actually did search several different phrases and never saw a specific topic, but that's probably my own ineptitude.