PDA

View Full Version : Professional Soldier - how do I see it :)

PiterM
06-08-2008, 11:47
Well... I know that Professional Soldier is a very special knife. It should stay flat on molle and be ready for cutting action on a landing zone. Small, lightweight & sharp. However, I personally do not practice HILO combat jumps that often ;) so I see it a bit different. It is flat, lightweight (but still tough) utility blade. I'm going to use it attached to the shoulder strap of my light backpack. For mountineering, biking, hiking etc. So I decided I'd need a bit different sheath. Smaller, slimmer, which would allow me to draw the knife easily. So that's what I did. Again, that is NOT a sheath for combat use, I know. But for utilitarian purposes should do just fine. What I like about it the most? The fact that you can FULLY grip your knife and draw it smoothly out of the sheath. Hope you like my design...

The Reaper
06-08-2008, 11:59
Piter:

Big improvement, I am not a fan of the issued sheath either. Too big, bulky, and too hard to grip the knife for a draw stroke.

This is what you can do to modify the standard sheath and is somewhat closer to our original intent. At least you can draw from it safely.

Very nice work, BTW.

TR

swatsurgeon
06-08-2008, 19:00
And we can purchase the new slim sheath how?

Ss

signedknife
06-08-2008, 21:05
Piter
Thats a great looking sheath!!

Bryan :)

Bill Harsey
06-09-2008, 09:39
Piter,
Good looking work.
Our test for this sheath was to draw the knife and re-insert at least 200 times (counted) to see if the sheath maintains the same grip on the knife.
Have you tried this yet?

PiterM
06-23-2008, 17:13
Reaper, I also did rework on the original sheath... it's much better for everyday general use now. Easy and safe to draw. And still very safe when knife sheathed. I like PS :cool:

Roguish Lawyer
06-23-2008, 17:31

Ss

Please let me know too. I just took my knife on a camping trip and I did not like the issued sheath at all.

The Reaper
06-23-2008, 19:04
Please let me know too. I just took my knife on a camping trip and I did not like the issued sheath at all.

Ss

Do you gentlemen not know how to operate a saw, grinder, or Dremel tool, when shown the finished product?

TR

Sacamuelas
06-23-2008, 19:25
Do you gentlemen not know how to operate a saw, grinder, or Dremel tool, when shown the finished product?

TR

I DO !!!!!!!!!!:D:D LOL

Peregrino
06-23-2008, 20:36
I DO !!!!!!!!!!:D:D LOL

Kydex shavings in the dentist's chair aren't going to go over well with the average patient. :p

Razor
06-24-2008, 09:07
At least Kydex won't scream. ;)

swatsurgeon
06-24-2008, 14:33

TR

TR,
I did to mine exactly what you did to yours with a dremel tool. I liked the slimmer profile that Piter had...not a huge difference but easier on a thinner strap.

ss

Roguish Lawyer
06-24-2008, 14:35
TR,
I did to mine exactly what you did to yours with a dremel tool. I liked the slimmer profile that Piter had...not a huge difference but easier on a thinner strap.

ss

Oh fine, I'll do it too . . . :eek: